Warning: NCL Shareholder benefit change

nj_flyer

Well I just booked a 15 night TA for 4/27 and will be sending in my form today.  I am sailing solo in a balcony and I did pay the single supplement.  Now the only thing I am worried about is that I did book under a group rate and I did get the drink package and the gratuities for free.  Any idea if I will still get my $250 OBC?

On 1/22/2019 at 8:00 AM, robin13 said:

Well I just booked a 15 night TA for 4/27 and will be sending in my form today.  I am sailing solo in a balcony and I did pay the single supplement.  Now the only thing I am worried about is that I did book under a group rate and I did get the drink package and the gratuities for free.  Any idea if I will still get my $250 OBC?

my understanding is: that make no difference. We are booked under a block of cabins our TAs company was holding (not quite the same as a group, but about) and we still got our OBC and all our perks. I think the only time you do not get the OBC is if you are cruising on a travel agent rate or a travel industry rate. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2018 at 1:10 PM, newty25 said:

You're thinking like a customer.

If you own stock in NCL, that doesn't give you an incentive to go on a cruise. The $100 OBC is barely an incentive either. No one thinks... "I spent $10k on this stock and I need to spend $2-3k (cruise, air, hotel, etc) for me and the wifey so I can go on a cruise to get my $100 bonus." Well, I hope no one thinks that way. You never know.

Furthermore, my understanding is that cruise lines make very little on the cruise fare. They make their nut on extras that you buy while on the ship (e.g., excursions, massages, photos, art, etc). Giving you OBC to buy those extras bites into their margin. And then earning suffer. If you truly own stock in the company, would you rather them give all the stock owners $100 or beat earnings next quarter? Personally, I'd opt for the latter.

I also would assume the loyalty/rewards (Latitude) program creates repeat business on its own without the promise of $100 from the stock program. And, if you're a member of Latitudes and own stock, you're probably not cruising with another cruise line. Hence, no need to give you additional OBC.

But, pure speculation on my part.

Based on that reasoning,  They should charge an EXTRA $100 to shareholders, to maximize the shareholder stock value.

31 minutes ago, DualSunset said:

Based on that reasoning,  They should charge an EXTRA $100 to shareholders, to maximize the shareholder stock value.

That’s essentially what they’re doing. 

• 1 month later...

NCLH :OTC provides NO DIVIDEND still?

An OBC , called a Shareholder Benefit is great and an added benefit to cruisers of the Three Lines they have.

+ Other US Companies had great Stock Holder Benefits too.

EG: if you chewed GUM, wrigley used to send Shareholders sleeves of Chewing Gum as well a nice Dividend you could ReInvest for Compounding.

With constant changes in NCL policies it is going to take an Attorney and/or Barrsiter to decode the Legalize now at RCL :NYSE and NCLH :OTC

Please remember NCLH :OTC is actually an Asian Owned and HQ firm and now has the highest fees, we call TIPS. It has the largest cost for Bottled Water etc.. and your not allowed to bring your own..

Call Investor Relations and they offer a Dinner at the Pay as you Eat high cost aboard locations now instead of the OBC..

26 minutes ago, AAAAmerican said:

NCLH :OTC provides NO DIVIDEND still?

An OBC , called a Shareholder Benefit is great and an added benefit to cruisers of the Three Lines they have.

+ Other US Companies had great Stock Holder Benefits too.

EG: if you chewed GUM, wrigley used to send Shareholders sleeves of Chewing Gum as well a nice Dividend you could ReInvest for Compounding.

With constant changes in NCL policies it is going to take an Attorney and/or Barrsiter to decode the Legalize now at RCL :NYSE and NCLH :OTC

Please remember NCLH :OTC is actually an Asian Owned and HQ firm and now has the highest fees, we call TIPS. It has the largest cost for Bottled Water etc.. and your not allowed to bring your own..

Call Investor Relations and they offer a Dinner at the Pay as you Eat high cost aboard locations now instead of the OBC..

Wow, this stock listed on the NY Stock Exchange with only 2.5% of owned by Insiders inclusive of the management with most of held by Institutions like Vangard, Fidelity, pension groups, is considered Asian Owned?   At most the last major Asian ownership stake was only 20% before they sold all their holding way back in 2014.    

The Investor Relation site continues to list the Shareholder benefit as we all understand it with the OBC.

Looks like this poster is from another reality or dimension, the facts suggested are far from what we all can Gooble or Bing.

Move on...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hotspring said:

Wow, this stock listed on the NY Stock Exchange with only 2.5% of owned by Insiders inclusive of the management with most of held by Institutions like Vangard, Fidelity, pension groups, is considered Asian Owned?   At most the last major Asian ownership stake was only 20% before they sold all their holding way back in 2014.    

The Investor Relation site continues to list the Shareholder benefit as we all understand it with the OBC.

Looks like this poster is from another reality or dimension, the facts suggested are far from what we all can Gooble or Bing.

Move on...

Dear Hotspring,

Glad you may have finally learned something.

It is listed on the NYSE now. Guess you never knew them when it started trading in Public. Not not the SOES we invented and UniSys wrote it.

I gather you,  never knew the older OBC and how to be able to use it too.

Ask your/any acccredited well Investment Advisor .

• 1 month later...

I have submitted my Shareholder Benefit for twice for a cruise in 4 weeks. I only receive a reply saying they have my received my email and will be contacted with in 24 hours and lists a case number. I have not received the credit nor have I been contacted and it has bee 3 weeks since first attempt.

What kind of time frame ( the email stated 24 hours is obviously incorrect) should I expect and is there an email respose or the credit just appears when you are on the ship?

Does anyone have a phone number to actually call?

19 minutes ago, wvacations said:

I have submitted my Shareholder Benefit for twice for a cruise in 4 weeks. I only receive a reply saying they have my received my email and will be contacted with in 24 hours and lists a case number. I have not received the credit nor have I been contacted and it has bee 3 weeks since first attempt.

What kind of time frame ( the email stated 24 hours is obviously incorrect) should I expect and is there an email respose or the credit just appears when you are on the ship?

Does anyone have a phone number to actually call?

There is a more current thread on this.  Check that.  Delays not uncommon.

19 minutes ago, wvacations said:

This is the other thread I was watching so I wanted to post here too for those not watching the other shareholder thread. That thread was focused around those that submitted the shareholder request and having not received it, after many weeks and even right before their upcoming cruise.

This thread had some of the same but also dealt with the benefit not applying for those with perks, etc. 

I submitted my request on July 10th. I am in a regular balcony on Bliss in October, have "all the perks" plus additional perks... prepaid tips, and $150 of OBC, etc. from my agency.  I received confirmation today that the Shareholder OBC was applied and I confirmed the additional $100 was on my cruise summary. It took only a week. My rate was a discounted Mini-suite (MC) that was about $1000 less than the regular rates, and with a guarantee cabin assignment. I ended up with an MA. So all in all, it worked out quite well.

So, I'm not sure what kind of "perks" may have disqualified some others from receiving the benefit, but the op's original post is not accurate, at lease in my case. For those not receiving any response at all, not sure what's going on there either. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to this with NCL. Good luck with yours!

Edited by CruisingIsBest
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruisingIsBest said:

This is the other thread I was watching so I wanted to post here too for those not watching the other shareholder thread. That thread was focused around those that submitted the shareholder request and having not received it, after many weeks and even right before their upcoming cruise.

This thread had some of the same but also dealt with the benefit not applying for those with perks, etc. 

I submitted my request on July 10th. I am in a regular balcony, have "all the perks" plus additional perks... prepaid tips, and $150 of OBC, etc. from my agency.  I received confirmation today that the Shareholder OBC was applied and I confirmed the additional $100 was on my cruise summary. It took only a week.

So, I'm not sure what kind of "perks" may have disqualified some others from receiving the benefit, but the op's original post is not accurate, at lease in my case. For those not receiving any response at all, not sure what's going on there either. Seems to be no rhyme or reason to this with NCL. Good luck with yours!

from what we have all been receiving, I think the OP just misunderstood or was on some special pricing like maybe an airline employee rate or something like that. Just my guess.We have cruised twice since he posted; gotten our credit both times. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 5:49 AM, newmexicoNita said:

Hubby just checked on ours: sure enough it had never been received they said. He had to re-send it.  Too bad they no longer have a fax number, that is what we used to use. 

update; as I mentioned he re-sent the info this weekend and already have the credit on our account. 

They must be backed up.  I sent a request on August 2. Received the standard automated message with a case number saying 24 hour response.  Sent a follow up on August 6 with the first case number and received another automated email with another case number. 

This is for a cruise in November 2020.  Maybe they don't want to commit that far in advance?

50 minutes ago, eiloo said:

They must be backed up.  I sent a request on August 2. Received the standard automated message with a case number saying 24 hour response.  Sent a follow up on August 6 with the first case number and received another automated email with another case number. 

This is for a cruise in November 2020.  Maybe they don't want to commit that far in advance?

Took me 2 full weeks to get the credit applied for a cruise that was a month away.

Pretty confused about people not receiving the shareholder obc benefit and losing free at sea perks etc ....... multiple CAS comped cruises (with perks) over the years, including one in May and another coming up in Sept, with the shareholder benefit being accepted / awarded.  

On 8/9/2019 at 10:43 PM, esm54687 said:

Pretty confused about people not receiving the shareholder obc benefit and losing free at sea perks etc ....... multiple CAS comped cruises (with perks) over the years, including one in May and another coming up in Sept, with the shareholder benefit being accepted / awarded.  

There obviously was some sort of mix up: that is why the OP posted. It appears based on our experience and most others here, everyone on special packages or otherwise that has 100 shares or more does get the $100 OBC. 

Sent 8/4  (for our 11/2020 cruise.).Received confirmation today. 8/10  !!!

Only odd thing..is they split it 50/50 with DH and me...and I am shareholder as stated on form. No big deal at all.

5 minutes ago, jaja said:

Only odd thing..is they split it 50/50 with DH and me...and I am shareholder as stated on form. No big deal at all.

they been doing this to me for all of my cruises. i wish they can change it

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

they been doing this to me for all of my cruises. i wish they can change it

I don't worry about the split when I'm cruising with my husband, but when I was traveling with a friend I requested it all be put on my account since she was not a shareholder. They did it and sent me a new amenity confirmation. You could probably request it on the original request form too.