Hard Beds On Allure

I hope cruisers continue to tell Royal to replace their stone mattresses, and posting here is a legitimate way to do it. Floating hotels should not cheap out on the mattresses. When your customers are bringing on mattress pads, you have a problem. Royal, please fix this.

Royal, please do something about your rock hard mattress's. Cabin steward said no more egg crate pads.

This is concerning me as I suffer a really bad back to the point that sleeping on a firm mattress leaves me almost unable to walk and the reason I sleep on waterbed at home. :(

Royal, please do something about your rock hard mattress's. Cabin steward said no more egg crate pads.

I was told by Crown and Anchor that those are hard to clean and unsanitary., I can accept that. I was told double mattress pads are now the norm, or at least that is what I got after writing the special needs group. That did make the bed just tolerable and in the realm of normal.

Place your bets, what post number will be the first "I like a firm mattress post"? Since around 2016 when they started replacing the existing ones, the new ones have seemed like sleeping on the floor.

Place your bets, what post number will be the first "I like a firm mattress post"? Since around 2016 when they started replacing the existing ones, the new ones have seemed like sleeping on the floor.

You apparently don't read before posting, because I already made that post on post two. [emoji12]

Dan.

I hope cruisers continue to tell Royal to replace their stone mattresses, and posting here is a legitimate way to do it. Floating hotels should not cheap out on the mattresses. When your customers are bringing on mattress pads, you have a problem. Royal, please fix this.

I hope it comes up for discussion on the President's cruise.

I was on the 9/16/18 sailing of the Allure and thought the mattress was great, just like the one I have at home.

Purely from observation, not all of the mattresses are rotated out at the same time.

This is concerning me as I suffer a really bad back to the point that sleeping on a firm mattress leaves me almost unable to walk and the reason I sleep on waterbed at home. :(

I've had spinal fusion surgery and substantial arthritis. I woke up on Majesty with severe pain in my arm and it took 20 minutes of manually moving my arm to get it to work again. That is when I started writing to the Special Needs address a month before each cruise.

Well, I don’t sleep on a mountain next to a still:rolleyes: and I don’t like a firm mattress but I though our mattress on Allure was great! It seemed to have a fairly thick pad on it and was very comfy. Husband thought so too.

Sherri:)

Apparently! I guess your use to sleeping on the mountain next to the still. ;p
Might be the product from the still that helps me sleep. LOL. [emoji23]

And to the other poster, no offense was taken. All in good humor.

Dan.

I've had spinal fusion surgery and substantial arthritis. I woke up on Majesty with severe pain in my arm and it took 20 minutes of manually moving my arm to get it to work again. That is when I started writing to the Special Needs address a month before each cruise.

I guess this is what we will have to do next time, did not have this issue on the Allure one and a half years ago. We had no problems sleeping at Hyatt Place for the 3 days after our cruise. Or the Crown Plaza in Chicago night before we left. We did not get a survey this cruise from Royal:confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

Royal, please do something about your rock hard mattress's.

This is one of those totally subjective things. There is no one mattress type that is going to make everyone happy. But cruise ships, like hotels, are no dummies. They are playing the odds. There are types that are likely to be tolerated by the largest percentage of people. I have no doubt that is what they utilize.

I've never had a problem with a mattress on any cruise, and I know very few people personally who have. However, this is a community of THOUSANDS, so there will be some. But their voice is likely not representative.

So which cabin are you talking about. There are only around 2,800 cabins. Have you slept in all of them? Bedding is changed out all the time for various reasons

Thanks for the advice, I’ve a son in a chair so are already dealing with Special Needs regarding his needs so I’ll add my own requirements to the list.

The wife was on a P&O cruise earlier this year and she commented on how comfy the mattress was so no doubt there are ships out there with great mattresses.

So which cabin are you talking about. There are only around 2,800 cabins. Have you slept in all of them? Bedding is changed out all the time for various reasons

No need to be SNARKY!!!! I have been cruising for 37 years and have never had a bed that felt like plywood. When you turn 60 years old and have arthritis report back!!!!

• Like 1

The mattresses were our biggest complaint on the Anthem, Freedom, and the Liberty. We did mention this on all surveys. It’s like laying on a brick wall. We have had to bring a mattress topper to cope with it. We did ask for mattress toppers. On the Freedom, we had 3 paper thin quilts on our bed that were completely useless. Thank goodness we brought a topper! : /

Really uncalled for!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

That wasn't sent you. I guess you have a condition called "addicted to outrage" looking for something to get upset about. If my joke to someone else who isn't you, offended you, maybe the internet is not for you.