OF guarantee on sold out ship

Ombud

Booked a cruise last spring (3/14/19 Star Princess --- Santiago to LA) and price dropped so I had fare adjusted. The process was simple, the only caveat was that I had booked P305 (usually pick this one) but this time I was put into OF Guarantee when dropping price as someone picked that room during refare process. So although the price went down substantially and I am now paying less as a solo OF than a shared inside ..... sounds great right? Paying only 1798. When I called 2 months ago rep said I was #9 on getting a room assigned so I paid in full. BUT it's less than 3 months away on a sold out ship & I am not assigned a room. Getting nervous .... New experience to me, anyone experience this b4?   😞

Donswife is right. Many people get worried about guarantees but I've never heard of anyone not getting their cabin. Some claim they didn't get assigned until they get to the port but others claim in those cases, the passenger didn't check their personalizer within a day of departure and didn't realize they'd been assigned. Regardless, you'll get a cabin.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Booked a cruise last spring (3/14/19 Star Princess --- Santiago to LA) and price dropped so I had fare adjusted. The process was simple, the only caveat was that I had booked P305 (usually pick this one) but this time I was put into OF Guarantee when dropping price as someone picked that room during refare process. So although the price went down substantially and I am now paying less as a solo OF than a shared inside ..... sounds great right? Paying only 1798. When I called 2 months ago rep said I was #9 on getting a room assigned so I paid in full. BUT it's less than 3 months away on a sold out ship & I am not assigned a room. Getting nervous .... New experience to me, anyone experience this b4?   😞

If its 3 days prior to the cruise then I would be just a little nervous.

Just because the sailing shows sold out Princess has cabins behind the scenes.

It's too early for move over offers yet to free up even more cabins.

Princess has this process of guarantees down to a science and do it week in and week out for years.

It happens this way all the time.

I have never heard of princess telling someone what place they are in for a cabin.

You will have a cabin at least in the CAT you boded at.

• Thanks 1

You will have a cabin.  My single piece of advice is stop worrying and stop checking every day.  As multiple threads on these boards have noted and as I can attest to from personal experience, many cruisers will not get cabin assignments until the last few days pre cruise.   My latest occurred while on a flight the day before departure.  Do not worry and please do not open multiple threads on the subject.

• Thanks 1

I agree with everyone else.... relax, don't worry, you'll be somewhere on the ship. 

On our very first cruise we didn't get our cabin assignment until the night before we sailed (a two deck upgrade).

On other cruises we've received our assignment (usually a nice upgrade) a week to 10 days before sailing.

• Thanks 1

We are booked on Sapphire Princess with an O5 guarantee. That's a "Premium Ocean View". There are only a few of those cabins and they are sold out. Either someone else will get an upgrade or upsell or drop the cruise and we get what we booked or we will be upgraded. The "worst" upgrade from that category is a balcony. I don't think there is a balcony cabin on that ship that wouldn't make us happy.

2 hours ago, paul929207 said:

I have been on Cruise Critic for nearly 20 years and have never heard of someone with a guarantee not getting a cabin. It could be in the category you booked or any higher category, but you will get one.

Exactly.

Make this a sticky!   🙂

• Like 1