CocoCay Perfect Day Questions

MaC410

I am looking at booking a cruise next August that has a stop at CocoCay. In the description of the port it says it is "Perfect day at CocoCay". I understand that Royal is building new things like water slides and offering things to try like hot air balloons but is all of that included in the price we pay or are we going to have to buy an excursion package to do these things? (For example we wouldn't be able to use the water slides without paying for the privilege.) Everything I keep looking at it does not seem to make this all clear.

If you go to the Shore Excursions portion of your cruise or on the website, it lists prices for the offerings at CocoCay.  The waterpark and the hot air balloon is extra.   Sitting in a beach chair  and using the beaches/pools is free!

It also looked like many of the dining options are free, but as it is with the ships, alcohol is not.  You can yse your beverage package if you purchase one.

Even without the "extras" a beach day is perfect, IMO!  Don't know how the island will look when it's done, but it was lovely without all the "bells and whistles"!

Lunch is served on the beach, and there are bars and roaming waiters....what could be nicer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 11madmic said:

CocoCay beats Labadee, can't stand that place. 

Coco Cay will more closely resemble Labadee next year, especially when 6500 guests arrive from an Oasis class ship.

For our August cruise, we can book things like waterpark (half or full day option), cabanas by waterpark, balloon ride and zipline...so these all come at an additional charge.  I'm hoping everything is completed as they say and is ready by next summer. (I think additional stuff is coming afterwards as well)

• 1 month later...

I will be surprised if the Perfect Day is actually up and running by Aug 19.

When we were there in Aug 18, there was NO building going on yet.  Only moving dirt.   And recent pics show little construction progress.

We just booked a July 20 cruise that includes CocoCay.  I am not holding my breath that it will be open by then. 😄

It was such a lovely little island before they decided they were going to go "Disney" it up....I will not be paying for any of the extras that will be offered.  I was and am perfectly happy to enjoy Coco Cay with a swim in that beautiful water and a Coco Loco on a beach chair.  I kind of doubt that most of it will be up and running by next May anyway.