First Voyage of the Symphony of the Seas From Miami

On 11/9/2018 at 9:05 PM, FishOn55 said:

BirdTravels,

Thanks so much for taking time to post your live thread. I'll be sailing on the 2nd seven night sailing on Nov. 24th.

Were you driving yourself to the Terminal A parking garage? We will be parking  in the garage so I am confused where/when  we will drop our luggage off with a porter. Do passengers arriving by taxi/uber, etc. (not parking) use the same drop-off area as those parking in the garage? In the past we have always dropped off luggage and then parked the car. Does it work that way at the new terminal as well?

We drove up the ramp. Men were there to tell us to proceed to deck two where porters would take our luggage. The porters were waiting there with their big carts to load bags. They were very pleasant and quick with our bags. Then we had to go on up to deck four to find a space to park. Then you take your carry-on bags to any one of several elevators that take you to the check-in terminal. Suites and Pinnacle have one entrance, the rest of us have another. It went very fast, but be warned that your carry-ons must fit in their tubs to go through x-ray machines.

1 hour ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

We drove up the ramp. Men were there to tell us to proceed to deck two where porters would take our luggage. The porters were waiting there with their big carts to load bags. They were very pleasant and quick with our bags. Then we had to go on up to deck four to find a space to park. Then you take your carry-on bags to any one of several elevators that take you to the check-in terminal. Suites and Pinnacle have one entrance, the rest of us have another. It went very fast, but be warned that your carry-ons must fit in their tubs to go through x-ray machines.

Thank you so much for answering my post. I really appreciate your information detailing exactly what to expect when we arrive at the parking garage. The carry-on that I always take fits into the overhead bin of an airline. This should be no problem size wise then fitting into the ex-ray scanner tub. Correct? 

16 minutes ago, FishOn55 said:

Thank you so much for answering my post. I really appreciate your information detailing exactly what to expect when we arrive at the parking garage. The carry-on that I always take fits into the overhead bin of an airline. This should be no problem size wise then fitting into the ex-ray scanner tub. Correct? 

Yes, you are correct. I was surprised at the tubs. You must put everything you have in the tubs. You can use more than one tub, but the items must fit in the tub. I'm sure what fits in an overhead compartment will fit in the tub.

2 hours ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Did you happen to see where the accessible spaces are in the garage?

Just now, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

My guess would be they are the closest spaces to the elevators, but I must confess I wasn't looking for accessible parking. I wish I could be more helpful for you.

No worries just thought I'd ask. 😁

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Did ya find yourself in the video?

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Did ya find yourself in the video?

We were in this video though you will need a mega microscope to see us. We were seated in Deck Four Izumi Hibachi by the big circular windows and had a wonderful place to watch the fireworks. They were lovely and a nice surprise. 

We will be disembarking Sat January 26. We will having a shuttle pick us up to take us to a FLL beach hotel on Seabreeze.  We will not be in a rush as the hotel will not be,ready.  We are Canadians so would be using international line.

What time should we tell the shuttle to pick us up?  

On 11/12/2018 at 8:09 PM, BirdTravels said:

Several different Escape Rooms are offered on the ship. Join a team to solve the Royal Heist in a complimentary escape room. 

You have to solve a series of puzzles to get parts of the final puzzle. 45 minutes to escape or be locked in On Air forever. 

760E764D-42AA-4F09-8E02-5E964024443E.jpeg

Are there different escape room locations?  On the Harmony there was just one. 

14 minutes ago, truffles2 said:

Escape the Rubicon was open on the transatlantic.  It was a tough one.  I think the cost was about $20.00.

We didn't escape:classic_sad:

In the Royal Heist, our team successfully solved all of the puzzles in the room. But failed to use the resulting clues to come up with our final answer. None of the teams got the correct final answer during our session. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 6:26 PM, Firegirl042 said:

Thank you so much for this amazing review @Bird Travels! I really appreciate everything you shared with us. I'll be on Symphony on December 1st, and you've made my planning so much easier! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. 

Have a wonderful cruise! The Symphony is a beautiful ship.