Any bloggers in Jan 2019?

dritan

Hi

With most world cruises starting in Jan, I thought now would be a good time to ask if anyone is blogging their upcoming journey?

Would love to do a world cruise but thats likely to be at least 15 years away. So in the meantime...... 😁

Thanks Heidi13 - I'll definitely read your previous world cruise blog entries.  And Scrapnana, your trip sounds intriguing - I've enjoyed your previous blogs - particularly like the trivia questions you add 😉

I've book marked both your blogs.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:34 AM, dritan said:

Hi

With most world cruises starting in Jan, I thought now would be a good time to ask if anyone is blogging their upcoming journey?

Would love to do a world cruise but thats likely to be at least 15 years away. So in the meantime...... 😁

Hi Im back on the Queen Victoria in February for her world cruise the blog will follow on from this blog here if you are interested..

https://butarewethereyet.blogspot.com

Good travels Scrapnana, Ill be following your trip as well, will miss you on the Victoria...

Edited by roscoe39
  • Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 12:49 AM, Scrapnana said:

Not a world cruise but I am doing an 80-day South America/Antarctica cruise in January.  I will be writing a blog and I know at least one other person will also.

https://2019halgv.blogspot.com/

Awesome! That will be our first long cruise in 2020 (I think). Will follow along on your blog.  🙂

12 hours ago, Guinness1000 said:

Awesome! That will be our first long cruise in 2020 (I think). Will follow along on your blog.  🙂

the south american trip is pretty amazing,  I did it in 2014, the around south america blog is previous to this entry

https://roscoesseafever.blogspot.com/2014/02/prepare-to-be-boarded-pitcairn-island.html

which goes right back to Rio if you want to see what you are in for. South America has become a preferable area to cruise around rather than the med to me now, much more interesting and the people are less over the influx of tourists that has happened in Europe.

You will have an amazing trip.

4 hours ago, dritan said:

Fab!  Thanks for the links everyone and the tips - excited about that Insignia 2019 world cruise - maybe they will do a similar itinerary in 15 years time - best get saving now 😉

Very true about saving...I've been saving since 1990!

Our itinerary (Oceania Insignia 2019) contains virtually all the rest of my bucket list places or my favorite places....the only one left will be a circumnavigation of South America, which I'm hoping to do in the next year or 2. From then on I'll be happy to go anywhere...and plan to travel around the USA more.

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 11:31 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

I won't be blogging during my 2019 Oceania world cruise, but plan to start a "Live From" thread on the Oceania board.  This way any of my fellow passengers can post and share their experiences too.  Feel free to check it out!  🌏  🛳️

I will contribute to this thread as well...for the entire 180 days, hopefully...:classic_smile:

I'm hoping to blog while we're on Crystal's world cruise that starts in Jan.

I've had several of my own blogs (not cruise related) and maintained blogs for clients but never done one while we've been on a cruise. It's already started (barely). Crystal World Cruise 2019 also called Opals and Romeos ....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Any opinions on what's better, wordpress or blogspot?  Or just plain posting to CC.  Or...?

Like most things you will get different opinions.

Over the years I used Blogger.  I tried Word Press and didn't care for it but I know plenty of people who prefer it.

Blogger doesn't have advertising and no cost.  Word Press has advertising unless you pay for it.

In my case after many years of Blogger and trying out Word Press I evolved to a lesser known one called Weebly and do pay for it although they also have a free version.

My recommendation try them all out and see which one, if any, you feel more comfortable with.

I do like keeping blogs so we have history of our trips but I will also do some live reports on CC while also doing the blog.

Keith

18 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Any opinions on what's better, wordpress or blogspot?  Or just plain posting to CC.  Or...?

I researched most of the blog options available when I started mine back in 2014 - Wordpress.com, Wordpress.org, blogger/blogspot, Weebly, Wix.

Quickly removed Wordpress.org as it requires knowledge of coding and web design, also removed blogspot as it is owned by Google and their terms & conditions were onerous. While remote, it could also be dropped by Google at any time.

Wordpress.com had extensive help and tutorials and the most themes, so opted for Wordpress. For a complete novice the help and tutorials were invaluable in negotiating the learning curve.

With Wordpress you do have a free option, but it does limit the number of themes and the storage. It also subjects your readers to adverts. 

I haven't really journalled my trips in the past, except for postings to FB and CC, mainly because I don't have a proper keyboard with me. I remember when I got my first smartphone I posted from one of the ships, but the posts were short, twitter-like punchy stuff.  Fun, but not what I want this time, I think.  Other times I'm just posted when I could to CC, although mostly I do it after the fact, i.e., when I get home.  But then I forget a lot of detail.  This time I'd expect to have my laptop along, and time on my hands.  So I might have time to get contemplative instead of just taking photos of food.

12 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I toyed with the idea of blogging but it ended up sounding like more work than I wish to put forth when the point of the world cruise is to relax and enjoy the many countries.  So instead, I'll be doing a "Live From" thread on the Oceania board.....sounds easier PLUS it will allow any CC member passenger to post to it too....more diversity of experiences.  It also will allow those of us on the cruise to stay in touch with each other and share news/needs. 

12 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I toyed with the idea of blogging but it ended up sounding like more work than I wish to put forth when the point of the world cruise is to relax and enjoy the many countries.  So instead, I'll be doing a "Live From" thread on the Oceania board.....sounds easier PLUS it will allow any CC member passenger to post to it too....more diversity of experiences.  It also will allow those of us on the cruise to stay in touch with each other and share news/needs. 

Go-Bucks, I've done that once or twice, but even that is a burden, athough I may do a "Live From" thread, or participate in a joint one. Then probably opt for just my own journal--I like to write, and get down impressions of places. .  It's only the length of the cruise with the number of sea days, and my own keyboard that would make me even think of doing this. Then I can post what and if I like.  I like posting on Facebook too, and my friends there are very different from my cruise buddies on CC, and I can broaden my comments a bit and say things I wouldn't say on CC. 

Just thought I'd explore the blogging sw.  I have two years, after all, lol!