TA Pricing for Princess

kywildcatfanone

Ellieair, is this supposed to be available thru any discover card.

Do you have a link to the description to the offer?

Or is this something that is just there in the fine print?

I wonder if it might be like the AMEX offer, which worked thru any cruise payment to Princess.

Go to the Discover website, click on cash back offers, or type in Princess Cruises. It will take you to the offer. I think 10% cash back is a darn good deal. We also get the onboard credits as well.

Your TA should not charge a rate higher than what the cruise line is offering. Assuming there is no system error that shows you a lower rate than you should have received, your TA can see any past guest offers you are eligible for once your Captain's Circle number is entered.

A discount of up to 10% can be expected, but it depends how much your cruise is to begin with. The lower the rate, the lower the discount they can offer. If they have any group space, you might get additional OBC as a result of that.

I cant say more or I get in trouble. There is a difference between giving a cheaper rate that the public can't get because the TA has a group they put you into vs just booking it as a single booking and giving a discount. The cruiselines dont allow discounting. Yes, TA have the work around, but the cruiseline sees the amount and gets that amount that they would charge on their site.

Yes they do discount. I have used the same travel agent for 20 years. We have become friends - I am familiar with her pricing model for Princess, HAL and Cunard. I often do get group pricing (and I know when I do) plus she discounts 10%. She cuts her commission and gives it back to clients. She is transparent when telling me costs.

Say more because you are incorrect.

Go to the Discover website, click on cash back offers, or type in Princess Cruises. It will take you to the offer. I think 10% cash back is a darn good deal. We also get the onboard credits as well.

I get 10% off from my TA. I don't see this as an incentive to switch to Discover.

Yes they do discount. I have used the same travel agent for 20 years. We have become friends - I am familiar with her pricing model for Princess, HAL and Cunard. I often do get group pricing (and I know when I do) plus she discounts 10%. She cuts her commission and gives it back to clients. She is transparent when telling me costs.

Say more because you are incorrect.

There are reasons I can't say anything on here because it is against the rules. That is about as much as I can say. Even that 10% comes out of her commission

There are reasons I can't say anything on here because it is against the rules. That is about as much as I can say. Even that 10% comes out of her commission

I understand the 10% comes out of her commission.

The only thing that is prohibited on this board is the name of TAs. You can discuss their pricing model.

You can say more. I guess I don't want to read another reply "I know more than you do but can't say here as it is against rules" - you can say here as long as you don't use a TA name.

I don't know what credit cards you use, but right now Discover card is giving 10% cash back on Princess. Sales ends 11/30/2018. I always jump on those especially when the 3 for free promotions are going on. Something to think about. there's also a big box company that will give you cash back as well using their credit card. It's not as good as Discover card though.

please tell me this wasn't in effect a month ago................

please tell me this wasn't in effect a month ago................

As I recall from the mailer it was for any cruise booked during October and November and entirely paid for (Deposit and Final payment) via your Discover card. They also had a special "Cruise Line" phone number to call to make your reservation.

We have future cruise deposits not paid for by the Discover card so just tossed the mailer.

I understand the 10% comes out of her commission.

The only thing that is prohibited on this board is the name of TAs. You can discuss their pricing model.

You can say more. I guess I don't want to read another reply "I know more than you do but can't say here as it is against rules" - you can say here as long as you don't use a TA name.

I cant say more because of what I do. Does this explain it better for you

I cant say more because of what I do. Does this explain it better for you

Honestly - I have several friends who are Travel Agents so I don't need to know more. I understand the model fully with Princess.

Hi folks,

I'm not asking for names or anything, but experiences with your TA. We have been using the same TA now for about 8 years, and she has been wonderful to work with. It used to be though that she could discount the princess fee from the website and give some OBC, so I would normally on a 7 day inside cabin Caribbean cruise save around $100/pp in total. The last couple of cruises I have booked with her, she has given me $50/pp discount, but no OBC. I'm normally paying about $700/pp and then get $100/pp in discounts/OBC plus whatever Princess offered.

Am I still getting a good deal, or should I be looking at other TA's? Just wondering if this has changed for everyone, or not. I understand there is more room in balcony cabins, and obviously suites for them to provide higher discounts, just was curious if others were seeing the same thing, or I should be shopping around.

Thanks!

Some people have good luck with TA's I never really had....I book myself now!

Edited by Reader0108598

Hi folks,

so I would normally on a 7 day inside cabin Caribbean cruise save around $100/pp in total. The last couple of cruises I have booked with her, she has given me $50/pp discount, but no OBC. I'm normally paying about $700/pp and then get $100/pp in discounts/OBC plus whatever Princess offered.

Am I still getting a good deal, or should I be looking at other TA's?

Thanks!

For a simple 7 day Caribbean cruise in an inside cabin, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I'd stay with her, because you have a relationship with her and you never know when you'll need her help or expertise.