Black Friday Deal(s)?

JennAngel9

Got an email suggesting that Celebrity's Black Friday deal is the ability to book my next cruise for a $25 deposit.

Is that going to be the entirety of the deal? We were thinking of waiting to book ShoreEx for a Dec 2018 cruise in hopes there would be some sort of discount offer.

Assuming this is the best deal we have, is there any reason we can't book like 3 consecutive cruises (with a $25pp/cruise deposit) and then keep the 1 or 2 we want when it gets to final payment? Is this frowned upon? With our work schedules, it's hard to commit more than 3-4mo in advance.

Any other lines have better deals?  We need to be thinking about summer 2019 and winter 2019 cruises anyway. 😉

The UK black friday deal is a bit of a joke. It claims it's buy one fare get the second half price on select sailings from Southampton with a classic beverage package and $200 OBC added. 

However pricing is no lower than it was a week ago in real terms. They must really think their passengers are idiots. :(

• Like 2

I was interested in booking an Edge cruise in 2020 and assumed it was a $25 deposit as promoted. Then it got to the bottom line and they wanted $500, about $700 Cdn. non-refundable. 14 months from now! No thanks. Back to NCL where they always have small refundable deposits. 

8 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

I was interested in booking an Edge cruise in 2020 and assumed it was a $25 deposit as promoted. Then it got to the bottom line and they wanted $500, about $700 Cdn. non-refundable. 14 months from now! No thanks. Back to NCL where they always have small refundable deposits. 

If it said it was eligible then just phone it in or get your TA to do it. Also sometimes you can just enter $50 in the other amount box. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Meant to be also a saving on price (but then that applies to every 'sale'), and a discount on 3/4 rates.

The 3rd/4th rate discount is appealing to me...but nowhere near as appealing as kids sail free. 😉  Didn't make it far enough through the booking process to see how steep the discount is.  Did anybody else?  Meanwhile, RCL and NCL has a variety of sailings offering kids sail free.... but of course none in July or late December.  C'est la vie.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:05 AM, Cruise Junky said:

If it said it was eligible then just phone it in or get your TA to do it. Also sometimes you can just enter $50 in the other amount box. 

Ok, it's in the small print if course. Edge is excluded. 

Just booked a $25 deposit cruise promo for 2020 Southern Caribbean cruise......balcony with one perk ( I chose classic BEV)..... so let’s suppose in the next few months a better promo comes out like many times in the past where a  balcony cabin booking = 2 perks.   What will the chances be of asking them to add on the extra perk? .  Thoughts ?

38 minutes ago, sdpr73 said:

Just booked a $25 deposit cruise promo for 2020 Southern Caribbean cruise......balcony with one perk ( I chose classic BEV)..... so let’s suppose in the next few months a better promo comes out like many times in the past where a  balcony cabin booking = 2 perks.   What will the chances be of asking them to add on the extra perk? .  Thoughts ?

You will be subject to the new pricing and anything else that wasn’t included in the initial booking. Nothing is free so I’m guessing the price will go up.

2 hours ago, sdpr73 said:

One of the popular TA's will upgrade you to all four perks for $300 (if it's the southern 9 day). It's a no brainer in that case. My price ended up being over $1100 less than booking directly for the exact same category and perks.