anthem embarkation day

GSF43

Windjammer (will be mobbed), Cafe Promenade (sandwiches and pastries), Sorrentos (Pizza and usually 1 Italian specialty) are always open for boarding. day lunch. In addition Solarium Bistro is usually open as well as Two70Cafe (pressed sandwiches, soup and salad), Dog House (hotdogs).  If you are in a suite there is Coastal Kitchen. There is usually a specialty restaurant or two that is open as well (check online for reservations. if interested.). 

Edited by SuiteTraveler

On 11/4/2018 at 12:30 PM, meadowlander said:

Anthem does not have a main dining room. 

Where are traditional and my time/anytime/your time dining held?  I thought I've seen reviews with MDR meals and not all meals being at specialty restaurants or windjammer.

3 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Where are traditional and my time/anytime/your time dining held?  I thought I've seen reviews with MDR meals and not all meals being at specialty restaurants or windjammer.

Of course there's a main dining room, or to be more accurate main dining rooms as the MDR is split into multiple rooms. What you won't find is a main dining room that's open for lunch on embarkation day contrary to what an early response to the OP said.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Anthem does not have a main dining room. It does have 4 dining rooms (American Icon, Silk, Grande and another) that takes the place of a single main dining room. The 4 smaller dining rooms were part of "dynamic dining" which Royal abandoned. None of the Quantum class ships have a main dining room. A main dining room is to be included in the newest Quantum class ship.

Thanks for the explanations.  Royal's website lists a main dining room as a dining option for Anthem so I was confused when you said there was no MDR.  I'm used to ships naming the room and there often being multiple MDR's (kinda defeats the "main" part 😉) with having  traditional and anytime rooms.

You're welcome. None of the smaller dining rooms will be open for lunch on embarkation. As pointed out in post #7, those dining facilities will be open. Try 270 at the back of deck 5. The choices are limited compared to Windjammer, but not as crowded either.

On 11/7/2018 at 6:29 PM, meadowlander said:

Anthem does not have a main dining room. It does have 4 dining rooms (American Icon, Silk, Grande and another) that takes the place of a single main dining room. The 4 smaller dining rooms were part of "dynamic dining" which Royal abandoned. None of the Quantum class ships have a main dining room. A main dining room is to be included in the newest Quantum class ship.

Oh good grief. The dining rooms (notice I’m using the plural version of room) on any given ship are always referred to as main dining rooms (aka MDR). Doesn’t matter if there is more than one MDR on a ship. That’s just what they are called. 

33 minutes ago, bakersdozen12 said:

Oh good grief. The dining rooms (notice I’m using the plural version of room) on any given ship are always referred to as main dining rooms (aka MDR). Doesn’t matter if there is more than one MDR on a ship. That’s just what they are called. 

take a deep breath :classic_biggrin: