Edge to charge for room service?

WonderMan3

On another board someone is reporting that they called Celebrity and got confirmation that Room Service will be a charge on Edge; $7.95 per order plus 18% gratutity regardless of what is ordered. Has this been discussed before? First I am hearing of it. No word on whether if suites will be charged also or whether this will spread to the rest of the fleet. (I am guessing it will if it works as they want it to on Edge.)

Is  this after breakfast hours?  Thought that's what the discussion concluded but it was not  clear?

We do not use RS very much but for breakfast it is handy..We,ll have to pack a small tray to haul our  food back to our room!

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Is  this after breakfast hours?  Thought that's what the discussion concluded but it was not  clear?

We do not use RS very much but for breakfast it is handy..We,ll have to pack a small tray to haul our  food back to our room!

They are saying it is across the board. Where was this discussed before?

41 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

On another board someone is reporting that they called Celebrity and got confirmation that Room Service will be a charge on Edge; $7.95 per order plus 18% gratutity regardless of what is ordered. Has this been discussed before? First I am hearing of it. No word on whether if suites will be charged also or whether this will spread to the rest of the fleet. (I am guessing it will if it works as they want it to on Edge.)

Yes, I heard that but not clear. Is that on all orders o after certain time

please someone clarify

thanks getty123 or jc  

This is a link to a link...I found it on main  Celeb board but I think it had to do with something seen on the Celeb App which I cannot access...the charges appear to begin after 10 a,m...???????

Edited by hcat

5 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

This is what it shows now. So apparently they changed it back to $4.95 for the overnight service only since that post was from November 3rd. They must have gotten backlash.

Yep. Just a couple of days ago the app was showing the $7.95 charge for our January Edge cruise, with no exemption for suite guests. Now it's $4.95 overnight with no charge for suites.

It may have been an error on the App as VT suggested. Celebrity’s website was not showing any change to the complimentary 6:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. Room Service policy for Edge bookings.  No regular charge was on the App for the preview cruises but there was a typo indicating the overnight service fee for non-suites at $4.99 instead of $4.95 on the preview cruises which was also corrected.

Here’s the previous discussion:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2601013-room-service-charge-on-edge/

• 2 weeks later...

Not to change the subject but I watched a video of O"Shehans showing the menu. That too says you will be hit with a service charge, fees etc. I guess NCL hired someone from a Cellphone billing company. so many hidden fees. Is there a place I can go online to see a list of them so I know what to avoid? Is the TP still free in the cabin or is the a limit on usage?

On 11/13/2018 at 9:05 PM, TexSea said:

Yep. Just a couple of days ago the app was showing the $7.95 charge for our January Edge cruise, with no exemption for suite guests. Now it's $4.95 overnight with no charge for suites.

These are standard  X room svc charges that have been in effect..No charge for suites or non overnight orders

Breakfast in room still free.... but most rooms in need of a table!

8 minutes ago, Sky111 said:

Not to change the subject but I watched a video of O"Shehans showing the menu. That too says you will be hit with a service charge, fees etc. I guess NCL hired someone from a Cellphone billing company. so many hidden fees. Is there a place I can go online to see a list of them so I know what to avoid? Is the TP still free in the cabin or is the a limit on usage?

Who is O Shehans....This is Celebrity not NCL ....and what is TP???

Sorry I am not up to date with the lingo...

2 hours ago, hcat said:

These are standard  X room svc charges that have been in effect..No charge for suites or non overnight orders

Breakfast in room still free.... but most rooms in need of a table!

The cynic in me thinks they left tables out on purpose and were going to charge a fee (until they got a backlash) as they want to discourage people from using room service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2018 at 2:56 PM, hcat said:

This is a link to a link...I found it on main  Celeb board but I think it had to do with something seen on the Celeb App which I cannot access...the charges appear to begin after 10 a,m...???????

This is not for just the Edge.  It is across Celebrity.

• 3 weeks later...

Jelayne

are you in a suite?  Or does no charge applicable to all types of rooms?  On RCCL allure. They don’t charge for continental breakfast but charge for everything else.  Movies $12, popcorn $2.50, etc.  it’s becoming the Spirit Airlines of cruise lines.  Will never do RCCL again. We were last in about 12 years ago.  Quality deteriorated significantly, ship is filthy, way too many people.  Like Celebrity but if they start nickel and diming, not sure we’ll return.  

43 minutes ago, PINEY10 said:

Jelayne

are you in a suite?  Or does no charge applicable to all types of rooms?  On RCCL allure. They don’t charge for continental breakfast but charge for everything else.  Movies $12, popcorn $2.50, etc.  it’s becoming the Spirit Airlines of cruise lines.  Will never do RCCL again. We were last in about 12 years ago.  Quality deteriorated significantly, ship is filthy, way too many people.  Like Celebrity but if they start nickel and diming, not sure we’ll return.  

I agree completely.