There's Good News and there's bad news

DYKWIA

1 hour ago, 39august said:

I posted a question about an hour ago and I can't find it now to see if I have any answers. Any suggetions?

Up at the top, there are three tabs.  Click on the one that says "Activity" and then there's a pull down menu.  I think it'll be under something like "xxx you started".  Or somewhere about there.

9 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

Up at the top, there are three tabs.  Click on the one that says "Activity" and then there's a pull down menu.  I think it'll be under something like "xxx you started".  Or somewhere about there.

There are some "new" settings - see snip below - If you click on "My Activity Streams", you can choose Unread Content, Content I Started, Content I Follow, Content I Posted In. 

image.thumb.png.ff7879ced2d6f7b1b8dbe73850d799a4.png

Yes a person needs to adapt to the new site. But the site has to be working correctly for anyone to try to fiqure out how to use it. Im not sure what to expect with this massive change in a website. I have many issues with it but will just wait till things get corrected.

My issues are what many of you have shared. My DW will be happy with me spending less time on cruise critic. I wont be happy though.. i guess just wait till things are more usable..

Yup... I am just getting through  Cruise Critic til our Jan EDGE  cruise...at least our roll call is back ! And we have 74 signed up and confirmed  for the Connections Party..

Posting is a chore...and posts repeat prior posts incessantly..TMI...not much fun like it used to be...

But Carnival Silhouette is a gem! Sorry to find humor in your pain and frustration.

2 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Cannnot find any order to the threads or the responses.   Dates are so mixed up, it doesn't seem to have any order. Cruisecritic is not working.

Yep, it's totally destroyed.  Why on earth did they think it needed to be improved?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Cannnot find any order to the threads or the responses.   Dates are so mixed up, it doesn't seem to have any order. Cruisecritic is not working.

It's working. Use the SORT BY drop down. You have 6 choices and a custom option to sort however you would like.

Edited by paulh84

Seems to be  functionally over-complicated....many of us are lost half the time,

Despite instructions and patient offers of help, most of us want to post and chat.....not scroll here and there, or go through drop down menu options..TMI...

Because a computer program can do alot of stuff, it may not be needed by  casual recreational  users.   We are not launching rockets or  gathering data for a PhD

I miss many of the old features, including color choices, font and letter size choices. Guess we will muddle through for quite awhile...or ????? 

• Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 4:17 PM, DYKWIA said:

The good news is the IT team have  left Celebrity, the bad news is they've joined Cruise Critic 

This feels like I'm cooking in someone else's kitchen

On 10/17/2018 at 1:24 AM, WestLakeGirl said:

So sad today, not only is it somebody else’s kitchen but the food in it can’t be eaten, the appliances don’t work and there are no instructions for using them

I literally laughed out loud!!!

I HATE this new format.

No search. And now, instead of just seeing the newest post in threads I follow, I see every single post.

On 10/17/2018 at 9:02 PM, leekel619 said:

At least I can LIKE your comment...

The LIKES on this forum software are practically worthless. On other forum software who made a lick is listed on the bottom of a post. Here you have to click on a box. I don't bother. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 10/17/2018 at 10:16 PM, hcat said:

Seems to be  functionally over-complicated....many of us are lost half the time,

It is over complicated for this kind of community. A few will make use of some of the powerful new features but most don't need them or won't want to bother with them. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chamima said:

I literally laughed out loud!!!

I HATE this new format.

No search. And now, instead of just seeing the newest post in threads I follow, I see every single post.

I don't like seeing every single post either. But you don't have to if you set up the filters to show only content you follow and set up your own activity stream. And you can almost do the same thing for boards as the old user subscribed option by manage followed content then > Cruise Critic Community. Unfortunately it takes more clicks than it took on the old boards and there is no forum jump. 

What a disaster.  I’m trying to search for something specific.  Used the same types of terms that worked in the past. Tried the “and” approach they recommend. I get posts about other cruise lines even though I’m searching in the Celebrity forum. 98% of the results are totally irrelevant and the other 2% notmhelpful. 

Can’t find what I’m looking for and not willing to “relearn” something that used to be intuitive. I’m leaving now and not coming back for a long while - until I figure this mess has been fixed.  

So long.  

2 hours ago, ggo85 said:

What a disaster.  I’m trying to search for something specific.  Used the same types of terms that worked in the past. Tried the “and” approach they recommend. I get posts about other cruise lines even though I’m searching in the Celebrity forum. 98% of the results are totally irrelevant and the other 2% notmhelpful. 

Can’t find what I’m looking for and not willing to “relearn” something that used to be intuitive. I’m leaving now and not coming back for a long while - until I figure this mess has been fixed.  

So long.  

I'm very frustrated too. Since the new site launch I can't copy/paste from our Roll Call list from Word, which I used in addition to our Roll Call spreadsheet. When I do, it appears as a clickable link instead of a readable list without any action by the user. When I post pictures, they too appear as a link instead of having the graphic image appear. I'm doing it the same way, but to get it to appear I have to jump through hoops. I emailed our Roll Call list to someone at Cruise Critic help desk who has taken the problem to Cruise Critic IT after she also couldn't do it. I don't really want to make something that was fun and easy complicated enough to take this much time and effort. :classic_ohmy:

On 10/17/2018 at 12:34 PM, caroak said:

Has anyone else noticed there is no option to preview a reply?

At the far right of the tool bar is a page with a magnifying glass in the bottom right corner. That is the preview button. It may take a few seconds for the preview to appear. If you are using a desktop, you will see three buttons at the top left to preview for Desktop, Tablet, and Phone. The buttons are not present when working on a mobile.