Hotels near Port Canaveral

jwcruise1

Hello All,

Driving from Atlanta to Port Canaveral on 4/3/2019 for a three day cruise on the 4th.

Would like to stay in a hotel near the beach (walking distance?) 2 adults and 2 children.

Any recommendations for a good, inexpensive hotel? I have searched but everything i find

is either old or focused on transportation or parking, I need neither since i am planning on

parking at port to get an earlier start for the drive home. TIA

Love the Hilton but it is usually the most expensive oceanfront option! :classic_biggrin:

I think you should start at the Cocoa Beach Pier area - several hotels in the mid to lower price range.

You will find more information here: http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/port-canaveral-hotels/

Cocoa-Beach-Pier-Hotels.jpg

Also a recent video here: 

• Like 1

Hey, if the Hilton was good enough for VP Pence the other night...😉

The hotels around the Pier are OK.  Depends on what your comfort level is.  

I would have recommended my friend's AirBnB in Cocoa Beach, but it is )too small for you (good for 2 people), and probably too rustic for you.  But, there are other AirBnBs around you can look at, if you're into that.    

Buy your cruise goodies at the Publix - 2 locations there on A1A in Cocoa Beach.   Hit up Darci's Bacon Blues or Southern Charm for a good breakfast pre-boarding - on A1A on your way to Port Canaveral.  Or, if you are into it (I sure am!), there IS a Waffle House also on A1A!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SoccerMom#3 said:

Following since we will need a hotel around Port Canaveral for our September Harmony of the Seas cruise.  

Flying into MCO?  We prefer to stay in Orlando (1000's of hotels in every price range) and head to PC the morning of our cruise.  We typically use a one-way rental for the same or less than shuttles.

Post cruise, unless your flight leaves after about 2:00 or so, a one-way car rental is not worth it and we typically use a shuttle.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 12:37 PM, slidergirl said:

Hey, if the Hilton was good enough for VP Pence the other night...😉

The hotels around the Pier are OK.  Depends on what your comfort level is.  

I would have recommended my friend's AirBnB in Cocoa Beach, but it is )too small for you (good for 2 people), and probably too rustic for you.  But, there are other AirBnBs around you can look at, if you're into that.    

Buy your cruise goodies at the Publix - 2 locations there on A1A in Cocoa Beach.   Hit up Darci's Bacon Blues or Southern Charm for a good breakfast pre-boarding - on A1A on your way to Port Canaveral.  Or, if you are into it (I sure am!), there IS a Waffle House also on A1A!

Does publix sell beer? or would I have to find a liquor store?

We've stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites for the last few cruises we've done out of Canaveral. Priced for less than the pier hotels. right next to the Ron Jon and the Cocoa Beach Surf Co. Right across the street from a Walgreens and a one block walk to a less crowded beach. Free breakfast with stay, decent pool and hot tub. Pool bar and lounge are both open in-season. 

The pier hotels are a great deal too like Joe stated, located right in the action. Just thought I'd give another option. 

https://youtu.be/zgKK1TgqvT0

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 12:38 AM, Ralphinsc said:

We've stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites for the last few cruises we've done out of Canaveral........

The pier hotels are a great deal too like Joe stated, located right in the action. Just thought I'd give another option. 

https://youtu.be/zgKK1TgqvT0

Thanks for the link!  We just booked the Quality Inn for our February cruise.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Eliot Ness said:

Thanks for the link!  We just booked the Quality Inn for our February cruise.

I would call the hotel and request a room not on the ground floor.  Being a tourist hotel, rooms on a ground floor with a door that opens outside is a safety issue at times...  That is me at any hotel that has ground floor rooms that open to the outdoors.  

There is also a Publix supermarket and a Winn-Dixie market not too far away for picking up your last minute junk food/beverages for the cruise. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

I would call the hotel and request a room not on the ground floor.  Being a tourist hotel, rooms on a ground floor with a door that opens outside is a safety issue at times...  That is me at any hotel that has ground floor rooms that open to the outdoors........

I love ground floor rooms, but that is also just me, plus I just had a knee replacement right before Thanksgiving and it will be more convenient than stairs or hauling bags to an elevator.  I appreciate the tips on the Publix supermarket and a Winn-Dixie market, Thanks!

13 hours ago, Eliot Ness said:

I love ground floor rooms, but that is also just me, plus I just had a knee replacement right before Thanksgiving and it will be more convenient than stairs or hauling bags to an elevator.  I appreciate the tips on the Publix supermarket and a Winn-Dixie market, Thanks!

I work in Hospitality.  Being a solo woman, I will not take a room on a ground floor, even if it is interior.  I also won't take a room near an emergency exit - known as an easy exit for a thief (or worse).  

I'd pick Publix over Winn-Dixie.  Just my preference, but I think Publix has better produce, prepared foods, deli, etc.  But, if you just want junk food and drinks, I guess either will work.   

Hit up Darci's Bacon Blues for breakfast - it's up the road on the way to the port.  Best Bacon anywhere and great ladies who serve you!!!  

We have stayed at the La Quinta Oceanfront and found it very comfortable. Rooms have 2 queens instead of doubles, which makes all the difference for us! Excellent breakfast and you can enjoy it in their lovely courtyard. Nice little pool and pool bar, and just steps to the beach at the pier with chair and umbrella rentals! A great way to start a cruise vacation, especially if you happen to walk on the beach as your ship is coming in!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 1:50 PM, Eliot Ness said:

The Winn-Dixie was recently renovated and is very nice. It is across the street from the Quality Inn. No need to go to Publix which is nowhere near there.

Quality-Inn-Location.jpg

• Like 2