What is your favorite drink(s) to get on Royal?

My wife (23) and I (24) are still fairly young and still learning a lot of drinks we like. We are cruising with Royal for our 6th time, November 5th on the Enchantment. We decided to splurge a little and get the Deluxe Beverage package for the first time. We want to use this opportunity to try a bunch of new drinks. If you would please let us know your favorite drink and what are the main ingredients in it. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Jj343434jj
  • Like 2

My wife and I are in our mid and late 20s, she’s 26 and I’m 29. We are cruising Oasis November 25th as her 2nd Cruise and my 3rd.

Our go to drinks vary depending on what we are doing, we love to drink rum runners by the pool. I’m a Big bourbon guy so I’ll grab a higher end Bourbon neat for dinner, she’s a big dry red wine drinker so that’s her late night go to. We also always start the day with mimosas. We never pass up a chance to try the drink of the day or ask for something we’ve seen others order to try something new. Royal does a great job with the fruity and frozen drinks I’d typically not order unless on a beach or vacation. My wife favorite drink on the ship was a habenero grapefruit daiquiri that they serve at the schrooner bar, it’s amazing and worth a try.

Also it’s awesome to see other young people cruising. Too often we are the minority on ships and feel RCCL hasn’t shifted to cater towards our demographic much yet. But even with that we love cruising and caught the bug. Already booked 2 sailings for next year, one to Cuba in May and a 2nd over Christmas with all our family. Hope you enjoy your trip, the alcohol package definitely makes it more fun.

• Like 1

I've not yet been on Royal,  first cruise is soon!  Anyhow my go to drinks when we have the drink package is a mimosa first thing in the a.m. and also bellinis! The rest of the day depends on the cruise.  When going out of New York City in December it was anything hot, when cruising the caribbean in June or September I'm trying all the frozen drinks.  I love to try the drink of the day! Best part is trying drinks and just getting a new one if I didn't like it.  

6 hours ago, Tplanav1 said:

My wife and I are in our mid and late 20s, she’s 26 and I’m 29. We are cruising Oasis November 25th as her 2nd Cruise and my 3rd.

Our go to drinks vary depending on what we are doing, we love to drink rum runners by the pool. I’m a Big bourbon guy so I’ll grab a higher end Bourbon neat for dinner, she’s a big dry red wine drinker so that’s her late night go to. We also always start the day with mimosas. We never pass up a chance to try the drink of the day or ask for something we’ve seen others order to try something new. Royal does a great job with the fruity and frozen drinks I’d typically not order unless on a beach or vacation. My wife favorite drink on the ship was a habenero grapefruit daiquiri that they serve at the schrooner bar, it’s amazing and worth a try.

Also it’s awesome to see other young people cruising. Too often we are the minority on ships and feel RCCL hasn’t shifted to cater towards our demographic much yet. But even with that we love cruising and caught the bug. Already booked 2 sailings for next year, one to Cuba in May and a 2nd over Christmas with all our family. Hope you enjoy your trip, the alcohol package definitely makes it more fun.

Thanks for the input! My wife and I caught the cruising bug pretty fast. We were 19 and 18 years old when I took us on our first cruise. We fell in love and now it's our preferred vacation. We've been able to take atleast 1, usually 2 cruises a year since we started cruising. 

I’m not a big frozen drink person but I do enjoy the Miami vices.   If you prefer your frozen drinks a bit stronger, you can request a “floater” which is a shot of liquor on top. I usually get dark rum for the daiquiris.  

If you like wine they have a decent selection of wines by the glass that are included in the pkg.   And if you are not sure what kind of wines you prefer, the drink package is the perfect opportunity to figure it out without the penalty of buying a drink you don’t like!

Edited by cindivan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, KKB said:

Miami vice is half strawberry daiquiri & half pina colada

We would vote for the Miami Vice as well.  I think they call that same drink a "lava flow" in Hawaii.  (if I recall)  Tasty and cooling when in the sun by the pool.  I also don't mind a good dry martini or scotch (water on the side).   Pretty straight forward on the ingredients of those two...  lol

20 hours ago, KKB said:

Miami vice is half strawberry daiquiri & half pina colada

I haven't heard or seen this on the recent drink menus. Is it an off menu drink? It sounds yummy but since I haven't seen it on recent drink menus I am curious if anyone has tried ordering it lately since  its not listed on the menus? Thanks. 

I love the Sandy Collins which is served at the Schooner bar, it's a whiskey drink but is very light and summery.

Like everyone else has said, Miami Vices are great. To the person above me, it is not an off menu drink, they often times feature it on their daily specials but any bar around the pools will make you one any day. Another great frozen drink are Mudslides which are essentially a chocolate milkshake with alcohol. 

I've enjoyed ordering White Russians at the English pubs they have, though you can get them anywhere as it is a pretty well known cocktail.

Lastly, our secondary waiter on my last cruise on the Freedom introduced us to a Tropical Old Fashioned which again is a twist on the whiskey drink but with a beachy flair. Very easy to drink, but I'm not sure if it's well known on the ships or night. We had them every night at dinner, and I plan to see if they are on the Harmony when I go next month.

If you really want to get bang for your buck, ask for a Texas Tea, though they aren't for the faint hearted. They have 5 different types of liquor in them topped off with a splash of coke. It's not your typical long island. We were going all in with those for my spring break trip the year I graduated college a few years ago, which I wanted to note since were the same age. On my last cruise we used them as punishment anytime someone lost a bet 😉

Edited by ChicAgo_Cruiser43

Oh, it sounds like my DH will like Miami Vices as he likes either of the "halves"!

I tend to Mojitos or diet Cuba Libres. That's for 'boat drinks'. 

We drink wine with dinner and sometimes a cordial for dessert.

We have the deluxe drink package for our 14-day cruise in December.

6 hours ago, EeyoreRN said:

Love the coconut mojito at Boleros (a little more than a year ago, don't know if they've changed the recipe since the time I tried it). It was my very favorite drink ever!

Origionally it was different and used coconut water- that was my favorite version 🙂. They’ve had the current version for a couple of years now 🙂

11 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Origionally it was different and used coconut water- that was my favorite version 🙂. They’ve had the current version for a couple of years now 🙂

It's great to know that the version I love so much is the newer one, and hasn't been tampered with since I fell in love. Can't imagine how it was even better before!

Our favorite in the Schooner Bar is the Spiced Daiquiri. At the pool a frozen Pina Colada but ask for it with dark rum. They float it on the top and just stir it in yum and so much better! Champagne is always festive with a special dinner too.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:40 PM, sh2738 said:

I haven't heard or seen this on the recent drink menus. Is it an off menu drink? It sounds yummy but since I haven't seen it on recent drink menus I am curious if anyone has tried ordering it lately since  its not listed on the menus? Thanks. 

Drinks never need to be on a menu--you can ask for any drink. They will do their best to make it happen!