Concierge just sent me my email for Grand Suite on Grandeur

Nessa1dc

We are sailing next week on the Grandeur.  Our First Grand Suite and our First time as D+...we are super thrilled.

I just received my email from the concierge.  I replied and had a request of certain glasses in the room...he responded within 10 minutes.  I think I'm in trouble...I'm loving this Grand Suite thing....

7 days and counting....

2 hours ago, Nessa1dc said:

Francis is the concierge...Amazing so far.  I'm so excited and ready to go, I can barely contain myself.

He was CL Concierge on our last Grandeur cruise with Carlington as the DL Concierge.  They just seem to switch.  The Grandeur cruise prior to our last one, Carlington was in the CL.  I believe that Raul was the DL Concierge on that prior one though...

Francis was the CL Concierge on our first cruise.  DL Concierge on out second (but I am not D so did not see him, I did go to say hi, but he was not there).

Carlington was the CL Concierge on our last cruise (Aug 2018).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 9:22 AM, SRF said:

The problem with booking a suite is, you will always want a suite. 😄

Amen.  Our first Grand Suite was in 2006 and haven't looked back since.  I also agree with SnorkeyAway that on Grandeur the Owners Suite offers no advantage other than a few square feet.  Not worth the extra $$ for us.

Nessa1dc, I think we're on the same cruise... Dec 13-22?  How is your first Grand Suite experience going?  Francis is indeed the concierge... our second sailing with him.  This man definitely gets the job done!  If you continue booking GS's in the future, you'll discover that the concierge makes all the difference.  Francis is among the best we've had the pleasure of sailing with. 

Neil

We just got out welcome email from Francis for the Christmas/NY cruise on 12-22.  Very happy to be going away for the holidays.  It's so much fun to cruise for Christmas/NY.

We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package and it seems like they are going to allow us to use our package for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and NYE.  I guess we won't know for sure until we get on the ship but Francis made the reservations for us and everything SEEMS to be fine, for now.  He also said that Chops would be open for lunch on embark day and that we were welcome to make reservations for lunch if we wanted.  I don't think The Key has been implemented yet on Grandeur (but I know it has been for later Grandeur cruises on which we are booked) so I don't think we'll be sharing Chops lunch with the Key people on this one.

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We just got out welcome email from Francis for the Christmas/NY cruise on 12-22.  Very happy to be going away for the holidays.  It's so much fun to cruise for Christmas/NY.

We purchased the Ultimate Dining Package and it seems like they are going to allow us to use our package for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and NYE.  I guess we won't know for sure until we get on the ship but Francis made the reservations for us and everything SEEMS to be fine, for now.  He also said that Chops would be open for lunch on embark day and that we were welcome to make reservations for lunch if we wanted.  I don't think The Key has been implemented yet on Grandeur (but I know it has been for later Grandeur cruises on which we are booked) so I don't think we'll be sharing Chops lunch with the Key people on this one.

RFerrington, what is "The Key?" 

Thanks.  Neil

3 minutes ago, st5310 said:

RFerrington, what is "The Key?" 

Thanks.  Neil

Neil, The Key is a new program just started by Royal Caribbean.  People who are not in a suite or are not Pinnacle Club members can purchase The Key (somewhere between $19-$25 PP/PD...depends on the ship and the itinerary) and get some of the suite amenities such as priority boarding, internet service, early access to cabins...and one of the perks that comes with The Key is lunch at Chops on the day of embarkation.  Supposedly, they limit the number of Key purchases so that they don't overwhelm the restaurant and/or suite guests.  To some, it is worth the price to get a few suite perks.  Like I said, they haven't yet started The Key on Grandeur but it's coming....

5 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Neil, The Key is a new program just started by Royal Caribbean.  People who are not in a suite or are not Pinnacle Club members can purchase The Key (somewhere between $19-$25 PP/PD...depends on the ship and the itinerary) and get some of the suite amenities such as priority boarding, internet service, early access to cabins...and one of the perks that comes with The Key is lunch at Chops on the day of embarkation.  Supposedly, they limit the number of Key purchases so that they don't overwhelm the restaurant and/or suite guests.  To some, it is worth the price to get a few suite perks.  Like I said, they haven't yet started The Key on Grandeur but it's coming....

Had not heard about this.  Thanks!  Neil

• Like 1