'Twas the Cruise During Christmas - Zuiderdam 2018

POA1

We will be on the Zuiderdam in March. Cruising along with you might help tide me over till then...I'm hoping you have a great Cabana experience since we have one booked too. Having cabanas in April while on the Eurodam (both Lido and Retreat) made our cruise extra special for our family. Thank you so much for the entertainment!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

In the waiting home stretch now. My 81 year old father-in-law is worse than a little kid. He's all antsy about getting to the port. :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

We know how he feels -- we are always anxious to get to the ship as soon as possible as well.

I am the same way.  Even if we wind up waiting awhile in the terminal -- there's the ship! 

Bon voyage Brian!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

We were on the ship by 11:55 am. Rooms were ready at 12:10 pm. EBP upgrade accomplished on the first attempt. Shout out to Jude from the Lido. We're happy, happy campers. 

Which bar did you get the upgrade? Want to do the same on the Noordam next July.

42 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Which bar did you get the upgrade? Want to do the same on the Noordam next July.

At the Lido pool bar. It has to be done by a beverage supervisor, so just find a friendly waiter or bartender and ask. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

At the Lido pool bar. It has to be done by a beverage supervisor, so just find a friendly waiter or bartender and ask. 

From one of our add on research requests: Is the Crow's Nest still a full bar? Answer: Yes. They have the same liquors and back bar. However, half the circular bar is now devoted to coffee.

Just now, POA1 said:

From one of our add on research requests: Is the Crow's Nest still a full bar? Answer: Yes. They have the same liquors and back bar. However, half the circular bar is now devoted to coffee.

Thank you Sir; can you also confirm no "Rijksmuseum at Sea" on Zuidy as well as the full Explorations Central” with ‘the Hub’, ‘Destinations Display’, ‘Virtual Bridge’, ‘Theater EXC,’ ‘Journeys Ashore’ and ‘the Library’, in addition to the ‘Explorations Café’ in the Crow’s Nest?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Thank you Sir; can you also confirm no "Rijksmuseum at Sea" on Zuidy as well as the full Explorations Central” with ‘the Hub’, ‘Destinations Display’, ‘Virtual Bridge’, ‘Theater EXC,’ ‘Journeys Ashore’ and ‘the Library’, in addition to the ‘Explorations Café’ in the Crow’s Nest?

Sure. It looks like the full EXC. I'll have to check on the museum that will never pass spell check. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Have a wonderful Cruise Brian!Watching Celebrity Edge leaving and can see the Zuderdam!! Enjoy your Makers Mark and look forward to your adventures! Crows Nest looks like there’s Christmas decorations! The Bartender sure looks familiar from our South American Cruise last March.

smooth sailings

Denise😊

26 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Thank you Sir; can you also confirm no "Rijksmuseum at Sea" on Zuidy

I'm not Brian, but there's no Rijksmuseum at Sea on the Zuiderdam.  (Which is a shame, as the photos of it look very interesting.)

Edited by Turtles06
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Two of my favorite things! :classic_biggrin:

40 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Wondering if the bartenders are now cross-trained as baristas and if they subsequently did away with the female Filipina baristas

I was on the Zuiderdam in November and the female baristas were always there in the morning. I didn't see anyone ordering alcohol at opening although I guess they could have so I don't know if the baristas also bartended. In the evenings, at least one of the two bartenders was able to work the coffee side but they were happy when people ordered simple coffee drinks.

• Thanks 1

When you upgrade from the SBP, you need to turn in your old room key because it's stamped SBP. They'll issue a new one with EBP on it. They charge you for the EBP and credit back the SBP cost. 

6 minutes ago, POA1 said:

When you upgrade from the SBP, you need to turn in your old room key because it's stamped SBP. They'll issue a new one with EBP on it. They charge you for the EBP and credit back the SBP cost. 

Did you have Explore4 Brian?

If they truly credit back the SBP cost, I could come out ahead - I might not have neeed to buy that extra OBC - LOL.

Have a fabulous time on board.

There you are off and on your cruise.

Brian we tried to up grade our explorer 4 bev package last March on Maasdam and we could not! We tried front desk with manager and at the bar😒

will try on our next cruise. hope we can. Great sunset pic as you leave port.

Denise😊

Michelle is trying the first holiday themed cocktail, the Candy Cane Martini. I'm having that seasonal favorite, Maker's Mark on the rocks. IMG_20181216_130020.jpg979056335_PerfectlyClear.thumb.jpg.4d00bb8129aa429b7a4c35ca4eaad705.jpg

Edited by POA1
  • Like 1