Stockholder OBC/Military OBC

Reba 954

We are both stockholders in Carnival, and my husband is retired Air Force. Can we take advantage of both OBC's or is it just one ? We have a suite booked for a 10 day cruise on Crown Princess in March of next year. This will be our first cruise with Princess. We are Elite with Celebrity, but wanted to try something different;). I am hoping we will like Princess.

Does anyone know if they offer a Moscato on board? Celebrity did not, and it was very frustrating, since that's my drink of choice. Are you allowed to bring wine on board? If so, how many bottles?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Rebecca

You can have 1 stockholder OBC per cabin.as long as you apply before the cruise.

And you can combine your DH military OBC as long as he arranged it before the cruise and was accepted.

And for future cruises with Princess you can combine OBC from a Future Cruise Deposit which you can buy on board.

I think its 1 bottle of wine without corkage charge to drink in your cabin - per person at port of embarkation.

We are both stockholders in Carnival, and my husband is retired Air Force. Can we take advantage of both OBC's or is it just one ? We have a suite booked for a 10 day cruise on Crown Princess in March of next year. This will be our first cruise with Princess. We are Elite with Celebrity, but wanted to try something different;). I am hoping we will like Princess.

Does anyone know if they offer a Moscato on board? Celebrity did not, and it was very frustrating, since that's my drink of choice. Are you allowed to bring wine on board? If so, how many bottles?

Rebecca

Yes, you can receive both the stockholder benefit $100/cabin and the military $100/qualified passenger, max. 2 per cabin. Once you register for the military benefit it is in your file and on future bookings it is applied automatically. The stockholder benefit you have to apply for each cruise.

Don't know about Moscato.

Each passenger 21 and older is allowed to carry on 1 x 750ml bottle of wine or champagne at no charge for use in the cabin. If the bottle is brought to a public area it is subject to a $15/bot. corkage fee. Additional 750ml bottles may be brought on board. These additional bottles are subject to the corkage fee when boarding and will be marked with a sticker. Stickered bottles may be used anywhere on the ship.

You are allowed one shareholder OBC per cabin even though both may own 100 shares of CCL. If however the two sharing the cabin are not a couple and each is traveling on their own funds, then both can get it so I am told.

Every military member and veteran is given a military OBC so if both occupants of the cabin are veterans, then both get the OBC.

If you made a $100 Future Cruise Deposit to be used in the next two years, you will get an OBC. If each of you buys the FCD (recommended) then each get the OBC on the next cruise.

The value of the different OBC varies by the length of the cruise. The shareholder OBC is the same amount at the veteran OBC but the FCD OBC is less.

Everyone over 21 is allowed to bring aboard one 750 ml bottle of wine or bubbly to be consumed in your cabin. Anymore and they will charge $15/bottle corking fee at the port of embarkation or on return the to ship at a port of call. The bottles that have the corking fee paid may be consumed anywhere on the ship including the MDRs.

On Princess OBC is stackable so you could get three on the cruise.

I think you will like Princess.

Rebecca

On Princess OBCs are combinable including military & shareholder.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=412579&d=1512944674

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

I’ve been able to apply to receive shareholder credit over a year in advance so it’s in my account if I want to pay to book a tour in advance. Once approved for military credit it automatically appears in our account.

Each adult can bring one 750ml bottle of wine to drink in the cabin without any fee. If brought to a dining room there’s a $15 corkage fee assessed & they’ll store remaining wine for another day. You can bring as many other bottles as desired which are subject to the $15/bottle fee to drink anywhere onboard. Wine from ports is subject to the $15/bottle fee but I’ve never been charged for bringing a bottle or two. I bring it to a dining room where it’s charged $15 so I pay either sooner or later.

Princess also allows unlimited amounts of soda & water to be brought onboard.

I know from personal experience that each of 2 passengers can get the Loyalty OBC (available after 21 cruises or so and going up the more you cruise)

As long as they are regarded as unrelated by name/address etc.

However I never heard that unrelated passengers could each get the Stockholder OBC - and I have been in that position.quite often.

Any idea where it can found in print?

Rebecca

For the military OBC you have to send a copy of your DD214 to Princess once. After that it is automatic. Complete information is here https://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/

Tom

Yes on both stockholder and veteran obc.

Yes on Moscato. It seems to vary by ship. We never know brand until we are onboard.

Actually even though you are both stockholders... you can only get one stockholder OBC... not one for each of you. As stated... it is combinable with the military OBC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everything written above by various posters is correct. Not being a moscato drinker, I dunno what they have, but we are wine and port lovers and have brought many bottles on board, paid the corkage fee and sat back to enjoy them all. So, pack up all of the muscat/muscato you'd like, pay the corkage fee and enjoy. steve USAF '78-'80

One of the great things about Princess is the onboard credit can be stacked. So, yes, once you are registered, your husband will automatically receive the military credit on every booking. On top of that, you will need to provide the stock ownership info request and proof for each booking. And, you can also get the future cruise deposit credit, if you use them to book in the future, on top of the other credits, and in addition to whatever onboard credit might be offered in connection with your booking.

Moscato - probably. They are in the process of changing over the wine list now.

One 750 ml bottle of wine or bubbly per adult per cruise can be brought onboard at embarkation without a $15 per bottle corkage fee. Anything in excess of the one bottle per adult will be subject to the $15 per bottle corkage charge.

For those who are eligible for the veteran's OBC, remember if you book a cruise through a travel agent that you need to make sure that the agent needs to insure that he/she registers the Captain's Circle number into that cruise as that is what the veteran's OBC is linked to. If it's not linked to the cruise, the person may not be able to get that OBC!

Tom

We are both stockholders in Carnival, and my husband is retired Air Force. Can we take advantage of both OBC's or is it just one ?

"Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom.", so 1x Shareholder OBC + 1x Military OBC.

Princess runs individual onboard folios (one for me and one for her). To keep the OBC

amounts balanced between the folios, she claims the SOBC and I claim the MOBC.

BTW, the MOBC is "refundable", the SOBC is not.

I know from personal experience that each of 2 passengers can get the Loyalty OBC (available after 21 cruises or so and going up the more you cruise)

As long as they are regarded as unrelated by name/address etc.

However I never heard that unrelated passengers could each get the Stockholder OBC - and I have been in that position.quite often.

Any idea where it can found in print?

Does it show in the personalizer? I've had a 'weird' unexpected credit show up & that might be it

Does it show in the personalizer? I've had a 'weird' unexpected credit show up & that might be it

SATXDIVER in post #5 on this thread posted that if two people shared a cabin and were unrelated then both could claim Stockholder OBC.

I was asking where he got this from, if it is in print somewhere, as I have never heard about this variation on the "one Stockholder OBC per cabin" rule before.

SATXDIVER where did you get this from? Or is it scuttlebutt?

SATXDIVER in post #5 on this thread posted that if two people shared a cabin and were unrelated then both could claim Stockholder OBC.

I was asking where he got this from, if it is in print somewhere, as I have never heard about this variation on the "one Stockholder OBC per cabin" rule before.

SATXDIVER where did you get this from? Or is it scuttlebutt?

The "Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom." is a direct quote from Carnival, Corp.

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Now, what Princess may do in error or "error" is a different kettle of fish.

The "Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom." is a direct quote from Carnival, Corp.

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Now, what Princess may do in error or "error" is a different kettle of fish.

I do not believe SATXDIVER is correct.

But I would be happy for him to prove that he is, would get me lots of OBC.

"Only one onboard credit per shareholder-occupied stateroom.", so 1x Shareholder OBC + 1x Military OBC.

Princess runs individual onboard folios (one for me and one for her). To keep the OBC

amounts balanced between the folios, she claims the SOBC and I claim the MOBC.

BTW, the MOBC is "refundable", the SOBC is not.

To expand a bit on what you said. the Military/Veteran OBC is not limited to 1x per cabin (and yes, I realize that this does not apply in the case of the person who posted the question originally.) There has been a minor change in this lately however. Originally the VOBC was limited to being either the first or second person in the room, but the wording has recently been changed 1 being any 2 of the 4 people in a given room.

Tom

To expand a bit on what you said. the Military/Veteran OBC is not limited to 1x per cabin (and yes, I realize that this does not apply in the case of the person who posted the question originally.) There has been a minor change in this lately however. Originally the VOBC was limited to being either the first or second person in the room, but the wording has recently been changed 1 being any 2 of the 4 people in a given room.

Tom

Close, but no cigar.

"This offer is valid for a maximum of two military personnel per booking", so if you book two cabins...

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

Also of interest, it appears to apply to only USA, CAN, and GBR military:

"United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves, Canadian

National Defense and the British Army, Royal Marines, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves"

Close, but no cigar.

"This offer is valid for a maximum of two military personnel per booking", so if you book two cabins...

Also of interest, it appears to apply to only USA, CAN, and GBR military:

"United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard or Reserves, Canadian

National Defense and the British Army, Royal Marines, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force or Reserves"

Its a dreadful shame that other British Commonwealth personnel are not included in this scheme, don't you think they really should be.?

Some cruise lines limit it just to US I believe.

I want to thank everyone for your replies....it has helped out greatly! I love Cruise Critic!!!! I would never have known about the OBC for shareholders or the military OBC without CC.....awesome people, helping other people!

And kudos to PRINCESS for offering the Military OBC ! Too bad other cruise lines aren't as supportive of our military;). Just makes me want to sail them all the more.....regardless of whether we were military or not.

I am so looking forward to this cruise. We had gotten in a rut with Celebrity...same ships, same itineraries year after year. I am leaving Edge out because we refuse to pay the ridiculous rates they want for a terrible itinerary . Also, we usually do a suite and they have "segregated" the suite occupants so much on that ship, that it wont feel right to us. I don't feel like if I have a suite, I should have a separate pool area ect….The separate dining was fine every now and then, and Michaels Club is nice...who needs more than that? We regularly sail with other friends who may or may not have a suite. I didn't want to feel like we couldn't socialize with them...lol.

Okay sorry for the rant...:rolleyes:. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Its a dreadful shame that other British Commonwealth personnel are not included in this scheme, don't you think they really should be.?

Some cruise lines limit it just to US I believe.

I believe that you will find that there are only 2 lines that provide the Veterans OBC, Princess and Cunard. I did a pretty thorough check of a large number of lines a couple of years ago and those two were the only ones I found. Some, Holland-America for one, do offer reduced rates on some cruises for active duty military I remember, but that's the only one I can remember that offer anything at all. I believe P&O-Australia does provide benefits to Australian vets and Princess does also to the best of my knowledge.

Along this same line, I'm attaching a listing of all the cruise lines that provide any sort of benefits to military cruisers.

Tom

Military benefits on various cruise lines.txt

Edited by Pierlesscruisers