Warning: NCL Shareholder benefit change

nj_flyer

Well, I have a happy face story about shareholder credit.

We had two cruises booked, NCL Star visiting the Greek Islands last month, and NCL Dawn NYC - Quebec City later this month.

Submitted my request for shareholder credit some time ago, but didn't receive acknowledgement.

Getting close to Star cruise, fired off an email asking what was up.

While we were on that cruise we received a very nice call on our home phone voicemail from NCL explaining that they had been just swamped for a time and our Star credit was not posted in time. Instead they were posting an additional $100 credit to our Dawn cruise, so in the end we were made whole.

I'm fine with this and the voicemail was very calm, nice and sincere.

We're still happy with our NCL stock holdings.

gary

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my credit, it took exactly 7 days to arrive, they did not even email me (checked spam folder), it just appeared in my account without notification.

I have a question, I'm sure in the past it showed as a non refundable OBC, this time it is showing as 2x$100 and 1x$50 purchased credits, there is a link in each credit and if I click it i'm taken to the purchase page to buy more credits, as far as I know purchased credits are refundable.

Any thoughts is these will be refundable credits? They certainly look like it and that will be useful if we don't spend the full $250.

• 5 months later...
On 8/23/2019 at 2:49 PM, EmeraldCoastCruisers said:

Thank goodness I'm reading it doesn't affect the other perks!  I am considering NCL stock (if prices drop) so the beginning of this feed had me second guessing.  Glad I read through some of this!

The stock is at a 5 year low today. If you’re into cruising mainly with NCL, it may be time to buy. $32.00.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davencl said:

Bought it 6 weeks ago at 52 to get the OBC.  Sold it a couple of weeks later for 52.5. Sure glad I didn't hold on to it.  At 32 I am tempted to buy and hold...

Im sure you already know but it was around 28 earlier. 

• Like 1

I too was kind of bummed when I found you couldn't combine this with free at see.  But let's say you don't drink and want to book a guaranteed cabin for the 21 day upcoming canal cruise we are going on, you would get almost 10% of you investment back immediately.  I may still by a modest amount, say 100 shares today.  Once the drama is over, this should be an easy double if nothing else.  Some day, all the perks may disappear as well.  If I had any guts, I'd start loading up on some airlines, Boeing and Apple and hold on for the ride.

You absolutely can get this stockholder OBC with Free at Sea promotions. We have a cruise booked for April (booked last July) with FAS and free airfare - got stockholder OBC applied with no problem. Then yesterday paid to upgrade to a balcony cabin (for $13 more!) with all current FAS promos, including the extra OBC (lost free airfare, but had previously found cheap flights, so we were ok with that). While talking with our PCC to do that, he specifically made sure that the stockholder OBC wasn’t touched and remained on the account. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

You absolutely can get this stockholder OBC with Free at Sea promotions. We have a cruise booked for April (booked last July) with FAS and free airfare - got stockholder OBC applied with no problem. Then yesterday paid to upgrade to a balcony cabin (for $13 more!) with all current FAS promos, including the extra OBC (lost free airfare, but had previously found cheap flights, so we were ok with that). While talking with our PCC to do that, he specifically made sure that the stockholder OBC wasn’t touched and remained on the account. 

Yes you can.  This is the problem when people resurrect an old post, assume the OP was correct and don't read through the comments.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SedonaJoel said:

Bought today at $11.02 - may buy a bunch more.

Think hard about that.   This market isn't done going down yet, not even close, especially the cruise line and airline segments.   If NCL goes down much further and this quarantine lasts longer than the scheduled 30 days bankruptcy may be an option.  You don't want to buy and have worthless shares if that happens.

Remember, cheap stocks don't necessarily mean good stocks.

• 1 month later...

Brought NCLH @7.86 a few weeks and pick up another couple of '000 today @10.45.

Happy with Q1 earnings and forward guidance. They seem to have plenty of cash to weather the storm and starting to get some Buy ratings. 

NCLH management is strong and will undoubtedly be able drive the company to pre CV levels. It may take a couple of years. 

In the words of Winston Churchill "Never waste a good Crisis" 

It's just a pity the OBC is capped for Shareholder's alas every little bit helps 😁