3 Star Mariner Benefit Clarification?

trixiee

Maybe my mind is not as good as it used to be.  Can anyone clarify whether 3* gets a 25% discount on wine packages?  From the HAL site:

A 25% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and on specialty coffees in all dining venues*, beverages in the Explorations Café* and all mini-bar purchases* (restaurant packages do not apply to discount and wine packages discounts exclude wine cards, Cellar Master packages, individual bottles, wine-by-the-glass and beverage gift cards)

There has been a thread running for more than a month now on the uncertain status of discounts on wine packages, with some people saying they're gone or going and others saying they are still getting them.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2598008-hal-mariner-wine-packages-are-no-more/

Edited by catl331

5 minutes ago, DoggyDaddy said:

Due to the recent cyber sale, we will be getting a $25 beverage card for an upcoming cruise. As we are 3 star Mariners, will our specialty coffees be full price, discounted, or 25% OBC given afterwards?

DD

If you use your beverage card, there will be no discount.

To get the discount you need to use your room key card. You will get a discount at the Explorations lounge, but not in the MDR if you order a cappucino, etc.

What you could do though, is use the beverage card until it runs out and then charge whatever to your room. 

Hope this makes sense.

You should get the 25% discount when you order the coffees. Check your receipt (if they are handing out paper ones)! It can be a little confusing since you pay the 15% tip on the full price of the drink. The total cost may end up looking more like a 10% discount. 

1 minute ago, Overhead Fred said:

Hmmm.... I have not tried it but you would like to think there is a way to get the 3* discount with a beverage card!

There is not that I am aware of.  For it to work, you HAVE to use your room key.

I'm speaking from my experience and other roll call members 😉 

3 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Hmmm.... I have not tried it but you would like to think there is a way to get the 3* discount with a beverage card!

Could you try handing it back to Front Desk and ask them to credit your Onboard Account?

1 minute ago, VMax1700 said:

I have always received the Mariner's Discount on my double espressos in the MDR!

No argument from me.  I honestly don't recall receiving it last time, but I could be in error.  I'm not on the beverage card 😉 

1 minute ago, kazu said:

No argument from me.  I honestly don't recall receiving it last time, but I could be in error.  I'm not on the beverage card 😉 

I don't mean on the Beverage Card, just the normal purchase of coffee in MDR.  

Mariners Society FAQ.....

A 25% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and on specialty coffees in all dining venues

The price of the wine package is inclusive of the 15% gratuity. Example (my bolding):

8 BOTTLE SOMMELIER SUITE CELLAR NO. 1

This package allows you to choose eight bottles of wine once on board. Our extensive selection includes Piedra Negra Torrontes, Danzante Pinot Grigio, Caliterra Chardonnay, The Dreaming Tree Chardonnay, Greystone Sauvignon Blanc, Kung Fu Girl Riesling, Ruffino Moscato d’Asti, Puerto Viejo Carménère, Frescobaldi Rèmole, Deakin Estate Shiraz, Los Riscos Merlot, Château des Trois Tours Bordeaux, Estancia Pinot Noir, Toro de Piedra and Cabernet Sauvignon. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages.

• Like 1