NCL Duty Free Shop Alcohol - if I buy onboard can I drink it onboard?

bbnjcruiser

The only time they will permit you to take the bottle with you is if you purchase it on the last day. Last day purchases are carried away by you and not delivered to your stateroom.

So, you could have a couple nice drinks from your special bottle on the last day of the cruise if you wanted to.

If I buy a special bottle of liquor from the shop onboard - will I be permitted to drink it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You mentioned in another thread about Haven? Do you have a room booked already or just looking? Some Haven rooms and suites you get 3 (OS and DOS except POA) or 6 (GV) free with the room from a recently improved list.

If I buy a special bottle of liquor from the shop onboard - will I be permitted to drink it?

Of course, after you get home. They do not allow you to take it to your cabin unless it is the last night of the cruise, so not much luck drinking it on the ship.

Only if you are on a B2B, buy it the first week, pick it up that last evening and then keep it with you for the 2nd cruise....

And, if you buy a bottle in a port they will take it and save that for you as well until the last night though they seem to leave my “minis” alone.

I brought onboard at Kirkwall 2 weeks ago a bottle of scotch from our Highland Park distillery tour and they didn’t take it away like I expected. It was a gift so I had no intention of drinking it. I have never had any of my 1-2 Diet Cokes that I bring back from port taken away either. Bear in mind that I have been cruising Europe mainly the last few years. I don’t know if it’s more lax in Europe or because DW puts so much stuff in my backpack that it’s hard to detect when coming back onboard.