Tips

Poppy42

17 hours ago, skridge said:

I am choosing to tip the new amount because the people who are receiving the tips work their asses off so that I can ride on a boat and sip cocktails.  

I give an additional tip in cash to the room steward and waiter - the amount depending on the quality of service.  The only time I didn't tip extra for the room steward on an MSC cruise.  It was about 1 AM on the night before we docked in Miami.  We were just getting into bed when I realized the booze we had bought was not delivered to our cabin.  I called and was told that it should have been delivered but if it wasn't I had to come and get it.  Also, our final bill was never delivered.

Edited by Poppy42
Omitted a word.

23 hours ago, skridge said:

I am choosing to tip the new amount because the people who are receiving the tips work their asses off so that I can ride on a boat and sip cocktails.  

That's very generous of you. You can also send more tax money voluntarily to the government  if you feel so inclined 🤣

On 10/22/2018 at 9:59 PM, n6uqqq said:

That's very generous of you. You can also send more tax money voluntarily to the government  if you feel so inclined 🤣

Are you really comparing giving money to people that work their asses off to a government who wastes money every chance they get.  That is the stupidest comparison I have ever heard in my life and I have three kids.  I hope your room steward wipes his or her butt with your toothbrush.  SMH

13 minutes ago, skridge said:

Are you really comparing giving money to people that work their asses off to a government who wastes money every chance they get.  That is the stupidest comparison I have ever heard in my life and I have three kids.  I hope your room steward wipes his or her butt with your toothbrush.  SMH

That’s disgusting. That said, I never leave

my toothbrush out. Maybe now more people will follow suit.

1 hour ago, skridge said:

I always leave my tips on so don't get your panties in a bind . And no, I don't leave my toothbrush out 🤣. But I agree with you 100 percent that our government wastes money in everything they do.

Edited by n6uqqq

It should be noted that these daily fee amounts are only what is recommend by the Cruise Line. The recommend amount really means very little, tipping on Carnival Cruise Lines  is at the discretion of the guests.  From the Carnival US Website: 

"SERVICE GRATUITIES (TIPS)
It is customary to extend gratuities (tips) to the shipboard staff for their services. How much to tip is a personal matter and completely up to our guests."

It is a personal matter that is by contract completely voluntary. You the guests are free to pay whatever you feel is the correct amount.  If you want to pay the old recommend amount, you are absolutely fee to do so, before or after this so called deadline. 

9 hours ago, skridge said:

Cheap people disgust me.

People who pre-paid their tips after this increase was announced aren’t 100% cheap. 

If they cancel their entire auto tip, now that would be 100% cheap.

These cruisers are just 8% cheap. 😀

If you wish for a toothbrush butt rub for an 8%er I can't imagine what you'd wish for a 100%er.🤯

3 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

People who pre-paid their tips after this increase was announced aren’t 100% cheap. 

If they cancel their entire auto tip, now that would be 100% cheap.

These cruisers are just 8% cheap. 😀

If you wish for a toothbrush butt rub for an 8%er I can't imagine what you'd wish for a 100%er.🤯

Do you really think guests should trust crews, hotel staffs etc? The first thing I do when I enter my cabin is place cameras in the cabin.  If a crew member wanted to try anything like what has been described here the cruise line would be paying a settlement of several  million dollars..... How much damage would it do to a cruise line, hotel or other  tourist business to have video proof,  this all over the internet?  And cruise lines have deep pockets.... Better chance of the cruise ship sinking than these internet myths.

8 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

It should be noted that these daily fee amounts are only what is recommend by the Cruise Line. The recommend amount really means very little, tipping on Carnival Cruise Lines  is at the discretion of the guests.  From the Carnival US Website: 

"SERVICE GRATUITIES (TIPS)
It is customary to extend gratuities (tips) to the shipboard staff for their services. How much to tip is a personal matter and completely up to our guests."

It is a personal matter that is by contract completely voluntary. You the guests are free to pay whatever you feel is the correct amount.  If you want to pay the old recommend amount, you are absolutely fee to do so, before or after this so called deadline. 

LOL, “so called deadline”???  or they can do the right thing and pay the tips.  I think it interesting you said fee instead of free.  I know some come from other areas of the world that have different views.  But when in Rome.....

3 minutes ago, Expat Cruise said:

Do you really think guests should trust crews, hotel staffs etc? The first thing I do when I enter my cabin is place cameras in the cabin.  If a crew member wanted to try anything like what has been described here the cruise line would be paying a settlement of several  million dollars..... How much damage would it do to a cruise line, hotel or other  tourist business to have video proof,  this all over the internet?  And cruise lines have deep pockets.... Better chance of the cruise ship sinking than these internet myths.

Such a warm view you have of everything........

6 minutes ago, Expat Cruise said:

I guess you missed the 😀 and the 🤯.

:classic_laugh: