No mention of this anywhere ? Stuck in Vigo til tomorrow

I used the search feature using ‘ Navigator stabiliser problem’ and Navigator stuck in Vigo. No results found .

We have sailed Navigator when she had a problem with a stabiliser and were stuck in Lisbon for two days while they sent a dive team to cut the thing off. This happened after a TA. 

Seems Navigator is jinxed with her stabilisers.

http://crew-center.com/bravo-code-and-technical-problems-navigator-seas

Edited by heatherb1958
Spelling

I saw the Crew Center article about two hours ago and posted a reply to someone else who mentioned it on a review from the previous cruise. If what they said was right about the stabilizer snapping off and puncturing the side of the ship, they may not be going anywhere for awhile. Sure they'll make repairs but the flagged nation might have to come in and inspect them along with whatever maritime authority there is in Spain. It's Sunday so who knows if those officials are available.

On social media a new itinerary has been posted, going to be missing Madeira and Lanzarote .

25% of cruise fare paid as refundable OBC and a FCC of 25% of cruise fare paid.

The TA will go ahead as planned . 

I know someone onboard who is in contact with another friend. 

We were  on the exact same itinerary followed by the TA last year. 

Edited by heatherb1958

Glad she's been deemed seaworthy and will be on her way eventually. Thanks for the update. My first ever cruise that was cancelled was on the Radiance of the Seas earlier this year to NZ. She struck bottom leaving on her previous cruise and had to go into dry dock to fix the damage to the pod / propeller. Her next cruise after mine was a TP (Trans Pacific, not toilet paper.. ha!). They had to get her fixed. However, a stabilizer is not as important as a propulsion unit.

We were supposed to be on this cruise, but something came up and had to cancel.  Too bad for all the passengers looking forward to the Canaries.  May you use your refundable OBC and cruise credit towards another wonderful experience.

Compensation and revised itinerary. We left Vigo just after 3p yesterday afternoon.

However with the changes it now means 3 straight sea days. Rumours that families with children under 12m old will be leaving in Tenerife.  Wonder how itinerary changes like this have been handled in the past?  Bob??

CC4C79C8-8FFB-4FC6-8989-28B324C521C4.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Is this some UK thing?

No, it's a Royal Caribbean rule.  Infants must be at least 6 months old to cruise at all, and if there are 3 or more sea days in a row, then they need to be at least 12 months old.

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Hmmm..... the baby I saw on a TA must have been more than 12 months old.

.....but if they are under 12m they cannot be on a cruise with 3 consecutive sea days. Over 12m is ok .   Issue is when the parents booked the cruise there were only 2 sea days, but itinerary changes now mean there are 3

3 hours ago, little britain said:

.....but if they are under 12m they cannot be on a cruise with 3 consecutive sea days. Over 12m is ok .   Issue is when the parents booked the cruise there were only 2 sea days, but itinerary changes now mean there are 3

Wow , you learn something new every day. I knew about the 6months minimum age but not the other rule.

If RCI decide to ‘boot’ those with infants under 12 months old off the ship it better  be at their , RCI’s , expense with at least a full refund of the cruise . The press would have a field day with that one if RCI didn’t step up. 

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

Wow , you learn something new every day. I knew about the 6months minimum age but not the other rule.

If RCI decide to ‘boot’ those with infants under 12 months old off the ship it better  be at their , RCI’s , expense with at least a full refund of the cruise . The press would have a field day with that one if RCI didn’t step up. 

RC would likely refund the cruise cost, but probably would not help with any other non-refundable costs, like airfare and hotel.

5 hours ago, little britain said:

That’s only a rule that Royal has self imposed and not any sort of government regulation or law.  

Since the trip started out meeting the sailing requirements and it was an unexpected change it would be very easy for Royal to make an exception to their rule.

11 minutes ago, broberts said:

It strikes me as a curious regulation. I wonder at the logic behind the restriction.

It has to do with the probablity of the infant having a serious medical issue and how far they would be from help.

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

RC would likely refund the cruise cost, but probably would not help with any other non-refundable costs, like airfare and hotel.

Not knowing the full rules and regulations of ABTA/ATOL and EU ( for the moment we ARE still covered by EU regulations ) but I am sure that EU/UK passengers who booked through the EU/UK will be covered by something to return them to point of departure at RCI’s expense. 

Again, the press would have a field day if RCI didn’t step up . 

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

Not knowing the full rules and regulations of ABTA/ATOL and EU ( for the moment we ARE still covered by EU regulations ) but I am sure that EU/UK passengers who booked through the EU/UK will be covered by something to return them to point of departure at RCI’s expense. 

Again, the press would have a field day if RCI didn’t step up . 

You're probably correct, I had not considered the EU rules.