When will we know Anthem's replacement in NJ?

JAMESCC

23 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

What is with all the hate for Anthem, I simply do not get it? The ship is huge, its beautiful, it has a ton of things to do and places to eat. For the life of me I do not get it. I LOVED Anthem. I love mega ships with tons of things to do. I loved the Esplanade. The food was excellent everywhere we ate. I'm at a loss for the hate this ship gets.

Agreed I love Anthem as well!  I'm hoping that the new Quantum plus / Quantum #5 ship home ports in NJ in 2020.

46 minutes ago, MacMarauder said:

Agreed I love Anthem as well!  I'm hoping that the new Quantum plus / Quantum #5 ship home ports in NJ in 2020.

3 hours ago, MagicMike said:

There is a new Quantum class ship coming in 2020, perhaps to Cape Liberty

Perhaps, but Quantum #5 isn't due until Fall of 2020, so that still leaves summer open. 

1 hour ago, Big_G said:

I'll give you the suite class on Celebrity but without it I'd be bored out of my mind on Summit. We just got off Equinox in a suite and while it was great, I never realized how much I enjoyed Royal's pub and piano bar. Don't get me wrong, we like Celebrity as much as Royal but their ships differ greatly. If I wasn't sailing in a suite I don't think I'd be sailing Celebrity as much.

I enjoy Royal ships- Oasis and Freedom- love the flow of the ships, the suite perks if in a suite- but great-  When it is my DH and I and we are looking for R&R, good food and service- we love Celebrity!  This december, we are sailing New Years week on the Celebrity Edge and the following week on the Harmony of the Seas- two great experiences.  But we really were very disappointed with the Quantum class ships and the Adventure-  Honestly I am tempted to try the Anthem of the Seas- but very hesitant.

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I enjoy Royal ships- Oasis and Freedom- love the flow of the ships, the suite perks if in a suite- but great-  When it is my DH and I and we are looking for R&R, good food and service- we love Celebrity!  This december, we are sailing New Years week on the Celebrity Edge and the following week on the Harmony of the Seas- two great experiences.  But we really were very disappointed with the Quantum class ships and the Adventure-  Honestly I am tempted to try the Anthem of the Seas- but very hesitant.

Haven't sailed a Quantum Class yet but did Adventure twice this year post refurb. She's a great ship. The only thing holding us back from Anthem is it's home port. Being from the northeast, we're not fans of sailing from here. We prefer a 3 hour flight to the warmth than a day and have cruise to it.

50 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Haven't sailed a Quantum Class yet but did Adventure twice this year post refurb. She's a great ship. The only thing holding us back from Anthem is it's home port. Being from the northeast, we're not fans of sailing from here. We prefer a 3 hour flight to the warmth than a day and have cruise to it.

Flying to Florida costs you two days travel in iffy winter weather plus cost of airfare and maybe a hotel.  Prefer to spend two cool days at sea.  Have sailed Explorer and Anthem from NJ in winter and never found cold to be a big deal.  Lots to do indoors.  Love the certainty that regardless of weather I can drive to ship. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cot427 said:

Perhaps, but Quantum #5 isn't due until Fall of 2020, so that still leaves summer open. 

Maybe it's my wishful thinking, but there was a thread that rumored an Oasis class in Bayonne for the Summer months.

4 hours ago, MacMarauder said:

Yes that is exactly what I'm hoping for as well. Quantum Ultra-class. That would be great. My wife and son LOVED the indoor pools. That space is so cool, just brilliant. 270 is one of the coolest rooms/spaces on any ship. I love Anthem.

On 11/5/2018 at 2:52 PM, JAMESCC said:

What is with all the hate for Anthem, I simply do not get it? The ship is huge, its beautiful, it has a ton of things to do and places to eat. For the life of me I do not get it. I LOVED Anthem. I love mega ships with tons of things to do. I loved the Esplanade. The food was excellent everywhere we ate. I'm at a loss for the hate this ship gets.

Agreed!  We have been on the Anthem 3 times and loved it!

• Like 1

We sailed Oasis twice and then went to Anthem and we loved the Anthem. In fact, we liked it so much we are on it 2 more times and are now waiting for the Ovation Alaska booking to be released to book that.   It seemed to have more to keep everybody occupied and we actually loved the little smaller size.  To go back on an Oasis class it would have to be in an Aqua Theater suite again as that offered the most ability to watch people and entertainment.

15 hours ago, crisndeefromde said:

I believe many have already stated that an Oasis class ship can't get under the bridge either

On the January 28th Anthem sail question was asked of the Captain during his Q&A

session about an Oasis class sailing out of Bayonne.  The Captain sure and can be done by collapsing the funnels. 

17 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Flying to Florida costs you two days travel in iffy winter weather plus cost of airfare and maybe a hotel.  Prefer to spend two cool days at sea.  Have sailed Explorer and Anthem from NJ in winter and never found cold to be a big deal.  Lots to do indoors.  Love the certainty that regardless of weather I can drive to ship. 

It's all a part of our vacation my friend. We usually fly 2 days early. Two nights in a resort, paint the town, and then board the ship. Priceless! 😁

3 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

We sailed Oasis twice and then went to Anthem and we loved the Anthem. In fact, we liked it so much we are on it 2 more times and are now waiting for the Ovation Alaska booking to be released to book that.   It seemed to have more to keep everybody occupied and we actually loved the little smaller size.  To go back on an Oasis class it would have to be in an Aqua Theater suite again as that offered the most ability to watch people and entertainment.

Ovation in Alaska has been released.

1 hour ago, Big_G said:

It's all a part of our vacation my friend. We usually fly 2 days early. Two nights in a resort, paint the town, and then board the ship. Priceless! 😁

We too fly down early for some extra fun in the sun.  However these days  flying isn't an enjoyable experience, so love being able to disembark in Bayonne, hop in car and be home for lunch.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

We too fly down early for some extra fun in the sun.  However these days  flying isn't an enjoyable experience, so love being able to disembark in Bayonne, hop in car and be home for lunch.

Yes sir I agree. Off the ship, in the car and home in 25-30 minutes. God I love it.