First Voyage of the Symphony of the Seas From Miami

Join the Bird on the very first voyage of the new and beautiful Symphony of the Seas sailing out of her new home port of Miami. The Symphony maiden voyage was in April 2018 where she spent the summer season sailing the Mediterranean out of Barcelona. The Symphony has just completed her first 12-day transatlantic voyage from Barcelona, arriving in Miami. We embarked the Symphony using the brand new Crown of Miami Terminal A at the Port of Miami, purpose-built by Royal Caribbean to support Oasis class ships. Our 4-night holiday weekend voyage calling at Cozumel. 

Fri - Miami, Florida

Sat - At Sea

Sun - Cozumel, Mexico

Mon - At Sea

Tue - Miami, Florida

• Haha 1

The beautiful new Crown of Miami Terminal A

WARNING WARNING WARNING

The terminal construction is not complete. The roadways beyond Terminal B are a mess. At one point, it narrows to one lane, total. There is a flag man directing traffic, one direction at a time. 6000 passenger trying to get in/out of the terminal with only one lane. Once you get past the one lane, 4 lanes of inbound traffic (cars, ubers, taxis, trailers of provisions) narrow to 2 at the drop off curb (took us over 30 mins to get from entrance to Terminal A to the drop off curb at 10:00). 

66ED3862-94B8-462C-925B-30E0FD483AD2.jpeg

F49FEF7C-B20D-4448-B331-6D2FEDD75A83.jpeg

55775325-1621-4161-95B9-CC4A8584103E.jpeg

ACD241A8-7B8D-452D-8A2B-D196A940F10B.jpeg

93BAA949-363B-437A-A629-E32BD0D2D6E0.jpeg

D10DF3F7-7F94-400B-B18B-08CD3281D826.jpeg

B391AABB-26C8-4CC7-BD41-6B1D9DEA62F1.jpeg

8DD164CD-9E1B-4F2F-A09C-A0A7F5648912.jpeg

6C86BA53-7502-4512-9A2E-ABA85EFCFB0D.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BillOh said:

Are you planning updates during the week here?

I will be live posting. It’s a short cruise and there was just a wonderful live post from the transatlantic, so we’ll have some limited ship photos. I’ll answet questions and do some food pics along the way. 

Here’s a few examples of a few of my live posts this year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

0ACCA539-B0A6-4292-81B4-1E09BAEA7B3F.jpeg

213B2D1F-8E87-42BA-BBA6-49FE1E7CBF95.jpeg

6339C6D3-A1E8-467B-9765-F12300000D18.jpeg

D8F12015-470B-457C-BD7A-A1143DED2FE3.jpeg

8 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. And those onboard today are happy that the ship cleared customs yesterday. 

Hi! Thank you for the pictures and the daily schedule. We will be on The Symphony of the Seas in January and your posts are the best ever, especially the photos and daily schedule. Keep it up! Looks like an amazing ship!

BirdTravels,

Thanks so much for taking time to post your live thread. I'll be sailing on the 2nd seven night sailing on Nov. 24th.

Were you driving yourself to the Terminal A parking garage? We will be parking  in the garage so I am confused where/when  we will drop our luggage off with a porter. Do passengers arriving by taxi/uber, etc. (not parking) use the same drop-off area as those parking in the garage? In the past we have always dropped off luggage and then parked the car. Does it work that way at the new terminal as well?

35 minutes ago, FishOn55 said:

BirdTravels,

Thanks so much for taking time to post your live thread. I'll be sailing on the 2nd seven night sailing on Nov. 24th.

Were you driving yourself to the Terminal A parking garage? We will be parking  in the garage so I am confused where/when  we will drop our luggage off with a porter. Do passengers arriving by taxi/uber, etc. (not parking) use the same drop-off area as those parking in the garage? In the past we have always dropped off luggage and then parked the car. Does it work that way at the new terminal as well?

Don’t know. We caught a taxi into the port. Looks like the parking entrance is before the traffic jam. The structure is attached to the terminal.