NCL Dawn out of Puerto Rico

Gampy1967

I know the Dawn is now sailing out of Puerto Rico thru the month of March.  If you call they tell you it is scheduled to sail out of Old San Juan #4 but everywhere on the boards always states when sailing out of Puerto Rico the embarkation and disembarkation is at Pan American Pier.  Old San Juan is only used by NCL when Dawn is making a stop in Puerto Rico.  Can anyone who has just gotten off the Dawn in Puerto Rico confirm what Pier you left/arrived at.  I am trying to arrange transportation from our hotel to the ship for Embarkation and don't know whether to schedule it from the hotel to Pan American Pier or Old San Juan.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if  the Navy Frontier pier is the same as the PanAm Pier?   Tried to google it, and it brought up Old San Juan.   I will go with assumption that the taxi drivers know which ship is in which port.   

On 12/26/2018 at 6:37 AM, Gampy1967 said:

I know the Dawn is now sailing out of Puerto Rico thru the month of March.  If you call they tell you it is scheduled to sail out of Old San Juan #4 but everywhere on the boards always states when sailing out of Puerto Rico the embarkation and disembarkation is at Pan American Pier.  Old San Juan is only used by NCL when Dawn is making a stop in Puerto Rico.  Can anyone who has just gotten off the Dawn in Puerto Rico confirm what Pier you left/arrived at.  I am trying to arrange transportation from our hotel to the ship for Embarkation and don't know whether to schedule it from the hotel to Pan American Pier or Old San Juan.

Thanks.

Just sailed the Dawn out of San Juan last week. Pan Am pier, not Old San Juan.

Some years ago, NCL did use the Old San Juan pier. But now that pier is used by Carnival.

we are sailing out on Marc h 10- staying there 2 nights before -  we had planned on Sunday going to the Bacardi factory  on Sunday - but first we thought we would drop our luggage off then go over - does anyone know if there are taxis available easily from the port or should i do transportation ahead of time ? 

7 minutes ago, Trimone said:

01331070-2110-4A92-854E-37C24C2C5753.png

I noticed that it shows check in begins at noon at that if you arrived earlier they would turn you away.  Did you select that time? We are staying in a suite and our pre-concierge said that it would be fine to get there at 10:30a (we may have to wait to board) but I don't want to get turned away.

3 minutes ago, Gampy1967 said:

I noticed that it shows check in begins at noon at that if you arrived earlier they would turn you away.  Did you select that time? We are staying in a suite and our pre-concierge said that it would be fine to get there at 10:30a (we may have to wait to board) but I don't want to get turned away.

We said 11.00-11.30, normally we board around 12, with a suite you have a dedicated area with refreshments.

Just now, Trimone said:

We said 11.00-11.30, normally we board around 12, with a suite you have a dedicated area with refreshments.

I knew there was a dedicated area, just did not want to be turned away and told to come back later.  Thanks.

21 hours ago, Diane123boys said:

we are sailing out on Marc h 10- staying there 2 nights before -  we had planned on Sunday going to the Bacardi factory  on Sunday - but first we thought we would drop our luggage off then go over - does anyone know if there are taxis available easily from the port or should i do transportation ahead of time ? 

Whenever a ship is embarking or disembarking (at any port, really) there are tons of taxis around. They want the business.

And yes, when we boarded the Dawn in San Juan, there were taxis dropping people off (including us), that you could easily grab to go somewhere else.

The Navy Frontier Pier is in the cargo area directly across from the Pan American Pier.  I think it is only used for overflow when the Pan American Pier Terminals are full.  There is a map showing the approximate location on post 10 from this old thread: