Sure looks like a HAL ship used to sell a $5 million property in SF

OlsSalt

Found in a real estate ad for a $5 million duplex on the famous winding Lombard Street in San Francisco - the appeal was selling the sweeping views from the top story unit and here is what they thought was a great view - sure looks like a HAL funnel to me - Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam  -- ever in SF??? (Sorry about the double photo - learning how to drag and click a screen shot)

552851680_ScreenShot2018-11-22at8_34_41AM.thumb.png.4e49f1b466ae83842ee07afa860c3da4.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 8.34.41 AM.png

Edited by OlsSalt
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Found in a real estate ad for a $5 million duplex on the famous winding Lombard Street in San Francisco - the appeal was selling the sweeping views from the top story unit and here is what they thought was a great view - sure looks like a HAL funnel to me - Eurodam or Nieuw Amsterdam  -- ever in SF??? (Sorry about the double photo - learning how to drag and click a screen shot)

26 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Sure appears to be a Signature-class ship with the Tamarind/Tamarind Bar mid-ships. Eurodam made a stop in the city by the bay this year on 05 May on her way to Seattle, while Nieuw A skipped SF on her way to Vancouver, In 2017 both ships skipped SF

3 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Eurodam was also in SF Oct 20, 2017, as it repositioned to FLL. I know, because we got on it. However, if that is an after dusk pic, it wasn't then, as we sailed at 5pm. But maybe pre-dawn? 

Thanks Bruce! I didn't look at the repos back south. Nieuw A was also in SF on 03 Oct 2017

Looks like another clue - is that not a full moon on the far low horizon over the East Bay Contra Costa hills?

Oct 24 - full moon for SF area: https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/usa/san-francisco

Thanks for all the detailed feedback. The hint of the blue hull and the lovely lines made me want to think it was a HAL ship - yes, mid upper deck - Tamarind - yea! And fuzzy as they are the logo on the funnels looked very familiar. 

Edited by OlsSalt

7 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Looks like another clue - is that not a full moon on the far low horizon over the East Bay Contra Costa hills?

Oct 24 - full moon for SF area: https://www.timeanddate.com/moon/phases/usa/san-francisco

Thanks for all the detailed feedback. The hint of the blue hull and the lovely lines made me want to think it was a HAL ship - yes, mid upper deck - Tamarind - yea! And fuzzy as they are the logo on the funnels looked very familiar. 

I don't see a full moon. Lens trick.

Full real estate ad - photo #25, and a hint of the ship in photo #20.  https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1047-1049-Lombard-St_San-Francisco_CA_94109_M24940-20649#photo24

Some ads from other real estate sites for the same property do not include this evening photo of what we think was the Eurodam, but this linked spread has it if full enhanced sunset (moonrise?) glory.  The other photos do confirm it was a night of the full moon over Coit Tower- Oct 24 or thereabouts?

Burning question -  which would you choose?  Spend one tenth the amount cruising the entire world on HAL ships or looking at a HAL ship for one day out of this SF duplex window?

Edited by OlsSalt