USA Today first look Edge photos...

StillLooking4Adventure

Here some of my first thoughts from these pictures of the Edge. I don't mean to have all negative comments but these are just observation of potential issues.

1. I am disappointed in the size of the solarium pool. One thing I really enjoyed on the reflection was being able to swim Laps in the solarium pool. It doesn't look like the edge pool is big enough. Also,

2. I don't like those arm chairs on the martini bar. A bar should have bar stools. I'm afraid with those armchairs no one will ever leave.

3. The Baccio looks like it has less chairs than the reflection. There was already an issue on the reflection with finding a seat at certain times of day

4. The infinite balcony looks closed in and doesn't look as big or as roomy as a Solstice class ship.

(If you click on the first picture it willtake you to a slide show.)

https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/travel/cruises/2018/11/25/celebrity-edge-cruise-ship-first-look-photos/2104398002/

Edited by StillLooking4Adventure

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I want to love this ship but from the pictures not so sure.  Lots of uncomfortable chairs, Martini Bar won’t be the same, closet space in the infinite veranda is a joke and forget about breakfast on the veranda.

I agree. I left out the closet with drawers in it to prevent you from hanging long dresses or pants. The "veranda" looks closed in and tiny. I guess if you really want to enjoy this ship get either a cheap inside room or a Suite.

8 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I want to love this ship but from the pictures not so sure.  Lots of uncomfortable chairs, Martini Bar won’t be the same, closet space in the infinite veranda is a joke and forget about breakfast on the veranda.

I’m with you. I like a lot about the ship but the infinite balcony’s are a deal breaker.  Maybe in an SV after the hype dies down but I doubt it. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I am hoping that some of these photos do not really depict the ship accurately, as I was just a bit concerned with the quality of the photos too, as they did not "wow" me at all.  I will keep reading and enjoying information from VT's several cruises and her details, photos and thoughts until I cruise at the end of April.  Change is always difficult; however, those other ships may stay very popular, and Edge may be just what new cruisers want to have...

Edited by Lastdance

6 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I am hoping that some of these photos do not really depict the ship accurately, as I was just a bit concerned with the quality of the photos too, as they did not "wow" me at all.  I will keep reading and enjoying information from VT's several cruises and her details, photos and thoughts until I cruise at the end of April.  Change is always difficult; however, those other ships may stay very popular, and Edge may be just what new cruisers want to have...

I was thinking the same. Then I looked at the layout of the cabins on the Celebrity site. I didn't realize that the infinite balcony was for ALL the balconies. When I looked at the layout you are shown when picking a cabin it looks as small as the pictures. 

Not Edge specific....but all pics I see of cruise ships, the lounge chairs are all pushed together, basically touching each other. 

I like meeting new people....but I don’t want to lay beside strangers, shoulder to shoulder in my bathing suit 😳

Do people shift the lounge chairs?

18 minutes ago, SoberJulie said:

Not Edge specific....but all pics I see of cruise ships, the lounge chairs are all pushed together, basically touching each other. 

I like meeting new people....but I don’t want to lay beside strangers, shoulder to shoulder in my bathing suit 😳

Do people shift the lounge chairs?

I need my space and I do push the lounge chairs. I usually remove one and put it somewhere else. Many people do that.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I just checked the Edge stateroom page. The smaller size of the "infinite veranda" rooms is no illusion.

Infinite Veranda - Room 131 Sq. Ft  Veranda 45 Sq Ft.  Total space = 176 Sq. Ft.

Regular Veranda - Room 202 Sq. Ft. Veranda 40 Sq. Ft. Total space = 242 Sq. Ft.

So, the new and improved Infinite Veranda rooms are 38% smaller than a regular veranda.

The SR sizes you are referencing are in error. The Infinite Veranda SR you listed is for the Single Person IV SR. The standard Infinite Veranda SR is 202Sqft and 54Sqft balcony area. 

So the Inifinite Veranda SR is quite a nice set up. Nicely sized SR and the Veranda and when the balcony section is closed, you have a 256Sqft SR all together. 

Den

1 minute ago, Denny01 said:

The SR sizes you are referencing are in error. The Infinite Veranda SR you listed is for the Single Person IV SR. The standard Infinite Veranda SR is 202Sqft and 54Sqft balcony area. 

So the Inifinite Veranda SR is quite a nice set up. Nicely sized SR and the Veranda and when the balcony section is closed, you have a 256Sqft SR all together. 

Den

You are correct. I deleted it when I realized my error but you caught it before I had a chance.

There’s always concerns over what a new ship’s interior will look like and how comfortable it will be and so on, but photos aren’t that helpful really and I think I’ll wait for the upcoming reviews and posts once our CC posters get on board. 

I think I’ll wait until I read those and wait until I actually get onboard in March to voice an opinion. 

Den

Edited by Denny01

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

"I didn't realize that the infinite balcony was for ALL the balconies."

Not quite all -- there are a handful of the "traditional" verandahs.  They are designated 1A verandahs.

Aren’t they the ones with the porthole opening in the hull at the front?  

6 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Aren’t they the ones with the porthole opening in the hull at the front?  

Yes and a few at the back as well.

In total there are 58 category 1A/1B verandahs with the large circular openings.  36 SV verandahs and all others are Infinite Verandah, except Suites and Oceanview/Inside of course.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Interesting that you mention the chairs.  DH just looked through the pictures and his first comment was that the chairs looked like they were created for aesthetics, not comfort.  I will be looking with interest at what the first few reviews from forum members make of them.