cancel and rebook - UK

adam7392

Hi All, 

Hoping someone with UK booking experience will be able to answer as I know US is totaly different. 

Just checked price of our Summer 2019 cruise which is now £444 cheaper.  I booked using a FCC for myself and wife (also have 2 children in same cabin) so we have effectively paid a £150 deposit and have a total of $50 on board credit.

Have just called Princess, as I booked direct online, but they are on holiday so I'm just wondering what are my options ?

I could go online and cancel and then book another cabin - similar cabins are available online where we want.  According to the invoice, cancellation at this point is 15% - I presume that is 15% of the deposit - i.e. £22.50 ?   If I cancel online would I lose the FCC and hence the credit or will they  let me keep this to apply to the new booking ?

Alternatively is this something that needs to be done on the phone - and if so will Princess (UK) simply drop the £444 from the bill or make me go thru cancellation and rebook and if so same questions as above - i.e. is the FCC and onboard credit lost ?

Thanks all and Happy New Year.

I have had several 'refares' via Princess Australia inc overseas cruises.  No problem re faring and no charge at all.   It is wrong they charge UK pax a fee.

Edited by NSWP

OP here - Have just called Princess and for the benefit of any other UK residents in this situation who find this post this is what happened:

Apparently you can do one 'Move over' per booking (his terminology not mine) at a cost of £100 (not sure if that is £25 per passenger or £50 per lead passenger or just a flat £100).  The £100 is payable immediately and the fare was then reduced to the latest amount minus our £150 FCD and the £100 just paid.  My wife's and my FCC is also transferred and my shareholder credit will also be sorted out.  You end up receiving a new booking reference which may also have a negative effect as I booked via Topcashback so may now miss out on any cashback as that may now fail to track correctly.

If the price drops again then I would need to cancel and rebook.

So I've effectively got the latest price plus £100.  All in all I'm happy enough with that, though it seems like our US and Aussie cousins get a better deal than us Brits.

Thanks to everyone who replied and hopefully this post may be of use to others.

3 minutes ago, antsp said:

Don’t worry about topcashback, Princess does not track the booking through to final payment 

So you saying you never end up getting the cashback from them? - I am still wating for cashback from a Princess cruise in the Summer that I would have expected to have been paid by now.