"There was a problem processing this transaction. Please contact your card provider."

Roz

Roz, 

we were booking our flights on BA and did our AMX card which did the same thing!!

We tried twice!

Called AMX because it was a transaction in a foreign country they wanted extra precaution and wanted the card holder to contact them. At the end there were no problems and my card went through. It was frustrating at first.

Denise😊

On 10/4/2018 at 2:33 PM, dfish said:

I got the error message on Delta Airlines when I was trying to upgrade once. When I called them, they said it was because the travel agent owned the booking and it had to be done through them. So, this must be a common standard.

Thank you for adding some light to this discussion.  I suspected exactly what you reported but, since I've never had the SAME EXPERIENCE myself, I didn't feel "qualified" to comment.

Thanks again, dfish, and best wishes.

• Like 1

I have a Visa card issued by a small credit union; I obtained it specifically because they do not charge a currency conversion fee. My attempts to book with Amtrak as well as with a small hotel in  Fort Lauderdale prior to a winter cruise were unsuccessful. Both merchants blamed the card issuer, the cc company blamed the merchants. Yet with the same card I was able to purchase a cruise with a much higher value.

I suspect that some merchants or corporations set their own risk tolerance, which can differ from one to another. 

• 3 weeks later...