Tell Me About 5 Night Cruises

lvz2cruz

From February through Easter there’s a chance for very large college groups. I’ve been on 2, with 1000 young people each, both times from several schools. They were energetic and fun to watch and I had no problem with them, but I can see the opportunities for trouble. 

3 hours ago, JFontaine said:

From February through Easter there’s a chance for very large college groups. I’ve been on 2, with 1000 young people each, both times from several schools. They were energetic and fun to watch and I had no problem with them, but I can see the opportunities for trouble. 

On ours, the older college kids were using their drink packages to buy drinks for the younger kids.  They were ordering shots and pouring them into cups/glasses to bring back to them.  'Kids' were running around the hallways late at night, knocking on doors randomly.  In the MDR, they were shouting back and forth between tables.  The pools were wall to wall drunken kids and young women in tiny bikinis standing on lounge chairs doing dances you might see in a strip club (I'm guessing😉).  Two kids were kicked off the ship and left in Cozumel for being drunk and damaging furniture onboard.  One young 'lady' was so drunk returning from shore they had to get a wheelchair to get her on the ship.  After a couple of days the officers actually had a 'take back the ship' meeting to try to get it under control (in particular the drinking).  They were moderately successful.  On ours (on Connie) there were over 700 college kids, many of them from one school which I think made it even worse.  It was really something.  I couldn't believe I was on a Celebrity ship.

14 hours ago, lvz2cruz said:

We are looking at the 5 night right when you get off. I'm not a kid hater, but expect less big and little kids as college and school will be back in session. 

We have had numerous 4 and 5 day cruises on Celebrity and with the exception of one, a cruise on the Constellation during UCF’s Spring Break where a TA sold it to the kids for the drink package, we have never had an issue.  Yes they are short but a good addition to another cruise.

18 hours ago, Oville said:

We have had numerous 4 and 5 day cruises on Celebrity and with the exception of one, a cruise on the Constellation during UCF’s Spring Break where a TA sold it to the kids for the drink package, we have never had an issue.  Yes they are short but a good addition to another cruise.

I believe that was the one we were on.  It was really something, wasn't it!

We did one 4 night cruise (albeit on Carnival - Catalina Island and Ensenada, MX).  Served its purpose for a short getaway, and inexpensive.  But, probably won't do again.  Any day/night on a cruise ship is better than just about anything else, but this one did have a LOT of drunk people.   Fortunately, no strange shenanigans.  Oddly enough, we did an NCL "cruise to nowhere" (2 nights) about 8 years ago...don't recall anything really "crazy".  We hope to stick with 9+ days from now on, though...

I think it's possible to have a rowdy crowd on any up to 7 night cruise, depending on the time of year and destination. We were on a 5 night Millennium cruise which was quite mellow, and a 7 night to Bermuda on the Summit during school vacation which was absolute pandemonium. Unconscious drunk people in multiple locations (a man rolled onto his side on a lounger on the pool deck and urinated on the floor), and there was sexual activity happening in the open in hot tubs!! We're on a 4 night upcoming in late November on the Infinity which is all that works for us at this stage of our lives, as our toddler will be staying with his grandparents in Florida. We are really looking forward to it! Happy to report back. 

We recently got off of a 4 day Infinity cruise.   It was a little more festive with younger passengers along with more children.

It didn’t affect us at all.   Service was great.  Drinks were plentiful and had no problem getting one anywhere.  Food was good and as usual ate too much, although my wife claimed that I drank too much.   

The difference in age didn’t affect anything.    For the most part the passengers on X are not low lifers or party animals.   Everyone appeared to be respectful and enjoyed being on a cruise.  They are always a few idiots, jerks and etc but I didn’t encounter any except for the one time that I looked in a mirror.  🤗🤔

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Mostly I have done 4 and 5 nighters on RCL.  Have never noticed less nights being concentrated with party goers.  That applies to the one Majesty cruise I took.  They did seem to be a very festive bunch but were never unruly.  I try to cruise when kids are in school and not during the holidays.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:11 AM, lvz2cruz said:

We are looking at the 5 night right when you get off. I'm not a kid hater, but expect less big and little kids as college and school will be back in session. 

If you are looking at sailing the week after Thanksgiving you will find very few kids onboard.  I highly doubt it would be a rowdy crowd as this is usually one of the slowest weeks of the year for cruising.

We'll take good care of her for you.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2018 at 7:32 PM, coldweathergirl said:

I’m just speaking from experience of a few week long cruises in January that I took on the Summit a couple of winters ago, there were a lot more young party people on board than on the longer cruises.  I almost felt like I was on Carnival.  

My apologies if I offended anyone.  

I totally agree with you.  That is why we usually book the 1st 2 weeks prior to Christmas. Everyone is trying to get ready for the Holiday, leaving no time for a cruise, be it long or short.  Our next one is booked on the Infinity on the 17th of December.  I anticipate that when we return to port, it will be overloaded with people WITH children because of the lengthy vacations.  We have been on 5 night cruises before and we see no difference in how you are treated or the food offered.

We did a five night on celebrity summit. The only negative was we were not ready to leave. It was an amazing vacation and was probably our best. It actually made me fall in love with cruising celebrity again. The passenger average age appeared to be closer to 40s and we noticed less kids on our trip, but that varies based on school schedules. We are doing a 5 day/4 day back to back next year and if we have even half as good a vacation it will be amazing. 

On 11/1/2018 at 9:09 AM, gimletgal said:

Agreed! I have found that if you go all the way to the bottom of the front page and click on "site map" that that is where you can usually find what you're looking for. :classic_smile:

Thank you for this as well. You got the eagle eye!