Craft beers

lexyplexy

What are the craft beers on board the CB?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

The Princess version of craft beer: Bud Light.

Good luck on finding any kind of craft beer. They certainly didn't have any on CB last March. We have never seen any craft beer on a Princess ship. For a while they had their Sea Witch offerings but they weren't very good and definitely not what we expect from any craft beer.

One can only hope they actually get some decent beers. It's sad when there is no "real" beer available. Best of luck on you cruise. I hope the new beers arrive in time for you and that they are decent.

I don't know how they approach this craft beer thing. Even in this Country we have hundreds of craft beers so I'm not sure how they pick a few that will meet general approval. Last week I went to a bar that would have had 20 craft beers on tap and I tried about 8 and didn't really like any (it was fun trying though). I'm sure that there are some out there I'd like but I haven't really found one I prefer over Peroni, Stella or whatever beer I'm drinking at the time. I don't see how they can win so I would just prefer a much bigger increase in the range of international beers, particularly on tap.

I agree though, Bud is horrible stuff.

I don't know how they approach this craft beer thing. Even in this Country we have hundreds of craft beers so I'm not sure how they pick a few that will meet general approval. Last week I went to a bar that would have had 20 craft beers on tap and I tried about 8 and didn't really like any (it was fun trying though). I'm sure that there are some out there I'd like but I haven't really found one I prefer over Peroni, Stella or whatever beer I'm drinking at the time. I don't see how they can win so I would just prefer a much bigger increase in the range of international beers, particularly on tap.

I think you described the situation well & they need to carry beer that will sell well to the majority of passengers.

Princess tried their version of craft beers which as I recall were produced by a Northern California brewery. Some liked them & others hated them...can’t please everyone.

Taste is so subjective but some will proclaim their taste as being definitive.

Princess decides what will sell best & not based on what some think are the best craft brews. Another issue is being able to provide sufficient inventory to a cruise line.

I primarily drink Peroni & Munich lagers at home and last year during Oktoberfest on the Royal they had Paulaner & a half litre souvenir mug. :beer-mug:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Peroni & Stella are lagers, Real Ale/Craft Beer are different. Also, Stella is the Belgian Budweiser...

Peroni & Stella are lagers, Real Ale/Craft Beer are different. Also, Stella is the Belgian Budweiser...

I know they are lagers but many of them taste different. I have found craft beers have a massive range of flavours so I don't really care whether they are pale ales, bitter, lager, etc, I just want one that tastes ok and I doubt they can please most. That's why I'd prefer they increased the international beers substantially.

(by the way I notice the Saints logo as your avatar, good to have another League man around)

Thank you. We heard they are rolling out a craft beer selection starting in October and by December across the line. Was wondering what ship they were starting with.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Apparently started on Golden. There's two current threads with the "updates wine list" listing and the listing of the "new beers". To be honest, if what's posted on them is truly all the "new beer offerings", most will be sorely disappointed. Definitely doesn't live up to the hype..

Apparently started on Golden. There's two current threads with the "updates wine list" listing and the listing of the "new beers". To be honest, if what's posted on them is truly all the "new beer offerings", most will be sorely disappointed. Definitely doesn't live up to the hype..

Looks like the same old beer list to me.

Time to sign a contract with Sam Adams. They are large enough to produce plenty of variety, quantity and distribution for Princess. They have choices that most beer drinkers will consume, while not the best of all beers, they could provide a decent upgrade to the current selections.

There will always be complainers with whatever beers are available, but I think Sammy could satisfy a good portion of passengers.

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.

If a person can find Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in almost any supermarket and convenience store in the U.S., I'm pretty sure that a cruiseline could contract with the mass distributors and get it on board.

Is it lazyness or indifference on the part of those in Santa Clarita?

Count me in as one that would order more beer onboard if Bass Ale wasn't the only choice that I could be content with.

If a person can find Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in almost any supermarket and convencience store in the U.S., I'm pretty sure that a cruiseline could contract with the mass distributors and get it on board.

Count me in as one that would order more beer onboard if Bass Ale wasn't the only choice that I could be content with.

We can even get Sierra Nevada in UK supermarkets...As for Bass Ale, can't even remember the last time I saw it in the UK.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Time to sign a contract with Sam Adams. They are large enough to produce plenty of variety, quantity and distribution for Princess. They have choices that most beer drinkers will consume, while not the best of all beers, they could provide a decent upgrade to the current selections.

There will always be complainers with whatever beers are available, but I think Sammy could satisfy a good portion of passengers.

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.

I did my best to drink Regent Seven Seas Voyager dry of Sam Adams Boston lager on our recent sailing. Nice drop of beer for a shipboard beer. Maybe RCI have the exclusive contract?

I did my best to drink Regent Seven Seas Voyager dry of Sam Adams Boston lager on our recent sailing. Nice drop of beer for a shipboard beer. Maybe RCI have the exclusive contract?

FWIW - Regent Seven Seas is a subsidiary of NCL, not RCI...

If a person can find Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in almost any supermarket and convenience store in the U.S., I'm pretty sure that a cruiseline could contract with the mass distributors and get it on board.

We live in Chico, CA - the original home of Sierra Nevada Brewing Company. We find the Pale Ale to be one of their less impressive brews. It was just their first success and so that's the one everybody knows. They actually make two versions of it. One for bottles and one for kegs. The keg version is the better of the two. Their best beers are often specialty or seasonal brews that never make it out of the brew pub. :cool:

I would be happy with just a regular old Lagunitas IPA. Not a craft beer at all but a decent IPA that isn't completely over-hopped. An IPA is, by definition, a hoppy beer but some go way overboard on the hops.

We live in Chico, CA - the original home of Sierra Nevada Brewing Company. We find the Pale Ale to be one of their less impressive brews. It was just their first success and so that's the one everybody knows. They actually make two versions of it. One for bottles and one for kegs. The keg version is the better of the two. Their best beers are often specialty or seasonal brews that never make it out of the brew pub. :cool:

I would be happy with just a regular old Lagunitas IPA. Not a craft beer at all but a decent IPA that isn't completely over-hopped. An IPA is, by definition, a hoppy beer but some go way overboard on the hops.

I live in Oregon. The original home of craft beers. Washington and NorCal can KMA:p.

As for Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Sure it's a mainstream 'craft' beer, however, would you rather sail on a Princess ship that had it as one of their offerings or not?

The Princess version of craft beer: Bud Light.

Bud Light and the other "light" beers are worse than just drinking water.

It would be nice to have a decent IPA. It doesn't have to be some minimally distributed beer but just have some hops in it. Having it on tap would be a big plus or allowing us to bring on our own brews like they do for wine.

Princess are you reading this?