Brutal weather Civitavecchia

audobon_tx

I hope no one had booked an early flight!

That sea does not look nice for the sail out. 

Hope people are not too uncomfortable- ginger ale helps with the vodka/whisky 🙂🙂🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I hope no one had booked an early flight!

That sea does not look nice for the sail out. 

Hope people are not too uncomfortable- ginger ale helps with the vodka/whisky 🙂🙂🙂

I know some people had early flights and were trying to change plans, guest relations were allowing guests to use their phones to contact airlines etc.

Long island ice tea will help also ... I hope.

Well, the forecast is 50 knot winds and 7 meter seas for the next 24 hours, worse weather than in the photo above.  So we are going to stay in Civitavecchia tonight and all day tomorrow, skipping Bastia.  This was announced at the drill just now.  Some folks looked pretty upset but so it goes in cruising, particularly this time of year.  As always, Azamara are pulling rabbits out of their hats to provide last minute entertainment on board and shorex to Rome etc. tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Well, the forecast is 50 knot winds and 7 meter seas for the next 24 hours, worse weather than in the photo above.  So we are going to stay in Civitavecchia tonight and all day tomorrow, skipping Bastia.  This was announced at the drill just now.  Some folks looked pretty upset but so it goes in cruising, particularly this time of year.  As always, Azamara are pulling rabbits out of their hats to provide last minute entertainment on board and shorex to Rome etc. tomorrow.

It is Olbia that is being missed, we are still going to Bastia at the moment.

Oh wow!  Your picture really captured how windy the weather is.😮

The water spraying over the seawall was something else!

I really feel for the people who missed their flights by the 2.5 hour delay.. especially if you are traveling home and you miss the only nonstop of the day. Very stressful.  I hope they were accommodated easily on later flights.

So smart that The Pursuit is staying put in Civitavecchia for the next day plus.

I actually would have been happy with the port change from Olbia to Rome for a day.

Wishing you a smooth week and a great time!

Chatted with Ryzard tonight.  High stress day but they managed to debark everyone in 40 minutes and provided assistance with alternate flights and what not.  The ship really went out of their way to accommodate the inconvenienced guests. 

And they have filled tomorrow's schedule with activities, excursions, and entertainment.  Amazing adjustments implying the ship has a very effective "crisis" management plan and team in place.

42 minutes ago, Lottie A said:

Wow...sounds like exciting times aboard! Glad there were no injuries though. I'm sure the Captain...is it Captain Carl? and all the crew are doing their usual magnificent job. 

It is captain AntonioToledo.

Edited by Belfastman

Oh whoops! I misread who was quoted.. hello flyingshoes!

I am just so surprised at how awful your weather is.  Crazy what has been going on for you and the rest of The Pursuit in the past 2 days.

We were on the Journey four weeks ago and had a similar situation in Marseilles.  I was counting my blessings that we were safely docked for the duration of the windy weather.  I took a pic (not as wonderful as yours though) of the water spraying over the seawall in the harbor too!  I actually wrote a trip report that included it along with the rest of our cruise which was marvelous.

We also booked a cruise on the Pursuit next October 12 from Monte Carlo to Barcelona going to many of the places you are going this week.  I don't get seasick but the hubs does and I was banking on the seas being smooth.. however this shows that weather is weather and there is truly no way to predict it.

Anywho.. I'm sure the wind will calm down soon. Enjoy it all!

The Azamara Pursuit has been experiencing challenging sea conditions and high winds. While there was an inconvenience due to the storm which delayed re-boarding, all guests are resting comfortably onboard. 

Due to the continuation of high winds the Azamara Pursuit will remain in port until tomorrow; the safety of our guest and crew is our number one priority.

The Captain has confirmed that all guests and crew are safe and accounted for and weather permitting the ship should be on its way tomorrow morning.