Tapatalk Forum

@PCWalton1

Lets see if we can figure this out.

Have you updated the app recently?

I would also suggest trying to clear the app cache before trying to log in again to see if that works

If you open tapatalk, tap on the person icon,  tap settings, clear cache

Let us know if this helps

Tapatalk recently rolled out some fixes so that our members will not have the major log in issues we have been having, they are supposed to be rolled out with the next update - but we know that app updates aren't always on the same day for everyone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

@PCWalton1

Lets see if we can figure this out.

Have you updated the app recently?

I would also suggest trying to clear the app cache before trying to log in again to see if that works

If you open tapatalk, tap on the person icon,  tap settings, clear cache

Let us know if this helps

Tapatalk recently rolled out some fixes so that our members will not have the major log in issues we have been having, they are supposed to be rolled out with the next update - but we know that app updates aren't always on the same day for everyone.  

I don't see "clear Cache" Sorry

If it makes any difference I am using version 8.6.0 (4001584)

ScreenCapture1.jpg

ScreenCapture2.jpg

Edited by PCWalton1

Clearing cache is a system function, not something you do from Tapatalk. Looks like you're on Android? Go to system settings and apps, then drill down to Tapatalk. You can clear cache from there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, PCWalton1 said:

ScreenCapture1.jpg

ScreenCapture2.jpg

Oh sorry!  I guess that may be a difference between Android and the iPhone - I can clear cache from within the app.  

14 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Clearing cache is a system function, not something you do from Tapatalk. Looks like you're on Android? Go to system settings and apps, then drill down to Tapatalk. You can clear cache from there.

Thanks, tried Clear Cache, logged back in but still got the same error. even tried Clear Data but same thing.

image.png.6063c966be769270e9c1e5f3b19bb1f5.png

44 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

I don't think you have the newest update - I actually don't either to be honest - still waiting on it to be released.  That should fix log in issues

Frustrating thing it worked fine during our September Ovation cruise as I did a live report the whole time. Guess I may just have to be patient and wait for the update. 

Thanks Jenn 

Just downloaded newest version and up and running on both devices on the first try, for the first time in a long while![emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Hmmm. I've been problem free for a long time, but this post gives me hope. I may have to consider upgrading.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, *Luv2Cruz* said:

Just downloaded newest version and up and running on both devices on the first try, for the first time in a long while!emoji41.pngemoji106.png

I am using Tapatalk Pro so I deleted it from my phone, reinstalled and still no luck. It doesn't recognize my CC account even after I log into First Tapatalk Pro then CC.

So I uninstalled again and reloaded but this time just the regular Tapatalk, not the Pro. Logged into Tapatalk then CC, works like a champ. Go figure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PCWalton1 said:

I am using Tapatalk Pro so I deleted it from my phone, reinstalled and still no luck. It doesn't recognize my CC account even after I log into First Tapatalk Pro then CC.

So I uninstalled again and reloaded but this time just the regular Tapatalk, not the Pro. Logged into Tapatalk then CC, works like a champ. Go figure. 

Tapatalk Pro is not updated that much.  They keep it around for people who prefer the old interface. Even though it is titled Pro it is a stripped down version. Regular Tapatalk is the version that receives the most support and regular updates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

Tapatalk Pro is not updated that much.  They keep it around for people who prefer the old interface. Even though it is titled Pro it is a stripped down version. Regular Tapatalk is the version that receives the most support and regular updates. 

Do I need to keep my VIP membership with the regular version?

That information is not accurate. I've been using it for years. It's routinely updates. Yes, it is usually slightly behind, but has the same interface.

Tapatalk v8.6.7 updated 12/17/19 (Android)
Tapatalk Pro v8.6.0 updated 11/06/19 (Android)

That information is not accurate. I've been using it for years. It's routinely updates. Yes, it is usually slightly behind, but has the same interface.

Tapatalk v8.6.7 updated 12/17/19 (Android)
Tapatalk Pro v8.6.0 updated 11/06/19 (Android)

Whatever, all i know is Pro won't work for me but regular does so I am sticking with that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't looked into this for a while but am about to leave on a cruise. Is Tapatalk the de-facto app for accessing Cruise Critic? It seems like the updated CC app (which I thought was promised after the new website rollout fiasco) never materialized. 

Edited by MisterBill99

10 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

I haven't looked into this for a while but am about to leave on a cruise. Is Tapatalk the de-facto app for accessing Cruise Critic? It seems like the updated CC app (which I thought was promised after the new website rollout fiasco) never materialized. 

We are also bringing back our branded CC app - we are in final testing stages.  I will post when I know more info.  Hopefully soon

Happy New Year

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

You can use a browser too. 

New version loaded and up and running on both my devices![emoji41] 

Newer version 8.7.2 released yesterday includes expanded display of posts in the NCL forum![emoji106] 

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Newer version released yesterday includes expanded display of posts in the NCL forum![emoji106] 
Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I don't think that was the result of the app update. My Tapatalk Pro hasn't updated yet, and I was also pleasantly surprised to find I could pull more than the 10 most recent posts from all forums. I think CC must've gotten something straightened out on their end.

• Like 2

I don't think that was the result of the app update. My Tapatalk Pro hasn't updated yet, and I was also pleasantly surprised to find I could pull more than the 10 most recent posts from all forums. I think CC must've gotten something straightened out on their end.

YAAAAAAAY!
You're right, it must have been on CC's side, as I'm now getting MANY more than 10 posts (Viking forum), and I haven't updated in months.
(I'm using 8.4.4)

Thank you Jenn (or whomever fixed it)!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1