Preparing for Life on the Edge...

Georgia_Peaches

Oh, ho! I feel I have meet my real brothers and sisters at last (an only child). I have two large storage boxes under the bed for just cruise clothing. Have bought a more sophisticated lbd and a beaded tie-dye coverup for the yellow VW bus scene. Splurged on a suite.

Sailing Feb. 10!

I certainly hope they actually went with the hippie bus. I've invested in some pretty cool t-shirts. Be sure to get pictures of your outfit! :cool:

I certainly hope they actually went with the hippie bus. I've invested in some pretty cool t-shirts. Be sure to get pictures of your outfit! :cool:

I have my hippie bus outfit including special sunglasses ready for pictures! That bus better be in the retreat. I love the idea of a closet too! So many good ideas in this thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's it! I'm making a cruise closet! I am so jealous. I do leave stuff in my cruise suitcases, but I want a whole closet!! :D

This actually started when I really liked the way a pair of white slax fit me on a cruise and I decided not to wear them at home just in case I stained them. Then I started buying citrus colored tops that looked great in the Caribbean but not in New York. Now that I live in Florida I still don’t wear my cruise clothes about town, cause I hate shopping for every cruise. Hence a cruise closet!

That's it! I'm making a cruise closet! I am so jealous. I do leave stuff in my cruise suitcases, but I want a whole closet!! :D

This actually started when I really liked the way a pair of white slax fit me on a cruise and I decided not to wear them at home just in case I stained them. Then I started buying citrus colored tops that looked great in the Caribbean but not in New York. Now that I live in Florida I still don’t wear my cruise clothes about town, cause I hate shopping for every cruise. Hence a cruise closet!

I plan to change my underwear for sure and maybe my socks.

On the other hand I benefit from a wife whose job has required her to travel constantly for the last 45 years. She packs so beautifully that there is scarcely A wrinkle in our clothes when we arrive at our destination. And she keeps certain things always packed although it is lost on me. When we had a vacation home in Florida she had her Florida bag at the ready. And she always had a cruise bag ready to go with shoes, toiletries, certain wrinkle proof clothing articles. We can be out the door in an hour or so if there were a need. Needless to say, I am in awe because I am now so dependent on her. A good wife is God's greatest gift

Edited by BosoxI

Some of you mentioned "flash sales". Are you notified of these through Celebrity? How do you know about them?

I check my cruise planners pretty much every day and sometimes will see a banner on some items showing a percentage off. It seems to usually be 20% off on select items and occurs about every 3 months or so. I have been able to save quite a bit on upgrading beverage packages, internet packages and occasional shore excursions with these sales.

Sometimes others will notify us on Cruise Critic. I try to remember to let my roll calls know about flash sales.

Georgia _Peaches, it appears we re on the same cruise! We are doing a B2B 24 Mar and then 31 March. I’ll be an ‘old Edge Hand’ by then!!

Mainly I’m reading on Edge a good deal and planning on enjoying at sea and staying onboard in port as much as possible. Fpr me, this is a ship-cruise, not an itinerary.

Den

We are also on Edge on March 24th and then getting on Reflection on April 1 for an 11 night. Had booked Reflection long ago and then, while trying to find a cruise for a friend, found a fabulous deal on a Sunset veranda (guaranty) on Edge which she declined so hubby and I added it on. We, too, are planning to spend 98% of our time onboard. Have done 15 cruises with X before and done most of the Caribbean ports. Impatiently awaiting the Edge!

We're doing AQ for 7 days in Jan,.final payment due soon. Then we'll do the check, boarding pass, luggage tag stuff

Looking forward to a Sunset Veranda in Nov 2019, ABC Islands..first time in that category,,,,very excited, I didn't know they offered a guarantee in that category, they are sold out for our Nov Cruise. Sounds like you did very well..

The cruises are about the ship but we also have some nice ports to enjoy,

Made final payment today! Can check in in 4 days.

Sadly as excited and how desperate we are to take our journey on the Edge, still dealing with some surgical complications that have made getting excited and further planning of our upcoming vacation placed on a back burner :-(.

We did purchase one excursion when it was on sale about $40 pp lower than the previous price. However, other things that we waited on have either gone up in cost or are now no longer available. Hoping to start checking the cruise planner daily to not lose out on great deals like we did with a 3 day specialty dining package that is no longer available.

Made final payment today! Can check in in 4 days.

Sadly as excited and how desperate we are to take our journey on the Edge, still dealing with some surgical complications that have made getting excited and further planning of our upcoming vacation placed on a back burner :-(.

We did purchase one excursion when it was on sale about $40 pp lower than the previous price. However, other things that we waited on have either gone up in cost or are now no longer available. Hoping to start checking the cruise planner daily to not lose out on great deals like we did with a 3 day specialty dining package that is no longer available.

Hope you get better soon so that you can concentrate on planning and dreaming of your Edge cruise! :D

My DH and I have a travel/cruise closet like many on here have mentioned. We are on the first TA with four other cruise buddies. Our specialty dinner reservations are made, along with private excursions and airline tickets back to the States, including those to Florida...hotels etc.

Having secured all of that, I have a notebook filled with Edge articles, photos and information, but I also am excited to hear from others too, especially VTcruising since she is in the same S1 aft...yes, I canceled the original Dec. 16 cruise due to unforeseen things in life, which has proven to be a great decision for my DH too! By the time of the April TA, the word will be out and about CC...smooth sailing, but most likely various new crew members. After all, it is a TA! I too am looking forward to a few new ports, along with exploring the ship and viewing the high end cabins too! However, enjoying friendships and making new ones too while sharing fun on the high seas is always a delight!

Edited by Lastdance

Okay, I have found another way to feed my Edge obsession. :D

I have been trying to find a way to see the Edge when I fly into Ft Lauderdale the day prior to the cruise. I am hopeful she will be in port since it will be her first cruise on Nov 25 (of course, they could have added a pre-pre-pre-inaugural cruise). :eek:

I booked the Hilton Marina in a Tower Room, with port view, but since T25 is quite far over, I may not have a view of her in port. At first I thought that we might take a cab to the bridge to get a peek, but after reviewing all the options, I decided to go with Carrie B cruises and booked a 3 PM cruise the day before our first cruise. This is the description:

Join us for a 1.5 hour fully narrated sightseeing cruises of Fort Lauderdale’s yachts and homes of the rich and famous traveling on the New River, the Intracoastal Waterway, and Port Everglades.

Our Trips depart at 11:00am – 1:00pm – 3:00pm

This is the Port part of the tour:

Proceeding south through the 17th Street Causeway Bridge, we officially enter Port Everglades. On a busy day we will be rewarded with unparalleled views of some of the largest cruise ships in the world (pictured right). It's no secret this port is the winter home to one of the world's largest ocean liners, Cunard Line’s Queen Mary 2 as well as Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas. The Carrie B offers the best viewing of these grand ships when they are in port.

Port Everglades set the record for the most cruise ships in port on a single day, then later broke this record on three different occasions. Cruise ship aficionados appreciate our in depth coverage of this fast paced industry. We routinely host passengers from the ships you will see in the port. Want to know more about a particular cruise? Ask the person sitting next to you, they might have just stepped off the ship.

enhance

This is the Carrie B in Port Everglades

Anyway, even if the Edge isn't there, we will have a good time. We love riding the water taxis and seeing the sites and other cruise ships (it's on a Saturday), so this will be even better. A "drive-by" of the Edge will make it even sweeter! :D

Okay, I have found another way to feed my Edge obsession. :D

I have been trying to find a way to see the Edge when I fly into Ft Lauderdale the day prior to the cruise. I am hopeful she will be in port since it will be her first cruise on Nov 25 (of course, they could have added a pre-pre-pre-inaugural cruise). :eek:

I booked the Hilton Marina in a Tower Room, with port view, but since T25 is quite far over, I may not have a view of her in port. At first I thought that we might take a cab to the bridge to get a peek, but after reviewing all the options, I decided to go with Carrie B cruises and booked a 3 PM cruise the day before our first cruise. This is the description:

Join us for a 1.5 hour fully narrated sightseeing cruises of Fort Lauderdale’s yachts and homes of the rich and famous traveling on the New River, the Intracoastal Waterway, and Port Everglades.

Our Trips depart at 11:00am – 1:00pm – 3:00pm

This is the Port part of the tour:

Proceeding south through the 17th Street Causeway Bridge, we officially enter Port Everglades. On a busy day we will be rewarded with unparalleled views of some of the largest cruise ships in the world (pictured right). It's no secret this port is the winter home to one of the world's largest ocean liners, Cunard Line’s Queen Mary 2 as well as Royal Caribbean’s Oasis of the Seas. The Carrie B offers the best viewing of these grand ships when they are in port.

Port Everglades set the record for the most cruise ships in port on a single day, then later broke this record on three different occasions. Cruise ship aficionados appreciate our in depth coverage of this fast paced industry. We routinely host passengers from the ships you will see in the port. Want to know more about a particular cruise? Ask the person sitting next to you, they might have just stepped off the ship.

enhance

This is the Carrie B in Port Everglades

Anyway, even if the Edge isn't there, we will have a good time. We love riding the water taxis and seeing the sites and other cruise ships (it's on a Saturday), so this will be even better. A "drive-by" of the Edge will make it even sweeter! :D

You are truly Edge Obsessed...me too!

We have taken Carrie B post cruise. It was a nice tour and it went right up next to the ship we just left,....teary way to say bye bye to our former balcony. If it follows this same route you will definitely see the ship...they had a nice lite lunch too!

Hope there will be great photos to be shared!

You are truly Edge Obsessed...me too!

We have taken Carrie B post cruise. It was a nice tour and it went right up next to the ship we just left,....teary way to say bye bye to our former balcony. If it follows this same route you will definitely see the ship...they had a nice lite lunch too!

Hope there will be great photos to be shared!

Good to know that it was a good tour! :D

Severe allergy...I have posted about this quite a bit but X assures me they will get a non cashmere or a cover of some sort,...hope so.

I guess I have missed all that, and about the beds?

What exactly is the cashmere bedding? I thought Celebrity was using a fancy word for a nice mattress. Is it really cashmere...goats wool? Is it stuffed with wool or just a liner/cover?

My husband could also be allergic. He itches when wearing any type of wool sweater, including cashmere. And cashmere smells, especially when wet, in my opinion. Surely there will be good non-allergenic covers for these mattresses. :rolleyes:

I guess I have missed all that, and about the beds?

What exactly is the cashmere bedding? I thought Celebrity was using a fancy word for a nice mattress. Is it really cashmere...goats wool? Is it stuffed with wool or just a liner/cover?

My husband could also be allergic. He itches when wearing any type of wool sweater, including cashmere. And cashmere smells, especially when wet, in my opinion. Surely there will be good non-allergenic covers for these mattresses. :rolleyes:

They are advertising this for EDGE and the M and S class renovations,.

They originally tried to tell me it would not itch.,,gave me some wierd answers that people are allergic to the worms not the mattresses,, I have no idea about worms but I insisted on my request because I know for sure I cannot wear ( or be close to) anything silk, wool mohair, cashmere etc, Have had bad reactions.

Apparently I am not the only one with this issue Both of my future cruise folios are clearly marked that I DO NOT WANT CASHMERE ANYTHING NEAR ME and NO WOOL BLANKETS due to ALLERGY I heard they will also accept this request for vegans..not sure why???

Contact Special Needs as soon as you can and ask for confirmation it is added to your folio.,It took several call to Cap Club, and Special Needs Dept..hope shoreside requests get to the ship.

Sorry I do not have the phone number.,You can use the Cruise Critic Search feature to find other helpful posts,,,,good luck!

From Celeb website under staterooms:

"Another modern luxury first for us, 99% of the staterooms on Celebrity Edge have a king-sized bed, featuring the Celebrity eXhale™ bedding and the Cashmere Mattress"

Having never heard of a cashmere bed, I just finished doing research. Now I am intrigued. ;) I like that it claims to be temperature regulated and lump/bunch/sag proof. We shall see! The newer bed that DH and I have now gets too hot a a few hours.

As long as there is a mattress cover and bottom sheet on these new Celebrity beds, we should be fine.:)

As long as there is a mattress cover and bottom sheet on these new Celebrity beds, we should be fine.:)

I totally agree. I too get a rash from wool but I think with the mattress cover and the bottom sheet no worries.:) I certainly can wear a wool coat in the winter, not a sweater. Enough layers should solve the problem.;)

Edited by Oville

:D:)

I totally agree. I too get a rash from wool but I think with the mattress cover and the bottom sheet no worries.:) I certainly can wear a wool coat in the winter, not a sweater. Enough layers should solve the problem.;)

Funny, I’m sensitive to wool next to my skin. We had better bring some hydrocortisone cream because it sounds like we could end up with the Edge Rash. ;)

:D:)

Funny, I’m sensitive to wool next to my skin. We had better bring some hydrocortisone cream because it sounds like we could end up with the Edge Rash. ;)

Love it, but I’m not worried and trust me we always travel with it. I am also allergic to down and all those pillows in our suite will be removed ASAP, think asthma not rash.

hcat, your husband’s cigars would for sure put be in the ER (asthma) or on the Edge the medical facility. Let’s hope that smoking area is well protected from the rest of us.

Personally I can’t wait until 11/27 and Marilyn’s reports a few days earlier.

It’s been cool/cold here in the northeast, let cruising season began.:D

Katie