Booking While On Board, A Question For Anyone Currently Sailing

JEDMELK

A quick question for anyone that might be on board now:

We are boarding the Silhouette next week and I am curious what/if Celebrity is currently offering as extra perks for booking while on board?

I know there is the reduced deposit and usually an on board credit however, sometimes they have also offered an additional perk or secondary on board credit over what the current offer is for bookings.

Thanks in advance for any information

Jed

4 hours ago, JEDMELK said:

We are boarding the Silhouette next week and I am curious what/if Celebrity is currently offering as extra perks for booking while on board?

I know there is the reduced deposit and usually an on board credit however, sometimes they have also offered an additional perk or secondary on board credit over what the current offer is for bookings.

Jed

Not currently onboard, bummer. Along with what you have mentioned when we book future cruises on embarkation day we have also received a bottle of wine and a few other small gifts for each cruise we book.  Some nice gifts we keep others we giveaway. We always know the ship, sail date (s), itinerary(s), cabin, dining preference and all the associated perks being offered on line for that cruise. 

Edited by davekathy

We Booked January 19  on our very last day while on the Reflection last January. We had met a lot of people during the cruise who said they had been in future sales and booked for the following year (lots of lots ) . We stuck our heads in for kicks, inquiring about the new Edge, was very expensive for 7 day cruises. We found a affordable and good value for 11 days to  Central America on the Reflection. Only needed a fully refundable $200 deposit , got 2 Perks , Drinks and Tips, and $200 Cabin credit. I have never seen the prices cheaper then what we reserved on board. They take care of there customers and you can get good Cabin locations.  

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Not currently onboard, bummer. Along with what you have mentioned when we book future cruises on embarkation day we have also received a bottle of wine and a few other small gifts for each cruise we book.  Some nice gifts we keep others we giveaway. We always know the ship, sail date (s), itinerary(s), cabin, dining preference and all the associated perks being offered on line for that cruise. 

Interesting.  We always book onboard for the obc.  Also one or two perks, depending on class of cabin. But never have we received a bottle of wine or other gifts. Do you receive these extra gifts only by booking on the first day?  Never booked on day one as there is always so much going on. 

Thank you to everyone for the information and answers. Looks like we will be booking while on board after all.

We appreciate the assistance always offered by everyone on these boards

Jed & Mel

Be careful if you are a UK passenger making an 'open' booking.

We were told that if you booked onboard you could change the booking without penalty and keep the extra perks.

What they did not tell us, however that you could not transfer to a discounted rate on the new cruise but to keep the perks you needed to book at full price.

Needless to say we ended up booking the new offer which was not as good, extra-wise as the onboard offer but slightle cheaper overall. Uk pax can only get lower rates, if they become available, by cancelling, forfeiting the deposit, and re-booking.

12 hours ago, mamaday said:

Interesting.  We always book onboard for the obc.  Also one or two perks, depending on class of cabin. But never have we received a bottle of wine or other gifts. Do you receive these extra gifts only by booking on the first day?  Never booked on day one as there is always so much going on. 

Our experiences have been only on the first day.  We are always on the ship early, have a glass or two of sparkling wine and we book our future cruises as soon as the FC office opens. Still plenty of time after that and before the staterooms are opened to explore the ship.

Edited by davekathy

On 12/1/2018 at 5:10 PM, JEDMELK said:

Jed

There are really no extra perks offered.  However, we were given 'free' gratuities two years ago.  When I went over the reservation with a Celebrity Cruise Planner, he pointed out that I had paid $200  for that perk.  Pay now or later.  Know your prices beforehand.

We typically get reduced deposits and $150 added OBC. 

4 hours ago, Lolabunny488 said:

This is interesting we’ve only booked the last two cruises onboard. Does booking earlier in the cruise like embarkation day give you any better offers? 

Post #4 and #10.  Not better offers other than a few booking early gifts. 

Edited by davekathy

We booked a future cruise while on board in September.  We got the fare including grats, $200 USD OBC, wifi for 2 and a classic drinks package each.  We were also able to book a Concierge cabin with a huge balcony and midship for $200 pp less than a regular veranda.  It was a great deal and too good to pass up. We also only paid $100 pp deposit.

5 hours ago, keesar said:

There are really no extra perks offered.  However, we were given 'free' gratuities two years ago.  When I went over the reservation with a Celebrity Cruise Planner, he pointed out that I had paid $200  for that perk.  Pay now or later.  Know your prices beforehand.

We typically get reduced deposits and $150 added OBC. 

Sometimes there are no extra perks, but often they offer additional perks for Concierge Cabins and above. The December on-board offer is two perks instead of one for C and AQ and all 4 for suites. (see my link on post #6)

We booked the first day on board and got wine and  a gift.  The promo was for 2 perks for veranda plus OBC.  Unfortunately a few days later it was November and that promo had ended and only one perk.  Did not realize that the promo would end in a few days.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:26 PM, mamaday said:

We have booked a cruise on board the 1st day of the cruise and got a bottle of wine. I'm thinking it was last March while in Asia on Millie.

We are aboard Silhouette now. The Cruise Now is unchanged from the past, balcony 9nt cruise is $200 deposit with an obc of $200 only available for the future cruise, they are stopped the obc for the current cruise. The first day incentive was a bottle of wine, second day was $25 instant credit on top, otherwise everything the same as the last few years.