There's Good News and there's bad news

DYKWIA

6 hours ago, broberts said:

At the far right of the tool bar is a page with a magnifying glass in the bottom right corner. That is the preview button. It may take a few seconds for the preview to appear. If you are using a desktop, you will see three buttons at the top left to preview for Desktop, Tablet, and Phone. The buttons are not present when working on a mobile.

Found it!:classic_smile:  Thanks.

I’m out on my own obviously as I like the change.  

Compared to another travel forum I regularly use, I found the old cruise critic a bit archaic.  It’s nice to see this newer version catching up with the times (easier to attach photos, easy to see who has quoted you, like/thanks button etc.).  

I have had it glitch on me a few times (nothing too major), but once the kinks are ironed out and people are more familiar with the new interface, I suspect that the general consensus will be that the new version is better. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oskarNZ said:

Compared to another travel forum I regularly use, I found the old cruise critic a bit archaic.  It’s nice to see this newer version catching up with the times (easier to attach photos, easy to see who has quoted you, like/thanks button etc.).  

There seems to be a limit to posting photos and not per thread as in the past.

Yesterday ( via attachments)I was informed I had used 3.42MB out of 488.28 MB allocated., which is 1%.

REALLY?

So I will have to aware, as I often attach photos, as they are worth a 1,000 words.

You have used 3.42 MB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit.

Edited by upwarduk
To find accurate information.

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Yesterday ( via attachments)I was informed I had used 3.42MB out of 488.28 MB allocated., which is 1%.

REALLY?

So I will have to aware, as I often attach photos, as they are worth a 1,000 words.

I found that pictures I posted years ago count in that total!

8 minutes ago, skt4cruise said:

I CANNOT READ ANY POSTS AS THE TYPED WORDS ARE TOO PALE!

I know this sounds nuts but it is not my Mac, all other sites are fine, not pale.

Maybe if you all pressed harder on your keypad?lol

Can you post a screen grab?

6 hours ago, skt4cruise said:

I think the screen is too bright on this site, thats the problem having a hard time reading it, well for me anyway but I am 80.

You might try increasing your browser zoom. Below is a capture of this reply with the zoom set to 250%.

sgrab1.thumb.png.c3e0286f716be24eb1e7c67d93914684.png

19 hours ago, upwarduk said:

REALLY?

Yes, I agree that this isn’t ideal.  

I still have have a few thousand pics to go before I need to worry, but for those who post pics frequently, this could definitely be a downside to the new interface.  It would be a shame to see the posters who regularly write Trip Reports (often with 100 or so photos per report) holding back as their reports are so valuable.