Seaside Royal Suite Review-Sept 15-22

EMc&DrS

d483fac83f6ed6bf3bcfa86f426b4943.jpg

My family returned from a week on the Seaside last Saturday, and during our time on board, my wife and I were lucky enough to enjoy one of the two Royal Suites, #16037. Our daughter and son-in-law had an additional YC room, as did our adult son and his best friend. All of us had a phenomenal week on the Seaside, and we would go back tomorrow if we could! I will write this review in a few sections so that I can insert some photos along the way.

From the moment we arrived at the YC tent at the pier until we reluctantly walked off the ship at the end of the week, we were all treated like (for lack of a better word)....royalty. After clearing security, we were led to an area between security and the entrance of the ship where they scan your card for the first time, and it was there that we were greeted by our former butler from Divina, Vishnu, who immediately recognized us even though it had been 14 months since we had sailed with him. We were so excited to find out that he was our butler for this sailing as well, along with his friendly assistant, Tushar. As was the case last time, Vishnu could not have done anymore to make us feel welcome. He is a true gentleman, and it’s not just because we were in the RS. He treats all guests with the greatest dignity and respect.

Our daughter’s butler was Minoj, and he was a perfect fit for her and her husband. He looked after them like a father, and was so accommodating even when they would do something like forgetting to put out their room service breakfast menu, and then calling him in the morning to ask for coffee. I can’t imagine any better butlers than these two fine men.

One of the nicest moments of the week occurred while we were being seated for dinner the first night. We were being shown to our table in the back corner when our favorite waiter from Divina came around the corner. When Arthur saw my wife, he bolted towards her to give her a huge, sincere hug. And then he was hugging me, too. Our kids couldn’t understand why we were so adamant about hoping to be seated in his section again, but in that moment, they quickly understood. We all enjoyed every minute of our time with Arthur and his outstanding assistant, King, and felt lucky to get him since he starts his vacation today, September 29. For those wondering, he does not yet know where he will be assigned next.

0edd1a8df00274aa5b28433a39b47068.jpg

Arthur and his excellent assistant, King.

2b4eedafbc7646424d12c457238e683b.jpg

If you’ve ever sailed in YC, you know that over the course of a week you will interact with most of the YC staff, not just your specific butler and waiter. The entire YC staff was outstanding, and we really wanted for nothing all week. We’ve enjoyed trying different cruise lines over the years, but the YC service and experience has been a great fit for our family, and it will be hard to “go back” at this point. As great as it was to be in the RS, it’s the service and attention to detail that all YC guests enjoy that will keep us coming back as long as we can afford it.

356e2487b56d4c07e7e05d001bfddf0f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

9fe5a1505e22e4d80d07166c4f5cc233.jpg

As far as the suite itself, it was beautiful. I, like many others, saw a thread on this board several months ago reporting that there were several maintenance issues in RS 16037 that needed attention. I’m happy to report that those issues had all been addressed. The suite was incredibly clean and in excellent condition. It was really more room than two people need, but since we had our extended family with us, it served as the perfect gathering place for sail away parties and pre-dinner cocktails.

a3700e1f721fa5bc56605fb4803706e8.jpg

5e8680307800f7a1456e2bc5f6e581a1.jpg

And that deck! We all loved the hot tub, the dining table, and the two cushioned lounge chairs—they are positioned in just the right place for the perfect view and breeze!

dc15f50a2fc5dd927fbf2740e389f7f2.jpg

fb5628d6b1f7d9ccf546a0d41c5a13b6.jpg

01a7119aae2676a07e574f8abb89462e.jpg

65116a40754c338facaf5913fdef52cf.jpg

5cf3259a5d6fe303898db5a19601605f.jpg

A great perk that comes with the suite is the private poolside cabana for the entire week. We didn’t know about this perk when we booked the cruise 16 months ago, but we used the cabana everyday. Each RS has a cabana on deck 19–-two floors up directly above their balcony.

f79865317b4b7c4858d231df27a1881e.jpg

We had great shade in our cabana for the first three days as the ship sailed in a southeasterly direction. Shade was a little scare, however, on the days we were sailing towards Miami because of the angle of the sun. That was okay because we loved spending time in the pool!

0646728d33be0f660f2f75b3b3f8a76f.jpg

82d20545da0964eb23d7948605786eba.jpg

We had read in advance that rented cabanas come with extras throughout the day. For the record, the cabanas reserved for the RS comes with these extras just one day—the 3rd sea day for our sailing. We received a platter of pastries in the morning along with a cooler of chilled drinks. We were offered prosecco, but turned it down. We also received fantastic sushi at lunchtime along with hummus and pita, chips and dip, and a platter of fresh fruit. Just when you thought you had experienced everything in the yacht club, this was a nice surprise for us late in the cruise.

Vishnu checked on us periodically throughout the day. My daughter loved the hummus so much, so asked Vishnu where she could get some more. A few minutes later he returned with another round of all the afternoon snacks including the hummus. Turned out that the family in the other RS was not using their cabana, but all of their treats had been prepared just in case. Rather than throwing them away, Vishnu brought them to us. They did not go to waste.

8621f1df1539fdf2e2afa830843ad7f5.jpg

(Even with all the snacks, I couldn’t pass up a pair of these seafood skewers from the poolside grill. Had to use the cooler as my table since the table was covered with all of the other good stuff! Way more lunch choices at the poolside grill on Seaside than on Divina.)

As the person who made the thread about the minor issues in 16037, I'm glad that the minor issues have been fixed. :D

I totally agree about Vishnu. He's great. There were many others who were also great. We miss all of them....we can't wait to see them again.

I remember you showed pictures of the areas that needed attention like the balcony railing that already looked like it belonged on an old ship. No longer the case--it was in perfect condition. I bet your post had a lot to do with that.

We did have to ask for help with the hot tub--couldn't figure out how to get the stopper to close. Once Vishnu showed us what to do, we were in business. If there were one thing that could use attention it would be the carpet. I didn't see the stain you mentioned between the bedroom and the changing area, but the carpet feels like it could use a cleaning. Felt like carpet at a beach hotel--covered in months of sunscreen residue.

b0893d40e83285360e58b4900a9d6607.jpg

The wristbands-we loved them! Had no opinion about them coming in, but never took it off the whole week, and only used my cruise card to get on and off the ship. They worked like a charm, and made it much easier to get around without having to keep up with the card, which stayed in the light switch back in the suite.

a072bd651e7d173b2d8ed1a730401950.jpg

We did use the wristband to access the priority elevator for yacht club. When we would leave the yacht club on deck 16, the only public space near the elevators was the specialty restaurants. So, when we would come out on the port side to access the elevators, there was never anybody standing there. Once we learned that you scan your wristband and do not push the up or down button, the priority elevator will come to you. If you press one of the other buttons, you have summoned the first available elevator. Whoever scans the wristband on the outside has to be the one to scan it on the inside before it will except the floor that you want to go to.

24d656d9271f33380273bfd41bc081f3.jpg

16960725d85baf707fe8b722704c758d.jpg

It was also easy to use them at places like Venchi where the gelato and coffee drinks are free for YC, but they still scan your wristband.

3566eb3b5d441dd45f9b2c5168819ba2.jpg

96473d85c25fa6ddcd374389d9be0b56.jpg

As far as excursions, we did not do any this time sponsored by the cruise line. In St. Maarten, we took a van out to Simpson bay near the airport and enjoyed a day at Karakter Beach Bar & Restaurant . For just under $100 (including a nice tip), our driver took all six of us to the restaurant, and then came back to get us at 2:30 PM so that we could get ahead of the traffic and spend a little time shopping in downtown.

48e575ee60b3bcad915a4640787f3209.jpg

fb0276af48133570a132b050cb8a139b.jpg

If you’re looking for a relaxing day at the beach, we would recommend this restaurant. We were able to have cushioned loungers and umbrellas for free on the beach, and then enjoyed lunch, some beers, and rum & cokes under the canopy by the bar.

afdb31b0ed30dee7adb5c1d496832fd4.jpg

The beach was never crowded, the food and drinks were good, and you can still watch the airplanes taking off and landing directly behind you as there is just a chain-link fence between the restaurant property and the runway.

cb3cce91c0ecff67ea785fd798c2151e.jpg

e2e0d5284f3b18eb32b3a0d2c110864d.jpg

Thanks for all the info. We have that room in June but will also be on in March.

We had Minoj as one of our butlers on Divinia last year. He was great.

St Maarten trip for only $100 RT for 6? How/where did you arrange that? Did you have the short day there leaving at like 2:30?

Thanks for all the info. We have that room in June but will also be on in March.

We had Minoj as one of our butlers on Divinia last year. He was great.

St Maarten trip for only $100 RT for 6? How/where did you arrange that? Did you have the short day there leaving at like 2:30?

Minoj said he will be on board until some time in March, so maybe you will see him then.

As far as the taxi, we just went to the taxi stand and told them we needed a ride for 6 to Karakter. The driver was the one who said he would not collect any money when he dropped us off if we would agree to have him pick us up when we were ready to leave. This was definitely the way to go because Karakter is at the end of a road away from the tourist areas, so there would never be a taxi just sitting outside for no reason. Of course, the staff would call for one to come get you, but it was way more relaxing knowing he was coming back--especially since he didn't want payment until he dropped us off back in Phillipsburg. Thinking back, I think it was $45 each way for 6, and then everyone chipped in some extra money for his tip. Karakter is open for breakfast, so you can go right there as soon as you get off the ship.

Did you just give a standing order each evening for the in room snacks and drinks or did they just make it up on their own?

We arranged the sail away party with Vishnu and Tushar once we got on board. We told them a variety of drinks we'd like to have, and then they brought a sampling of canapés from the Top Sail to go along with the drinks. The rest of the times we would make our own drinks from the mini bar or run to Top Sail to get some drinks because I didn't want to monopolize Vishnu's time. He did, however, suggest we have a final sail away party on the last afternoon as we were leaving Nassau, and he suggested 4 PM. We were over an hour late leaving because of a medical emergency involving a YC passenger who was off the ship, and Vishnu was held up dealing with much more important issues at that time. Even still, he did arrive with a tray of drinks after we finally left Nassau so that we would know he didn't forget.

c25ddfd5d05e0491e1c9c1097ff9efab.jpg

7850629d9170bbdad7a8ed491c0646d0.jpg

In San Juan my wife and daughter had a day at the spa while the “boys” took a walk around the old town for a couple of hours. We were happy to join them in the thermal area of the spa when we got back.

27d1a14d88f58d6ddc9f4fc883755f6b.jpg

First stop-the snow room to cool off!

1ef372b0004113d4e7ba9cbe70b84f01.jpg

The spa on Seaside is especially nice, and this is a great perk that come along with yacht club. My wife and daughter enjoyed their massages so much, they booked a second one for the next day-said it was one of the best they’ve ever had. All of us enjoyed using the thermal area a few times over the course of the week.

We were docked next to the enormous Harmony of the Seas on one side and the Carnival Magic on the other. Harmony left first because we were an hour late leaving due to excursion bus that got stuck in traffic.

be727a473a2e69d269a0bfb1c829129b.jpg

Fun to watch, but glad to be on the Seaside instead.

b46a1af466cde16f7240a64fef4185be.jpg

ef396e655d5a541e0aa37a4835caf906.jpg

In Nassau, we each spent five dollars (each way) to take a cab over to Cabbage beach on Paradise Island. We specified that we did not want to go to Atlantis, but to the public entrance to the beach, which is a few hotels down from Atlantis. (Cabdrivers love to drop you off at Atlantis because it’s a much quicker turnaround for them, but it turns out to be a long walk for you if you have not paid to go to Atlantis).

7f4fad5a6888a3048bd21ccdb5b06b85.jpg

Once we get to Cabbage Beach and pass through the hordes of vendors, we like to walk down the beach away from the crowd and set up in front of the Four Seasons Hotel, which looks more like a series of two-story condominiums.

47e73df7cf2627de1ca83ef881b9673d.jpg

The beach there is beautiful and is never crowded. This was the best $10 we spent all week!

364aeb1e57897cc6255fb3c8bb1b1871.jpg

52b40fdd7c4f70d83ecee93639a027b0.jpg

ad5d514dc6c62e32b05b2fa7698b99bd.jpg

6731b2c96b05a00a4797a12e4bc272e2.jpg

The brand new Carnival Horizon was in port when we arrived in Nassau. It had just sailed for the first time from the port of Miami on a 2-day preview cruise before it begins its regular itinerary.

bf1b9c8447ad6c37843a604b87e1d2b7.jpg

The view out our window.

84fc4dc72dcbfc1fed08d8ed72c2c9b1.jpg

47e9eb1b6b67f4d0b03d2aa659abe5d5.jpg

Horizon was first to leave because we were delayed over an hour due to a medical emergency on shore involving a YC passenger.

bc9362f38dd35aa7d6ab340ef371caca.jpg

abd01d98bd813e603bc2b378763e61d6.jpg

65116a40754c338facaf5913fdef52cf.jpg

5cf3259a5d6fe303898db5a19601605f.jpg

A great perk that comes with the suite is the private poolside cabana for the entire week. We didn’t know about this perk when we booked the cruise 16 months ago, but we used the cabana everyday. Each RS has a cabana on deck 19–-two floors up directly above their balcony.

f79865317b4b7c4858d231df27a1881e.jpg

We had great shade in our cabana for the first three days as the ship sailed in a southeasterly direction. Shade was a little scare, however, on the days we were sailing towards Miami because of the angle of the sun. That was okay because we loved spending time in the pool!

0646728d33be0f660f2f75b3b3f8a76f.jpg

82d20545da0964eb23d7948605786eba.jpg

We had read in advance that rented cabanas come with extras throughout the day. For the record, the cabanas reserved for the RS comes with these extras just one day—the 3rd sea day for our sailing. We received a platter of pastries in the morning along with a cooler of chilled drinks. We were offered prosecco, but turned it down. We also received fantastic sushi at lunchtime along with hummus and pita, chips and dip, and a platter of fresh fruit. Just when you thought you had experienced everything in the yacht club, this was a nice surprise for us late in the cruise.

Vishnu checked on us periodically throughout the day. My daughter loved the hummus so much, so asked Vishnu where she could get some more. A few minutes later he returned with another round of all the afternoon snacks including the hummus. Turned out that the family in the other RS was not using their cabana, but all of their treats had been prepared just in case. Rather than throwing them away, Vishnu brought them to us. They did not go to waste.

8621f1df1539fdf2e2afa830843ad7f5.jpg

(Even with all the snacks, I couldn’t pass up a pair of these seafood skewers from the poolside grill. Had to use the cooler as my table since the table was covered with all of the other good stuff! Way more lunch choices at the poolside grill on Seaside than on Divina.)

Where is the poolside grill located? In YC ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app