Alcohol package upgrade

dcocke

In the last few months there have been two (2) opportunities.

There is NO schedule for these offerings... watch and jump on it, if offered otherwise wait until boarding to see if there are any there.. sometimes there are, most often there are not.

bon voyage

As Bo says, yes. We upgraded from classic to prem during a weekend sale when the cost to upgrade was 20% off. 

Please note - we are on a cruise in December 2018 and booked before X increased the price of both standard and classic bev packages. For new bookings (I believe) difference between Classic and Prem is $10 + 18% gratuity. This is LESS than when we booked (for our sailing, the difference between classic and prem was $14 + 18%)

SO now that the difference in price between packages is lower than it was, it's hard to say if the sale offer will be the same.

For some history, there was a sale at the end of July, 2018 and again in late October for our sailing. The sale included upgrading the bev package as well as a sale on wifi packages and some shore excursions. Don't know if the sale is fleet/sailing wide or offered on selected sailings only though I've read that these offers are generally NOT offered on TA sailings. 

If you can not get a deal to upgrade and have to do it onboard.....Don't use the first person who asks..........

WAIT & Go to the bar you will regularly use and ask the server if they usually work at this bar (On embarkation day they sometimes have swing people filling in at popular spots)

Upgrade with the server you will hopefully see everyday...they will remember you because, according to these boards, they get at least a piece of the gratuity from your upgrade.

• Like 1

My last cruise on the Reflection 10 nights, I had the Classic Package, I was offered to upgrade to Premium Package on embarkation while having lunch in MDR.

I thought it was a good deal, at the time, a waiter offered me the difference of 10 days for the price of 8 days.

On my next cruise next year I also have the Classic Package, I will not upgrade.

4 hours ago, mmsJack said:

As Bo says, yes. We upgraded from classic to prem during a weekend sale when the cost to upgrade was 20% off. 

Please note - we are on a cruise in December 2018 and booked before X increased the price of both standard and classic bev packages. For new bookings (I believe) difference between Classic and Prem is $10 + 18% gratuity. This is LESS than when we booked (for our sailing, the difference between classic and prem was $14 + 18%)

SO now that the difference in price between packages is lower than it was, it's hard to say if the sale offer will be the same.

For some history, there was a sale at the end of July, 2018 and again in late October for our sailing. The sale included upgrading the bev package as well as a sale on wifi packages and some shore excursions. Don't know if the sale is fleet/sailing wide or offered on selected sailings only though I've read that these offers are generally NOT offered on TA sailings. 

Pretty sure the Classic price increase is based on the cruise departure date rather than the booking date. So for departures on or after 1/1/19 the Classic is now $59 plus 18% and the upgrade will be $10 +18% unless you find a sale.

43 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Pretty sure the Classic price increase is based on the cruise departure date rather than the booking date. So for departures on or after 1/1/19 the Classic is now $59 plus 18% and the upgrade will be $10 +18% unless you find a sale.

Yup - You well may be correct... 

I've read some conflicting info on the timing of the new pricing & thus included the *I believe* disclaimer. 

Not sure when the OP is traveling but I can report that a discount on the bev package upgrade was available a couple times for our sailing in December and we can't wait for 🍹on our 🛳️!

I suspect there will be sales this coming Friday since it's Black Friday and RCL had great discounts on beverage packages, excursions, etc, during that sale.

I upgraded during the previous sale, but couldn't do it online.  I guess since my package was a perk, it didn't "know" that I had it so I had to call to get the upgrade.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I suspect there will be sales this coming Friday since it's Black Friday and RCL had great discounts on beverage packages, excursions, etc, during that sale.

I upgraded during the previous sale, but couldn't do it online.  I guess since my package was a perk, it didn't "know" that I had it so I had to call to get the upgrade.

Has anyone seen Black Friday discounts on beverage packages?   Are they through Celebrity or something a TA offers for new bookings?

29 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Has anyone seen Black Friday discounts on beverage packages?   Are they through Celebrity or something a TA offers for new bookings?

This weekend a popular TA will let you upgrade to Go Best/all four perks for $200 on a 7 night cruise. Google a little bit and you should be able to find it.