Going going gone sale

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As @twangster mentions, the GGG flier prices may or may not show up during a regular search. For this week's flier the effective date doesn't start till tomorrow.

The flyer price showed up (tried a few minutes ago) for one of the Wonder sailings we are booked on, but the sailing is next month and it is past final payment so we can't do anything (?or can we?).

Edited by Arzeena

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

it is past final payment so we can't do anything (?or can we?).

The only thing you could do is upgrade, if it makes sense. If you are booked with RCI, they may deny you because the deals are supposed to be for new bookings only.

All GGG deals are for sailings inside final payment.

• Thanks 1

I clicked on wonder seemed like a decent price, within $100 of what I paid for central park over a year ago, for boardwalk balcony, I was kinda interested, not booked until oct.

Clicked to see available rooms says that selection isnt available any more. Well darn. Maybe everyone here is also clicking but cant click thru. 

Wonder balcony cant get below 2k now, but a LOT of interior with virtual balcony for $1696 available. Never had one but price seems kinda ok, matches my old wonder booking a million years ago. Not cheap but in line imo, solo DP340 rate clicked. Dont know if that helps.

Wonder 7 days 

20240717_083328017.jpeg

20240717_083730955.jpeg

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I clicked on wonder seemed like a decent price, within $100 of what I paid for central park over a year ago, for boardwalk balcony, I was kinda interested, not booked until oct.

Clicked to see available rooms says that selection isnt available any more. Well darn. Maybe everyone here is also clicking but cant click thru. 

Wonder balcony cant get below 2k now, but a LOT of interior with virtual balcony for $1696 available. Never had one but price seems kinda ok, matches my old wonder booking a million years ago. Not cheap but in line imo, solo DP340 rate clicked. Dont know if that helps.

Wonder 7 days 

20240717_083328017.jpeg

20240717_083730955.jpeg

If there is only one or two cabins left then as people click on them it takes that cabin out of inventory while that potential guest goes through the booking process.  If that person decides not to go all the way or doesn't complete the booking that GGG cabin rate will eventually return to inventory for someone else to consider.

Depending how the potential guest exits or doesn't complete the booking the cabin can come back into inventory quickly or it can take 15 minutes for that cabin to return to inventory.  

For example, I was watching a balcony cabin for an upcoming transatlantic.  There was one such cabin.  I was booked in an interior.  The one available balcony cabin would disappear from inventory as people clicked on it doing a mock booking.  Then 15 minutes later it came back into inventory.  I kept checking until it was back in inventory and then I pounced on it and got it.  At that point there no more 2B cabins available so it was gone.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wonder 7 days 

20240717_083328017.jpeg

20240717_083730955.jpeg

What date is this?

And what date are you booked on Wonder in October?

The GGG prices I am seeing are coming up for Aug 25 sailing.

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

What date is this?

And what date are you booked on Wonder in October?

The GGG prices I am seeing are coming up for Aug 25 sailing.

Sept 8. Idk if you get any discount for a virtual balcony, inside, but now that good price for a boardwalk not showing. 

I'm not booked on wonder in oct. I think I said I'm not cruising until oct so I could do a cruise before then. I'm booked b4b on harmony starting oct 6. I had the 8 day perfect day booked already and asked my TA to make it worth flying to hobby and added 3 legs kind of randomly. The 8 day got up over $1700 pp so X 2 because coco cay special out of texas. I kept it and added a 6 day and 2 of the 7 days. I will know that ship inside out.

Wonder was showing cheaper than 8 days on adventure so I clicked. 

Sept 8 wonder .. virtual balcony or plain inside the deals to me. I'd rather have some view. 

20240717_092810933.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some Adventure, Freedom and Indy sailings have good fares this week. The Nov Indy sailings are around $40pppd base fare - though those are listed as having Labadee as the only stop. Very rare that one of the sailings is outside final payment.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

Still not as good as the deal I got on an allure 4-day sailing next month. $516 for a Central Park balcony (as a solo). I got that fare during one of the weeks they had 60% off the second cruiser, and then they emailed a promo code for $100 off a short sailing. Best deal I've gotten on a cruise so far. I didn't even want to take a cruise that week but the deal was so good I just had to book it 😂.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Still not as good as the deal I got on an allure 4-day sailing next month. $516 for a Central Park balcony (as a solo). I got that fare during one of the weeks they had 60% off the second cruiser, and then they emailed a promo code for $100 off a short sailing. Best deal I've gotten on a cruise so far. I didn't even want to take a cruise that week but the deal was so good I just had to book it 😂.

Who did you get the promo code from? And how do you get them?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise1957 said:

Who did you get the promo code from? And how do you get them?

It came from Royal Caribbean in an email. I usually just delete their emails but I must have done a quick glance at the preview of the email and saw the words "promo code" so I opened it. I tried to find it so I could post a photo but I must have deleted it. It came sometime in August cause that's when I made my booking.

I did realize when I went to enter the promo code in the booking, that there is a way to see if you have any promo codes available to you. There's a button you can click on in the booking process that says "apply promo code" or something like that, and when you click on it, it opens a box where you can enter the promo code, but underneath it there's another box that says "see if you have any promo codes" (or something along those lines).

The problem is that the promo code only came up 50% of the time when I was pricing out cruises, and the other 50% I had to copy and paste it from the email, so I wouldn't 100% trust that your available promo codes will pop up on their own. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

It came from Royal Caribbean in an email. I usually just delete their emails but I must have done a quick glance at the preview of the email and saw the words "promo code" so I opened it. I tried to find it so I could post a photo but I must have deleted it. It came sometime in August cause that's when I made my booking.

I did realize when I went to enter the promo code in the booking, that there is a way to see if you have any promo codes available to you. There's a button you can click on in the booking process that says "apply promo code" or something like that, and when you click on it, it opens a box where you can enter the promo code, but underneath it there's another box that says "see if you have any promo codes" (or something along those lines).

The problem is that the promo code only came up 50% of the time when I was pricing out cruises, and the other 50% I had to copy and paste it from the email, so I wouldn't 100% trust that your available promo codes will pop up on their own. 

I will have to start looking at those Royal emails before I delete them. Thank you so much.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I have a Boardwalk balcony on Allure for 12 nights solo at $845.  🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

I have a Boardwalk balcony on Allure for 12 nights solo at $845.  🙂

Great price if you want to do a Transatlantic in February with 2 stops. Better bring you woolies.

On 9/4/2024 at 12:06 PM, Biker19 said:

The Allure sailings seem to be on there every week now with the 11/4 sailing below $200pp base fare.

That's even better than the deal

I got on my Allure 9/30 ($516 for a solo CP balcony).

I'd be surprised if they're having trouble filling that ship. The other Oasis class doing 3/4 night cruises out of Miami is generally double the price (or more).