RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

2 hours ago, mermaidgal said:

I sail March 4th and I made two bids, a Jr suite and a Grand Suite, today I looked at my bids, the GS bid says expired and the JS says pending, am I to assume I’m getting the JS? It can’t be modified so I’m thinking that’s the case? Any ideas on this ? Thx…

Yep, you likely got the JS

3 hours ago, mermaidgal said:

I sail March 4th and I made two bids, a Jr suite and a Grand Suite, today I looked at my bids, the GS bid says expired and the JS says pending, am I to assume I’m getting the JS? It can’t be modified so I’m thinking that’s the case? Any ideas on this ? Thx…

This is usually a very good sign you will get your JS bid. I had a similar scenario for our past Symphony cruise and just last week for our Odyssey cruise. Check your credit for RoyalUp charges. Good Luck.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 6:26 PM, Ready2SailAway said:

Suggest calling RCCL to see if they can move you to another JS that's in a better location.

We did that after we won our RoyalUp bid to a GS last Aug - our vacation planner at RCCL was able to switch us, even though online was showing no other GS inventory available...

How do you go about getting a vacation planner?  Do you have the same person all the time or just whoever answers the phone?  Would love to work with the same person each time.

18 hours ago, redsox1584 said:

I logged back into the Royal Up site and it shows the 2 bids that were cancelled but now it shows the 2 new bids I placed as pending. Here hoping to a junior or grand suite!

I got another cancellation email today saying my bids were cancelled due to a change in my reservation. I was able to make new bids. I don’t know what is going on with the Royal Up site. 

19 hours ago, mermaidgal said:

Looking good for the JS.  Congrats

8 hours ago, imola said:

How do you go about getting a vacation planner?  Do you have the same person all the time or just whoever answers the phone?  Would love to work with the same person each time.

Our previous RCCL vacation planner retired last Sept - here's who we've been working with since then:

Erika Iwanow
eiwanow@rccl.com
(800) 859-7225 x26246

On 2/23/2022 at 7:46 PM, rockmom said:

have you gone into the Cruise Planner, 'manage my cruises' to make sure yours is still showing in there?  Because yeah, that's weird that you can't get in to see your bids anymore.  

Yes, all four of our bookings are showing, sadly the others are even showing the ability to bid on more stateroom categories that weren't available when we bid in January. I can view my edocs, luggage tags, see the drink and dining packages we bought.

It shows the loft suites now which I absolutely would have put a bid on one of those if it had been there when I did mine originally.  Sadly it won't let me in for mine but will all the other bookings linked to mine.  Seems like there is noone to call either to be able to check on it?  

39 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Bid on a CLS at the 50% off minimum of $300/pp this morning at 7:42 for our Harmony 2/27 sailing. Received the congrats email and CLS stateroom # at 3:00 this afternoon.

Congrats!  Did you just receive your RoyalUP invitation to bid on that CLS today?  Or did you receive the invite previously but decided to wait until this morning to bid?

2 minutes ago, Ready2SailAway said:

Congrats!  Did you just receive your RoyalUP invitation to bid on that CLS today?  Or did you receive the invite previously but decided to wait until this morning to bid?

I didn't wait for an invitation (never have), I always go directly to the RoyalUP site and submit my bids. I probably got an invitation to bid several weeks ago, and had already bid on a CLS and an Owner's Suite but cancelled the CLS bid when the only suites that were showing as available were aft facing ones. I didn't expect to see any side facing CLS open up, and when five of them showed as available this morning I went out and submitted a new bid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ready2SailAway said:

Our previous RCCL vacation planner retired last Sept - here's who we've been working with since then:

Erika Iwanow
eiwanow@rccl.com
(800) 859-7225 x26246

Thank you very much. 

Question......  We are already booked in Jr Suite and are D+.   If we were to "Royal Up" to say a Grand Suite or higher would we lose our double points?  I have seen posting that say when you Royal Up you don't get the double points.  The answer would definitely impact my actions.  TIA

20 minutes ago, imola said:

Question......  We are already booked in Jr Suite and are D+.   If we were to "Royal Up" to say a Grand Suite or higher would we lose our double points?  I have seen posting that say when you Royal Up you don't get the double points.  The answer would definitely impact my actions.  TIA

you get the points associated with your original booking. 

36 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I didn't wait for an invitation (never have), I always go directly to the RoyalUP site and submit my bids. I probably got an invitation to bid several weeks ago, and had already bid on a CLS and an Owner's Suite but cancelled the CLS bid when the only suites that were showing as available were aft facing ones. I didn't expect to see any side facing CLS open up, and when five of them showed as available this morning I went out and submitted a new bid.

Well played!

43 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

you get the points associated with your original booking. 

Perfect then we get double.  Plus I just got off the phone with C & A.  Got a small price drop on each cruise and a $25.00 per cruise OBC.  Its a good Friday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Incredible!! Have a great time! 

I put in minimum bids on several cabins but not all of them. Later I thought maybe it wouldn’t hurt to bid on the rest.  Those options no longer show up. Is there a way to get back to the original cabins that were available to bid on? 

6 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

I put in minimum bids on several cabins but not all of them. Later I thought maybe it wouldn’t hurt to bid on the rest.  Those options no longer show up. Is there a way to get back to the original cabins that were available to bid on? 

Hopefully this makes sense. There will be a really small text that says ‘bid on other options’ or something like that between the top bid that shows as bigger than the others and your other listed bids… I think you can only view this on your computer. But it’s super small text and should be there! 

10 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

Hopefully this makes sense. There will be a really small text that says ‘bid on other options’ or something like that between the top bid that shows as bigger than the others and your other listed bids… I think you can only view this on your computer. But it’s super small text and should be there! 

Yes! I had to use desktop to find it. Thank you! 

3 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Can anyone tell me why one of my bids is able to be modified/cancelled, but for the other bid I don't have that option? They both are still pending. I was hoping someone might have experienced something like this and could offer insight.

If you’re on your phone, click on the bid you want to update again and it’ll move to the top with a small arrow that is hyperlinked on the right side. If you’re on your computer then hover your mouse over the bid and there will be a hyperlink somewhere on there.