Is there Pizza on the NCL Bliss?

egcruise

8 hours ago, shof515 said:

yes, it can be found at the buffet

Thank you!

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

If the La Cucina menu on the Bliss is the same as the Escape when I sailed last week, there is also pizza in La Cucina now.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, valleyvillage said:

Yes, there is pizza! La Cucina and also in the Garden Cafe.

Thank you!

I live in a small midwestern city.  I can get much better pizza at three places within two blocks of where I live.  If you're over 12, pizza is a food to avoid on NCL, in my opinion.  Much better choices in every venue.

1 hour ago, FLAHAM said:

I live in a small midwestern city.  I can get much better pizza at three places within two blocks of where I live.  If you're over 12, pizza is a food to avoid on NCL, in my opinion.  Much better choices in every venue.

I was once on a Carnival cruise where they were making it all from scratch and using "buffalo" mozzarella. It was incredibly good. Ever since that, nothing was ever as good (on a ship)

6 hours ago, LD Silver said:

I've found the pizza on all NCL ships to be bad and not worth the calories.  

My question is, why is the pizza so terrible on NCL? I've cruised across several different cruise lines and the pizza on NCL is by far the worst. It's not even close.

4 hours ago, sirfuller said:

My question is, why is the pizza so terrible on NCL? I've cruised across several different cruise lines and the pizza on NCL is by far the worst. It's not even close.

I mean I'm sure it all depends on their investment. The pizza in the above picture looks fairly appetizing. It looks like to cut costs they're making dough in house which is quite nice (if the flavor is there) , w/ economies of scale being a huge factor in every decision they make, it may turn out to be decent or they might be skimping on simple ingredients like cheese and tomatoes, making it a mess.

Why did I go off on this tangent at 4am? I have no clue but there it is...

I'll report back when / if I get a fresh slice.

The way I think of the buffet pizza on NCL is "kid menu pizza". You know when you go to a sit down restaurant that doesn't actually do pizza, but they have a kids menu with pizza on it and it's just terrible, but it appeases the kids? That's the exact pizza they serve on the buffet.

8 hours ago, sirfuller said:

And yet another reason food is subjective 😂😂! I thought RCI's pizza place was the worst pizza I had ever had. 

10 hours ago, sirfuller said:

I will have to try the pizza to see if you are right.  For now the pizza on Fathom was the worst pizza I have had on or off a ship. The ship's crew was inherited/borrowed from P&O.  Up until experiencing the food on Fathom I thought that the old adage "Hell is where the chefs are English; the police are German" was just a joke.

6 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

The way I think of the buffet pizza on NCL is "kid menu pizza". You know when you go to a sit down restaurant that doesn't actually do pizza, but they have a kids menu with pizza on it and it's just terrible, but it appeases the kids? That's the exact pizza they serve on the buffet.

Compared to NCL, Chucky Cheese's pizza deserves a Michelin star.  Fortunately, much better choices abound in every NCL restaurant.