Lunch

stevo7fgg

My cruise next August on the Coral Princess will be my first. I've chosen traditional dining with a 5pm seating in the personalizer, but haven't found information on how lunch works. Will I have an assigned time? Thank you!

8 minutes ago, stevo7fgg said:

My cruise next August on the Coral Princess will be my first. I've chosen traditional dining with a 5pm seating in the personalizer, but haven't found information on how lunch works. Will I have an assigned time? Thank you!

No assigned times for lunch. 

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The dining room is open for lunch on sea days. On port days, it's usually closed unless you have a late arrival in a port and on embarkation day. It's open seating. You can request a table for just your party or ask to join a larger table. The buffet is open every day if that's what you prefer for lunch.

• Thanks 1

We prefer lunch in the MDR.  It is seating as available.  When you arrive at the MDR door the hostess will ask if you want to share a table or have one just for your party.  We do both depending on how we feel.  There will only be one MDR open for lunch which normally is noon to 1:30 PM so check your daily Patter for location and time.  As already stated the MDR is not open for lunch on port days.  One MDR is open for breakfast on all days with the time depending on if it is a port day or a sea day.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stevo7fgg said:

One DR is open seating for breakfast and lunch. Just show up and you will be seated. Times are listed on the back page of the Princess Patter. A DR is open for breakfast every day and lunch on sea days only. If on board on a port day you can get lunch at an alternate location, International Cafe, buffet, grill, pizza, room service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, stevo7fgg said:

Since this is your first post and your first cruise...CONGRATULATIONS!! You've come to the right place.

Suggestions: find your Roll Call and post on it (you'll automatically "join" the roll call.

Read as many posts as you can so you're familiar with what to expect & where to go.

Ask questions.

If you enjoy the cruise and plan to do another one, buy at least 1 Future Cruise Deposit.

If you're a veteran, send a copy of your DD-214 to Princess (fax or mail) and get up to $250 on board credit (OBC), depending on the length of the cruise.

<Welcome to Cruise Critic!!>

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Since this is your first post and your first cruise...CONGRATULATIONS!! You've come to the right place.

Suggestions: find your Roll Call and post on it (you'll automatically "join" the roll call.

Read as many posts as you can so you're familiar with what to expect & where to go.

Ask questions.

If you enjoy the cruise and plan to do another one, buy at least 1 Future Cruise Deposit.

If you're a veteran, send a copy of your DD-214 to Princess (fax or mail) and get up to $250 on board credit (OBC), depending on the length of the cruise.

<Welcome to Cruise Critic!!>

Buy 100 shares of Carnival Corporation stock ... this will get you OBC on each future cruise on Princess as well as the other cruise lines under the Carnival Umbrella ( Carnival Cruise Line, HAL, and others )

You can, if desired and allowed by plan, to purchase this stock in one of your retirement plans

• Thanks 1

The stock owners OBC is awarded one per stateroom and has to be requested for each cruise.  If both in the stateroom own CCL stock, only one can get the OBC unless the two pax are not related and just traveling together.  The veterans OBC is for each veteran so if both in the stateroom are veterans then both get the OBC and is automatic once you provide your DD214 the first time.