Carnival's "Manage My Booking" page has changed

beachbum53

On 12/19/2018 at 7:12 AM, beachbum53 said:

I wonder if many of the people in IT also manage grocery stores. Just as a web site's page layout gets changed or upgraded about every two or three years, so too do the layouts in grocery stores. You get used to where things are and can fairly confidently navigate your way around. Then you go in one day and "Ta-Da!", there's a whole new layout. Produce is now where the bread used to be, salad dressings are now where the soft drinks used to be, etc. Same way when a web page gets changed around. For the first two or three visits, you get frustrated and want to go whack the person in the head that thought it would be a good idea to change things around. 

That is funny.  When I was teaching the PA Motorcycle Safety course I worked there with a guy who was actually in charge of changing the layouts in GIANT grocery stores.  We would all yell at him every time our local store changed "Damnit Chet, where did you move the (insert grocery item)"

Of more relevance to the thread it seems to have changed permanently for me.  And now I can't see if they have my VIFP number or shareholder credit on my booking as I can't figure out where they have that info now!

Edited by K&RCurt

On 12/19/2018 at 7:12 AM, beachbum53 said:

I wonder if many of the people in IT also manage grocery stores. Just as a web site's page layout gets changed or upgraded about every two or three years, so too do the layouts in grocery stores. You get used to where things are and can fairly confidently navigate your way around. Then you go in one day and "Ta-Da!", there's a whole new layout. Produce is now where the bread used to be, salad dressings are now where the soft drinks used to be, etc. Same way when a web page gets changed around. For the first two or three visits, you get frustrated and want to go whack the person in the head that thought it would be a good idea to change things around. 

They do this because they watch us on the security cameras scurrying around like lost ants looking for food and they laugh at our expense. "Hey Bob, next week, let's put the tampons with the motor oil....that will be hilarious!!"

In all seriousness, though.....the web page looks the same to me as it always has. I was just logged in like 5 minutes ago. I would say that beta testing a new format seems to be the likely cause of the upset. Hope they figure it out soon.

5 minutes ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

New format, for our accounts, started today. Takes a bit longer to wade through advertising for excursions, spa, packages, etc, to get to documents. Don’t like it much. Oh, well; they didn’t ask me. 😑

We should have known this change had to do with revenue enhancement 😉

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of the new layout. I liked when I would click on "cruise details" and it would list my itinerary with the DATE we were in each port. Now it just says "Day 1, New Orleans" and the times, then "Day 2, at sea"....to find the dates of the ports I have to go to the excursions tab, but what if I am booking an independent excursion? Grrrr! I guess they want it that way they to make it harder to book excursions NOT thru them. Hahaha.

• Like 1

Neither page has changed for me.  I almost exclusively use the site in the latest version of Chrome on my Samsung Galaxy S7.  I only use the site on my laptop if the site is giving me problems on my phone.

My cruise manager page is a mobile site, although there is no m in the address.  My cruise details page appears to be the full site.  The itinerary tab still has the dates instead of days.

Probably A/B testing. Rolling it out for some people and keeping the old for others. They can use analytics software to see how people are using the site and if the new format is making sense to people. What makes sense to software designers doesn't always make sense to the general public.

12 hours ago, MikeMSD said:

Probably A/B testing. Rolling it out for some people and keeping the old for others. They can use analytics software to see how people are using the site and if the new format is making sense to people. What makes sense to software designers NEVER make sense to the general public.

FTFY.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:02 AM, pirate4me2 said:

I'm not a fan of the new layout. I liked when I would click on "cruise details" and it would list my itinerary with the DATE we were in each port. Now it just says "Day 1, New Orleans" and the times, then "Day 2, at sea"....to find the dates of the ports I have to go to the excursions tab, but what if I am booking an independent excursion? Grrrr! I guess they want it that way they to make it harder to book excursions NOT thru them. Hahaha.

Mine never changed.  I just checked and it still lists each port day by date, not day.  

Aaack! The new layout is back. Been here since yesterday. I wonder if it's permanent now, or if Carnival is testing it again? I haven't seen any comments about it lately. I'm going to go on record that I do NOT like the new layout. Carnival, if you're reading this, please bring back the old layout. Thank-you. 

On 1/1/2019 at 4:02 AM, RWolver672 said:

Mine never changed.  I just checked and it still lists each port day by date, not day.  

Mine still shows the dates for the itinerary as well. Try clicking on manage > VIFP > and then look for the my cruises tab. I can't see my cruise history (using Chrome browser.) 

14 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Still got the old layout for me, using Chrome.  Just checked this very minute.

Weird.

I'm using Google Chrome too. I don't think that's making any difference, since I'm seeing the new layout. 

On this new layout, if I click on "Manage My Booking", VIFP doesn't appear, and cruise history doesn't appear either. Not quite sure why Carnival is testing this new layout. If you could see it, you'd wonder also. John Heald is back at home after being on the Carnival Panorama float in the New Year's Rose parade in Pasadena, and won't be on his FB page until Monday (Jan. 7th). Guess I'll have to wait until then to ask what is going on with the "Manage My Booking " section on Carnival's home page. Hopefully he can provide a straightforward, no b.s. answer.

Edited by beachbum53

39 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

On this new layout, if I click on "Manage My Booking", VIFP doesn't appear, and cruise history doesn't appear either. Not quite sure why Carnival is testing this new layout. If you could see it, you'd wonder also. John Heald is back at home after being on the Carnival Panorama float in the New Year's Rose parade in Pasadena, and won't be on his FB page until Monday (Jan. 7th). Guess I'll have to wait until then to ask what is going on with the "Manage My Booking " section on Carnival's home page. Hopefully he can provide a straightforward, no b.s. answer.

Thanks for the reply. Rather than clicking on manage my booking look over to the right side and click on VIFP Club, please, and look for your cruise history. John will say my not being able to view my 28 year cruise history with Carnival is BRILLIANT. 

Edited by sanmarcosman