No Mariner Points from Onboard Spending

knittinggirl

Definitely a form letter.  We departed the Veendam Jan 2018 and it took almost 2 months for anything to post.  Got the same form letter, including the part about it not being necessary to contact them again.  At that time there were many posts from people who cruised in summer and fall of 2017  with missing credits or nothing posting. Same excuses y'all are reporting, and a year later it still isn't correct.  The numbers they posted  on my account don't add up to the total they show but couldn't get them to fix it.  Went on an Alaska cruise in June 2018 - also messed up.  I've kept my records, and when I feel like arguing with them again I'll call and try to work it out.  Very frustrating that they are still using the same excuses a year later.

19 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Just back from Koningsdam cruise, 10 days ended October 18th.  

Cruise days are posted ok, but onboard spend is not posted yet!

Between HAL and CC we are having great fun! 

Did Koningsdam have the 3 tier Internet plan or the old minutes plan?

1 hour ago, CruisinNana said:

Sorry I have no idea!

As we were sailing within Europe, I was able to use my mobile phone including data, without any additional cost. :classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 6:42 AM, CruisinNana said:

Veendam had the three tier internet plan.  I used the fastest.  It was supposed to be for streaming, but I doubt it could have streamed. 

Computer experts, do they block out some of the data if you get one of the lower tiers such as email only?

Our coastal cruise ended Oct.3, but some considered it part of an extended cruise that which went through the Panama Canal. So no posting yet of either Suite credit or spending. A call to Mariners Society also disclosed that due to their computer "upgrade", the total number of cruise days was probably also not acturate. Have patience...it will be fixed. Imagine being on the receiving end of all these phone calls!  

@knitting girl , 

I have never bought internet on HAL, having spent many hours in the library/Exploration Cafe, listening to people complain to the "librarian" about how oodles of minutes ticked by with no activity/coverage, then lost their communications.

But as far as the tiers, I suspect they do not block any sites or types of data -- they just throttle the speed/bandwidth so that if you TRY to do something above the stated data-types, you will just sit and stare at your screen (see above).

Edited by crystalspin

Hey everyone...just take a deep breath. It's not the end of the world. And you don't have to fight anybody. It's a computer glitch. That's all. The computer is giving the Mariner Society people garbage to work with, so their hands are tied right now. Just look away from this thread for a few weeks. Give them time. And hang on to your receipts. 

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

@knitting girl , 

I have never bought internet on HAL, having spent many hours in the library/Exploration Cafe, listening to people complain to the "librarian" about how oodles of minutes ticked by with no activity/coverage, then lost their communications.

But as far as the tiers, I suspect they do not block any sites or types of data -- they just throttle the speed/bandwidth so that if you TRY to do something above the stated data-types, you will just sit and stare at your screen (see above).

From a technical standpoint, it is far easier to limit an account to 6 or 7 sites than to throttle everything else, so most likely they limit access to the named sites.

9 hours ago, richwmn said:

From a technical standpoint, it is far easier to limit an account to 6 or 7 sites than to throttle everything else, so most likely they limit access to the named sites.

That is correct. They limit it to the named sites and if you try to go to another, non-named site, the system will stop until you pay to upgrade to the appropriate plan.

15 hours ago, twodjs said:

Hey everyone...just take a deep breath. It's not the end of the world. And you don't have to fight anybody. It's a computer glitch. That's all. The computer is giving the Mariner Society people garbage to work with, so their hands are tied right now. Just look away from this thread for a few weeks. Give them time. And hang on to your receipts. 

In my case it IS a fight.  We’ve been going back and forth for weeks.  Like I said... it’s discouraging.

Edited by *Miss G*