Serenity Retreat

CruiseFamilyx1215

7 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

They aren't 21.  It says 21 and over.  Plenty of places not on Serenity that aren't age restricted.  Also there aren't any pools on Serenity decks.  

Your last sentence isn’t correct.  Spirit class ships and Sunshine have a pool in their Serenity areas.  

The age limit for Serenity is like the speed limit.  You can ignore it but you should be willing to pay any consequences if caught.  

And it's not just the crew who might confront you, it could very well be other, possibly inebriated,  guests looking for the spot you're occupying if Serenity is crowded.

Even worse, you might get pointed out by another rule ignorer who is being asked to leave with their underaged minors.: "Why are you throwing us out and letting them stay?"

IMO, everyone's cruise experience is enhanced when the vast majority of guests abide by the guidelines.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

If Serenity is crowded and people are looking for a place to sit they may ask the staff to verify the ages of anyone they suspect is under 21, so just be prepared that it might happen.

if the Serenity is crowded? The only time it's not is port days, which we love

12 hours ago, coevan said:

if the Serenity is crowded? The only time it's not is port days, which we love

It ebbs and flows during the day. The only reason the 21 and older rule even makes sense is from a crowd control perspective. It would definitely be more crowded if 18 year olds were allowed.

On my last 3 cruises, I never even went to the Serenity area, however, I had no problem finding quiet outdoor areas on any of the ships to relax and enjoy some “me” time. I don’t find the outdoor decks of any of the ships I’ve been on to be unrelaxing. I’m on vacation and just being on a ship in the middle of the ocean is so relaxing to me....but that’s just me and my opinion 😎

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

It ebbs and flows during the day. The only reason the 21 and older rule even makes sense is from a crowd control perspective. It would definitely be more crowded if 18 year olds were allowed.

For me port days are indeed the best time to relax in Serenity, esp. if the port is something like a manufactured cruise line shopping corral.

However, if we go to Serenity around 3 or 4 pm we find that the crowds have usually gone to get ready for early dining.

I'm sure you'll likely be fine.  Obviously your kids will understand the behavior that is expected of them and act accordingly.  And you'll all treat it as a 'perk' and not unnecessarily 'hog' if the area gets super crowded.  A clam is perfect for that if you can get one.  Enjoy.

I don't care how crowded it gets, if you

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:45 PM, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Let me tell you our big plans.  Sleep in a clamshell, read in a clamshell, listen to music (with headphones) in a clamshell.  That's it!  :classic_biggrin: and if the girls are with me - they will be on their best adult-like behavior.  That is IF we decided to break the rules :classic_wink:

If you guys are sharing a "clamshell" why would anyone care how crowded it is? Go have fun and don't listen to the grumps!

1 hour ago, The7Harrisons said:

I don't care how crowded it gets, if you

If you guys are sharing a "clamshell" why would anyone care how crowded it is? Go have fun and don't listen to the grumps!

Because if the two kids leave, then Mom would leave and a clamshell would open up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

Original Post or Poster, and Personal vacation Planner (they work for Carnival). John Heald posted on FB that "Jason" suggested that Carnival start charging a $10 a day fee to use the Serenity area and used you as an example of why it needs to happen. Jason = Jerk. 

I also saw this post this morning and laughed my butt off. I wonder if John patrols these boards looking for material to get Facebook followers riled up? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rudyard said:

Original Post or Poster, and Personal vacation Planner (they work for Carnival). John Heald posted on FB that "Jason" suggested that Carnival start charging a $10 a day fee to use the Serenity area and used you as an example of why it needs to happen. Jason = Jerk. 

Why is he a Jerk? He told the right people about somebody who may be wanting to break the rules that Carnival has in place? If more people did this, then just maybe , it wouldn't be a ME world.

1 minute ago, mrsfoose said:

I also saw this post this morning and laughed my butt off. I wonder if John patrols these boards looking for material to get Facebook followers riled up? 

Oh you bet He or his people cruise this board

On 10/19/2018 at 2:15 PM, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Hi everyone! We are almost all signed up for our 2nd cruise but I have a question about the adults-only area on the Carnival lines... It says 21 and over - do they card people as they come and go?  My daughters (20 and 19) and I are cruising together next June and I was hoping the three of us could spend some time laying in the sun and dipping in the pool in the Serenity Retreat.  They aren't kids but they aren't 21 either... 

You should know that not all the ships have a pool on the Serenity deck. 

37 minutes ago, Cobrakev said:

Why is he a Jerk? He told the right people about somebody who may be wanting to break the rules that Carnival has in place? If more people did this, then just maybe , it wouldn't be a ME world.

He told the right people about an anonymous poster on a website that said she may or may not, at some point next year, on a cruise that's not booked, allow her adult children to sit in her clamshell. 

Lol. Here's a sign. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

My suggestion is to find a ship that has an 18 and over pool area. Then it's quieter and has a pool and no broken rules.

The only reason I have a problem with breaking this particular rule is that the Serenity areas aren't very big.

That's a good suggestion! Thank you!