booking on board?

39august

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Is there still a reduced deposit for booking while on board and do we still get OBC? 

There is still reduced deposit if you opt for a non-refundable deposit.  There is also OBC for the future cruise.

Only difference we found last week was the elimination of the extra $100 OBC for booking more than six months out.  

My $.02 is that if you know exactly what you want, getting the OBC and the reduced deposit is worth it.  I've heard too many horror stories of folks going into Next Cruise not prepared and getting sold on things they don't want by salespeople who know little more (or even less) than they do.  I've never had an issue since I have the salesperson go right to the sailing/room I've already found and just book it from there.

30 minutes ago, 39august said:

So, no reduced deposit with refundable fare?  OBC only. Husky, you are so right that the sales people usually don't know much!

That's correct.  You only get a reduced deposit with the non refundable one

We sometimes stop by to talk to the sales staff if they aren't with someone.  Most of the time they know pretty much nothing - just reading off what is available on the website and asking if you want to book it.  And they often seem impatient and uninterested while doing so.

Edited by bouhunter

10 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

We sometimes stop by to talk to the sales staff if they aren't with someone.  Most of the time they know pretty much nothing - just reading off what is available on the website and asking if you want to book it.  And they often seem impatient and uninterested while doing so.

My impressions as well....

13 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Never have run into any of the issues cited.

The only issue we have is they try to sell you more than you want.  They seem to quote the highest cabin type in each category.

We make an appointment, show up prepared, and have received excellent service.

46 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

<<<SNIP>>>

We make an appointment, show up prepared, and have received excellent service.

That's what we do and I believe the best advice.

As with any salespeople, sometimes you get good ones and sometimes not so good....

T

Even if you don't have any WiFi package you can go on the RCL website on their computers and decide exactly what you want, write down the prices, and be sure you get that price.  Worked for us twice on the Anthem and Mariner.  The only disadvantage is if you will be a  higher CAS rating after the cruise you could wait until you get home to get a better price for balcony and above.

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

Even if you don't have any WiFi package you can go on the RCL website on their computers and decide exactly what you want, write down the prices, and be sure you get that price.  Worked for us twice on the Anthem and Mariner.  The only disadvantage is if you will be a  higher CAS rating after the cruise you could wait until you get home to get a better price for balcony and above.

Not sure if they can still do this or not but the cruise where we attained Diamond we booked a couple of next cruises and they applied the new discount for us.