Upgrade offer confusion

SoberJulie

I was just sent an upgrade offer. We are currently Aqua and only booked a couple weeks ago. 

When we booked, there were no suites of any kind available....but now there’s Sky suite, and 2 above that level (I forget the suite names) available to bid on. 

I dont understand how how this works ....did celebrity hold back rooms for the purpose of the move up program? 

4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

No, probably not. There are just a number of cancellations after final payment.  I know of one person on our sailing in 3 days that cancelled yesterday.

Ahh, ok. 

Well....fingers crossed. I bid on all 3 in the hopes of getting one 👍🏻

First Happy Thanksgiving!!

One more move-up question. Also just received the move-up email.  If we bid, do we have to take cabin offered or can we change location? I have issues with motions sickness, and locations too far forward or too back aft is a big issue.

Thanks

From the FAQ's you can not choose your location.

I have a different issue, I have tried three browsers and cannot make a bid moving the slider. I tried on my iPhone and it just shows me a static price and no ability to bid. It's being a real 'turkey'. 😉

Happy Thanksgiving one and all.

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

First Happy Thanksgiving!!

One more move-up question. Also just received the move-up email.  If we bid, do we have to take cabin offered or can we change location? I have issues with motions sickness, and locations too far forward or too back aft is a big issue.

Thanks

You may want to read the details of the Move Up program on  celebrity website.  For example. If you currently have just 1 perk on your existing booking and you bid on a Suite you do not get the 4 perks associated with a suite, nor do you get the Captains clubs points.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

You may want to read the details of the Move Up program on  celebrity website.  For example. If you currently have just 1 perk on your existing booking and you bid on a Suite you do not get the 4 perks associated with a suite, nor do you get the Captains clubs points.

Thank you. I’m ok without additional perks and I don’t particularly care about the additional points (although I might if I decide to book again!)

we are first time cruisers. We’ve always traveled to an all inclusive resort, so a cruise seems like an exciting way to see more than one destination and ...well the FOOD! People’s descriptions have me dreaming about meals 😂

I suppose another drawback would be once you’ve travelled in a suite, it would be hard to book anything less in the future 🤷🏼‍♀️

14 minutes ago, SoberJulie said:

I suppose another drawback would be once you’ve travelled in a suite, it would be hard to book anything less in the future 

You took the words right out of my mouth.  I've never been in a suite (yet) - can't wait to try one day when the price is right for me, but I'm worried I'll never want to go back! :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

We currently have 3 perks through Celebrity and our TA and are Elite Plus and will never make Zenith, so those aren't issues. The location of the sky suite is the only issue.

7 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

We currently have 3 perks through Celebrity and our TA and are Elite Plus and will never make Zenith, so those aren't issues. The location of the sky suite is the only issue.

Are there undesirable sky suites? Or obstructed balconies?

Some Sky Suites on S class ships are under the buffet.  Depending on how far aft there can be noise from moving carts about.  We've been in the ones closer to the elevators, under the carpeted dining area and they were fine.  Sailing in our 1st suite over New Years 5 years ago, the suite and benefits out weight any noise issues.  Be aware, once you are in a suite you may never look back.  We didn't. :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

If the Aft cabins are unacceptable to you, I recommend that you do not bid in any category.  In fact our favorite SS1 cabins are the corner AFT location.  Even if Celebrity would allow you to change locations it is very unlikely that in other cabins would be available after the bids are accepted.

Furthemore the terms of the bid process does not allow you to reject the upgrade once the bid is accepted. 

Personally I would not find the locations of any suite cabin undesirable, but some locations are better than others.  

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

If the Aft cabins are unacceptable to you, I recommend that you do not bid in any category.  In fact our favorite SS1 cabins are the corner AFT location.  Even if Celebrity would allow you to change locations it is very unlikely that in other cabins would be available after the bids are accepted.

Furthemore the terms of the bid process does not allow you to reject the upgrade once the bid is accepted. 

Personally I would not find the locations of any suite cabin undesirable, but some locations are better than others.  

Thanks, for your input. I guess we will have to pass on the upgrade bid. We once went to a pre-dinner cocktail party in a corner aft suite and, even after taking Bonine,I had to leave within 5 minutes of arriving. 

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

Thanks, for your input. I guess we will have to pass on the upgrade bid. We once went to a pre-dinner cocktail party in a corner aft suite and, even after taking Bonine,I had to leave within 5 minutes of arriving. 

I understand your pain.  We rarely book suites due to what I consider outrageous pricing, but a few years ago we found a reasonable one and booked it.  Amazing suite - corner aft S1.  But there were days I really regretted our decision as the room swayed back and forth and up and down, and...………...you get the picture.  

2 hours ago, fsr44 said:

I made a bid, and when I go back to the link, it shows that I bid, but I didn't receive and confirmation email.  Do they confirm receipt of your bid via email (whether or not it's accepted)?

Yes, we received a confirmation e mail the same day as we bid.  There was a link giving us the opportunity to cancel or modify our bid.

We just received a Move Up email for our January 5 cruise on Infinity.  We are in a Concierge cabin and would love to upgrade to Aqua Class, but when I saw that you couldn’t choose your cabin, I checked the location of the Aqua Class cabins onboard.  Most are under the pool or under the buffet.  As much as we would love to dine in Blu, it’s not worth the risk to possibly end up with a noisy cabin in a location we don’t like.

This is just to all those who haven’t been in a suite and are “worried” about the potential of not being satisfied in the future of being in a lowly balcony or the like... Don’t be.    I haven’t had any trouble tolerating a smaller cabin.   I actually “sat” in our suite bathroom a little longer just to take in the view...can you say stupid?   Sure...nice bathroom but get a grip!   How long do you spend in there?!   As for Michael’s Club, that too was nice but inside and no view and I much prefer otherwise.  I have enjoyed Blu over Luminae but every cruise is different so that could have been an aberration.  

Soooo....other than an inside cabin (sorry, just can’t tolerate) I am just so thrilled to be on ship going anywhere and for the longer, the better.  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, we received a confirmation e mail the same day as we bid.  There was a link giving us the opportunity to cancel or modify our bid.

Thank you.  I emailed them to ask what the issue was.