Laundry and YC or Voyager status

Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin

I have read on CC and see on the MSC website that there is a laundry package available. However, looking at the 40 piece option, there is a caveat: "Note: This offer cannot be combined with promotions reserved for MSC Yacht Club and MSC Voyagers Club members." I have not seen anything in my reading about Yacht Club having laundry perks nor anything regarding the Black Card status that addresses this, either. Can anyone enlighten me about laundry? I don't want to purchase if I am doubling up or something else silly. Thanks in advance!

I'd read the same for our forthcoming cruise and had the same dilemma, however, no-one seems to know anything about any special offers for YC laundry.

I've previously seen special offers for 1 or 2 items for dry cleaning for VC members but not for a volume package.

I've booked a regular laundry package.

I have read on CC and see on the MSC website that there is a laundry package available. However, looking at the 40 piece option, there is a caveat: "Note: This offer cannot be combined with promotions reserved for MSC Yacht Club and MSC Voyagers Club members." I have not seen anything in my reading about Yacht Club having laundry perks nor anything regarding the Black Card status that addresses this, either. Can anyone enlighten me about laundry? I don't want to purchase if I am doubling up or something else silly. Thanks in advance!

The above statement that mentions the Yacht Club and Voyager club promotions has been around for a while. There are no special promotions or discounts available for the laundry packages except what MSC offers in their laundry packages.

WE have done three back to back YC cruises on the Divina and have always prepurchased the 40 for $50

laundry package.

Most people do not go on a cruise to do laundry.

Black members get 30% off laundry - it doesn't apply to the packages. We always get the discount (we don't usually use the package as we just send a few of DH's shirts out for ironing).

MSC used to issue a page with a list of discounts for Voyagers Club members (it was vouchers in a booklet first, when Voyagers Club was introduced). They don't anymore, but the discounts are still applied. You need to see the Cruise Consultant onboard if you want to find out what discounts are available.

There are no discounts for YC guests (unless, of course, they're Black Card members!)

Most people do not go on a cruise to do laundry.

Yes but there are those of us that find it necessary. We will be on the Divina for 32 days this November and I am glad the OP asked this question because I was curious also. I can't image packing for 32 days if I could not have laundry done.

Yes but there are those of us that find it necessary. We will be on the Divina for 32 days this November and I am glad the OP asked this question because I was curious also. I can't image packing for 32 days if I could not have laundry done.

I'm also glad they asked, because I was going to post the same question. And we always have some laundry done each cruise. Right after our upcoming cruise on Seaside, we'll be heading to Ft. Myers to visit some friends for a few days. It will be nice to have clean clothes for the second half of our vacation.

Thanks for asking the question. Since NCL Platinum has the free laundry perk we use it towards the end since we do land time pre-cruise. I agree with other posters that it is nice to not have to pack for 14+ days.

One of our Elite perks with Celebrity was a free bag of wash and fold. Surprised MSC doesn't have something like this for Black card status. The packages they offer seem reasonable though, so it's all good.

One of our Elite perks with Celebrity was a free bag of wash and fold.

With the MSC laundry package you can choose "wash" or "dry clean" and "folded" or "on hanger". While cruising we selected "on hanger" for shirts and "folded" for post-cruise vacation. We had all clean & fresh clothes which was very convenient. The price of the 40-piece laundry package beats my local dry cleaner.

With the MSC laundry package you can choose "wash" or "dry clean" and "folded" or "on hanger". While cruising we selected "on hanger" for shirts and "folded" for post-cruise vacation. We had all clean & fresh clothes which was very convenient. The price of the 40-piece laundry package beats my local dry cleaner.

I just read about this on another MSC thread by someone on the Bliss right now who is writing a comparison. I like how you do not have to send it all at once.

Can a package be spit into multiple sessions? Is prepurchasing a package much of a deal? So what is considered an item, and do they do socks, underwear, t-shirts etc. or just fancy stuff? If they do socks and underwear are there any issue with harsh soaps and skin sensitivities? I am only going on a 10 day Divina in November but I would rather not have 10 days of dirty laundry around at the end. Figuring 2 sets per day with some reuse of short term formal wear that is at least 15 full sets of clothes.

Can a package be spit into multiple sessions? Is prepurchasing a package much of a deal?

Yes, you can send items in multiple sessions. Paper bag and order sheet are provided. We pre-purchased the laundry package on the website like every other service (Internet Package, Photo Package, Excursions, Spa Treatments, etc). They offered laundry packages with 20 / 30 / 40 items on our

7-day Western Med cruise. We purchased the 40 item package and sent 17 + 23 items on two days. Laundry will be picked up by 10:00am and will be delivered to cabin by 5:00pm the next day. You select “folded” or “on hangers”. We sent underwear, socks, T-Shirts, Polo-Shirts, Dress Pants, Dress Shirts. Everything came back in perfect condition. Pair of socks is 1 item , pyjama (top & pants) is 1 item. The only thing annoying are the laundry sticker “heat-glued” into each item, kind of difficult to remove. We have already pre-purchased a laundry package for our next cruise.