Hotel Suggestions for Ft. Lauderdale

Terre

We've used the Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inn, both in Dania Beach.  They both have free airport shuttle.  They also have a cruise shuttle, though they change a small fee for the cruise shuttle. 

• Like 2

A little reading on the board would reveal dozens and dozens  of threads on hotels in Ft Lauderdale. It would also reveal the very common recommendation to check out sunny.org, a website that lists all the hotels in the area, and their amenities, like shuttles. Lastly, it is commonly discussed here that a shuttle shouldn't necessarily be your prime focus. Taxis and Uber/Lyft are plentiful, and cheap, as the distances are not great.

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

A little reading on the board would reveal dozens and dozens  of threads on hotels in Ft Lauderdale. It would also reveal the very common recommendation to check out sunny.org, a website that lists all the hotels in the area, and their amenities, like shuttles. Lastly, it is commonly discussed here that a shuttle shouldn't necessarily be your prime focus. Taxis and Uber/Lyft are plentiful, and cheap, as the distances are not great.

Thank you, I have checked out sunny.com and have been calling hotels in the list this morning. That does not give me personal experiences, however.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

We've used the Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inn, both in Dania Beach.  They both have free airport shuttle.  They also have a cruise shuttle, though they change a small fee for the cruise shuttle. 

Thank you!

Embassy Suites near the port offers shuttles from the airport and to the port for a fee - you can likely taxi or Uber cheaper.  Lots of dining and shopping options within walking distance.  There are many other nearby hotels in the downtown/17th street area.

www.sunny.org is the web site you should be looking at. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Terre said:

Thank you, I have checked out sunny.com and have been calling hotels in the list this morning. That does not give me personal experiences, however.

I agree--sunny.org is of no help.  They make every hotel in Ft Lauderdale sound equally amazing.  I'm skeptical that they are all absolutely the same in quality.  Personal experiences do matter.

• Like 2

Makes a difference on what you expect and how much you want to spend.  This February we are staying at the Ramada Inn Airport .  Nothing fancy but it gets it done and provides shuttle from the airport and to the Ship.    

• Like 1

Dates and budget would help the suggestions to be closer to your target.  The $300+ room in Feb can go for $100 or less in August.  Travelling as a couple of with kids?  Arriving early and want to hit the beach or ride the water taxi?  Or arriving late and just want a room and dinner?

16 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Dates and budget would help the suggestions to be closer to your target.  The $300+ room in Feb can go for $100 or less in August.  Travelling as a couple of with kids?  Arriving early and want to hit the beach or ride the water taxi?  Or arriving late and just want a room and dinner?

Will be there March 26 for ine night and coming in late.

March is part of the peak season and prices will be high.

Arriving late to me translates into a budget hotel/motel option close to the airport and an Uber/Lyft or taxi to the port the next morning.  Why pay extra for the pool, restaurant, gym, etc. when you will not use them.  Roadway Inn is probably the cheapest "acceptable" option you will find close to FLL with airport shuttle service.  Good luck!

For March 26 I see many fine hotels near the Port for $150-$175. No need to stay further out because it does not seem to be cheaper elsewhere.

Candlewood Suites on 84 for example. That area is great for cruisers who arrive late and just need basics before the cruise. Strip mall with restaurants, liquor and groceries acroos the road.

Brand new Wyndham in Dania for $165. Crown Plaza across from the Port entrance - $168

Or are you looking for cheaper?

See if this link works - hotels near port from low to high

Edited by SteerageJoe
  • Like 1

The BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port is pretty good. We stayed in 10/2017. They offer airport pick up & drop off, also drop off at port for a fee.  Walking distance to the Southland Shopping Center - food, Winn Dixie, liquor store, etc.

Happy sailing!

• Like 1

I second the Best Western Airport/Cruiseport.   Nothing fancy but all you need for just a place to stay for one night....and found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly.   Slackers Bar across the parking lot for a quick bite to eat as well as a Greek restaurant that has had good reviews but we haven’t tried it yet.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 4:06 PM, billfish said:

Makes a difference on what you expect and how much you want to spend.  This February we are staying at the Ramada Inn Airport .  Nothing fancy but it gets it done and provides shuttle from the airport and to the Ship.    

Do u know if the Ramada allows parking of your car while u cruise? 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, tarps said:

I second the Best Western Airport/Cruiseport.   Nothing fancy but all you need for just a place to stay for one night....and found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly.   Slackers Bar across the parking lot for a quick bite to eat as well as a Greek restaurant that has had good reviews but we haven’t tried it yet.

We ate at Slackers Bar & Grill, it's a sports bar.  We stopped at the liquor store for wine for the cruise.  At the check out counter, I noticed they also sell RUM RUNNERS.  :classic_laugh: 

• Like 1

Tripadvisor has good info about whether the hotels have shuttles.  Most of the budget hotels that have airport/cruise port in the name had shuttles from my research.  Airport shuttles seem to be free and typically $10 pp for shuttles to the cruise port. 

• Like 2

Rather than the hotel shuttle, call for an Uber.  Just note what type of car and decline if it is too small for your luggage.   Our first response was a Honda Civic...no way was it going to hold our 2 large suitcases.  Next was a much larger car....very clean, very nice driver, and so much nicer to be in a car rather than crammed into a van with 10 others....and less expensive!  We were out of the there in a flash, while the shuttle driver were still trying to organize everyone in the van and load all their luggage.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your comments and recommendations!  We have decided in the Rodeway Inn at the airport.  As it turns out we'll be getting in around 4:00, don't need anything expensive, just the basics.  A few others on our roll call are staying there as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2018 at 7:25 PM, Terre said:

Thank you everyone for your comments and recommendations!  We have decided in the Rodeway Inn at the airport.  As it turns out we'll be getting in around 4:00, don't need anything expensive, just the basics.  A few others on our roll call are staying there as well.

We will be booking Rodeway as well. For our cruise it is only $59 a night! Love that the shuttles are free.

• Like 1

when at the airport (FFL) early DEC 2018 my Verizon Android would not even make a connection to Uber around noon.  was just like at a concert everyone tiring to connect so no service.  No problem from hotel next morning

• Like 1