Carnival Airport Shuttle R/T

Markmom18

Hi,

Since I'll be going by myself on my DREAM cruise in Spring, my hubby has asked that I take Carnival's shuttle. So, I booked. My question is on the Port to Airport return trip. We're assuming they do indeed make sure that I'd get there in plenty of time to make my flight home.

Guess I need some positive input here, so I'm asking those who have taken the Carnival Shuttle, did  everything go as planned??

Thank you,

🌸🌸 Bobbi

I’ve used the Carnival shuttle several times. I’ve always gotten to the airport in plenty of time to make my flight. There are times listed as to what the earliest flight time you can have when using the shuttle, on the carnival excursion site. You didn’t mention which port/airport you will be using, but in my experience , carnival will get you to the airport with plenty of time to spare. As a matter of fact, they have gotten me there a bit too early. My last cruise, from Jacksonville, I had an 11:15 am flight and was at the airport (using the shuttle) by 9:00.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Since I'll be going by myself on my DREAM cruise in Spring, my hubby has asked that I take Carnival's shuttle. So, I booked. My question is on the Port to Airport return trip. We're assuming they do indeed make sure that I'd get there in plenty of time to make my flight home.

Guess I need some positive input here, so I'm asking those who have taken the Carnival Shuttle, did  everything go as planned??

Thank you,

🌸🌸 Bobbi

I was alone in LA and took the Carnival shuttle back to the airport.  As said before, that is their only function, so they have it down pretty good.  It was really smooth and I felt very comfortable with that choice.  

• Thanks 1

Just keep in mind that Carnival shuttle is typically the most expensive method you could possibly take. Just to put it into perspective a party of 4 at Port Everglades would be $63.96 if using the Carnival shuttle. In comparison, an UberXL (4 people with luggage) is less than $24. 

You may consider an Uber, Lyft or even a taxi. 

Hi,

Coevan, why are you replying at all?  You aren't helpful in the least.  Jeez .... find a list where you offer actual information, and not snide comments, like " The OP already said they were too paranoid".

I don't need your judgement call on my legit post here on the Board. 

Bobbi 

• Like 1

Now, thank you to the other posters. I do appreciate your input because you have actual experience. I don't mind waiting for the Shuttle to fill up. Gives me a great oppty to meet people, since I'm solo cruising (as I stated originally AND which is why my sweetie would like to me use Carnival Shuttle).  And, If no one feels like talking,  I always am reading a good book. 📚.

The cost is $23.99 each way. I'm perfectly fine with that amount. My flight is past 1:00pm,  so I'll be waiting around for awhile at the Airport, no matter how I'd get there.  

BTW, our son works for Carnival on the Fun Squad. He'll be aboard the ship!! That's him & I in my photo. 😁🛳

🌸🌸 

Bobbi 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Now, thank you to the other posters. I do appreciate your input because you have actual experience. I don't mind waiting for the Shuttle to fill up. Gives me a great oppty to meet people, since I'm solo cruising (as I stated originally AND which is why my sweetie would like to me use Carnival Shuttle).  And, If no one feels like talking,  I always am reading a good book. 📚.

The cost is $23.99 each way. I'm perfectly fine with that amount. My flight is past 1:00pm,  so I'll be waiting around for awhile at the Airport, no matter how I'd get there.  

BTW, our son works for Carnival on the Fun Squad. He'll be aboard the ship!! That's him & I in my photo. 😁🛳

🌸🌸 

Bobbi 

You will be fine with an afternoon flight after 1:00. Like you mentioned, you will be waiting around at the airport for your flight, which isn’t always a bad thing. It’s better than being stressed out that you’re stuck in traffic, long lines at the airport and any other unforeseen delay. Enjoy your cruise and your visit with your son!

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2018 at 10:26 PM, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Thank you,

🌸🌸 Bobbi

I have taken it numerous times.  They don't know when your flight is and they assume all flights out are within the recommended departure times.   Depending on when you debark, the buses may wait 5 minutes or 30 minutes for other passengers.  They do not wait until the bus is full.  They may wait until it is mostly full and the last bus will wait for stragglers.  There is a person who tells the drivers when to go.  I have been on half full buses and fuller buses.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

🌸🌸 

Bobbi 

That is awesome!!!! Have fun with your kiddo!!!! Awww... super sweet!! 

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2018 at 10:26 PM, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Thank you,

🌸🌸 Bobbi

I usually book cruise line transportation to get me back to airport, and have never had a problem. When you book, they often tell you to make sure your flight is after a certain time. I have Carnival transportation booked for my return trip to airport after my March Breeze Cruise, and feel very confident that I will arrive with plenty of time before my 2:30 flight.

• Thanks 1

Thank you!! Really thanks for sharing your positive experiences here on the board for me and also for others to read. 🙂🙂. There were no reviews for the Carnival Shuttle Service ( Carnival website) unlike most other "excursions". So, I didn't really know what to expect. That's why I asked here. 

Like a lot of married women, I usually travel with my husband. This is new territory for me, and I needed assurance.  Our son, Mark, is on the ship working and certainly doesn't get time off to pick up 'ol Mom from the airport!  😊🛬

Your reassurance has most definitely been very helpful. 

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

As a sometimes solo cruiser, the Carnival shuttle can be competitive or less expensive than an Uber or Lyft.  I have used it for Miami and I've always been happy with it.  Once in Port Everglades I didn't use it because the airport is so close, but I wish I had because the Lyft driver took forever to find the terminal I was at.    

• Thanks 1

Plumbjim, thanks for the info. Boy, how long is the construction going on?  The Carnival Shuttle Driver will be driving. My return flight doesn't leave till the late afternoon, and I'm off the ship at 9:30am. Springtime 2019.

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

13 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Plumbjim, thanks for the info. Boy, how long is the construction going on?  The Carnival Shuttle Driver will be driving. My return flight doesn't leave till the late afternoon, and I'm off the ship at 9:30am. Springtime 2019.

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

The driver will get you to the airport in plenty of time.  I do think the Carnival shuttle is the best option for novice solos here.  The rideshare area is difficult to find and my last time there, poorly marked.  

• Thanks 1

I have used them many times. I prefer the security of having a plan in place (and paid for) then going out and getting myself a shuttle or taxi.  Especially, when traveling solo.

That said, it is perfectly plausible you could be late for your flight if you have an early flight and don't debark in plenty of time. No one will come and find you and tell you to get on the bus. (Although, I guess they make you get off the ship if you try and linger. I've never personally stayed on board that long).   Like any transportation, you should allow for security at the airport, traffic and travel time. I am sure you will work that all out and leave the ship with plenty of time. Be sure and allow for the time in customs, also.

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2018 at 10:31 PM, Markmom18 said:

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

Construction will be going on thru the summer into fall.

• Thanks 1

I have confidence the Carnival Shuttle driver will be advised on alternate routes. But, seems like a headache for locals. I've lived in So Cal (Los Angeles suburbs) my entire life. So, I certainly understand & emphasize with the locals who will experience long term road closures--rerouting--etc etc.

🌸🌸 Bobbi

On 11/5/2018 at 7:26 PM, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

Thank you,

🌸🌸 Bobbi

That should be your last option , they wait and wait some more.