USing Medallion on Princess

CRUZIN SUSAN

53 minutes ago, CRUZIN SUSAN said:

Can anyone tell me how to acquire a wristband for a Medallion Princess Cruise.

I think you can purchase them on the ship. Princess is just mailing the Ocean Medallion on a lanyard right now.

I was told the OM will be mailed to me two weeks before the cruise.

Tony

A333B97D-B20C-4389-84CF-1F6751372F26.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

I think you can purchase them on the ship.

The Captain is spot on. Wristbands and nearly any other OM accessory your heart desires. You are only limited by the size of your wallet.....or OBCs!

Onboard the Regal last month, we were given lanyards with Medallions (110 cabins ready at Sail-Away, but door mailboxes were disappearing during the cruise and replaced with the tablets).

I believe that all the "jewelry" or bracelets and such were for sale on floors five or six. And yes, they were not inexpensive... They actually had a person there to answer questions and take your money.

Edited by Davey Jones Dentist

Princess will have a selection of jewelry to use with your OM for a price.  The price last month on the CB was from a few dollars to $60+ but they were not available at that time.  Since that time or in the near future the jewelry will be a available.  Personally I just took the OM and cruise card off the lanyard and kept it in my pocket.  

13 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Princess will have a selection of jewelry to use with your OM for a price.  The price last month on the CB was from a few dollars to $60+ but they were not available at that time.  Since that time or in the near future the jewelry will be a available.  Personally I just took the OM and cruise card off the lanyard and kept it in my pocket.  

We have yet to sail on a Medallion cruise - our CB cruise in March was scheduled to be the first Medallion cruise on that ship but it didn't happen - but, like you, I will simply take the thing off of the lanyard and carry it in my pocket. I have absolutely zero interest in wearing something on a lanyard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

We have yet to sail on a Medallion cruise - our CB cruise in March was scheduled to be the first Medallion cruise on that ship but it didn't happen - but, like you, I will simply take the thing off of the lanyard and carry it in my pocket. I have absolutely zero interest in wearing something on a lanyard.

And it will work just dandy!

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I agree! We were on the CB a few weeks ago and the Medallion “lived” in our pockets or my purse unless needed. As an aside, I noticed the bulk of those wearing them on lanyards were first timers. 

• Like 1

I had an on-line chat with Princess this morning and I was told that our Hawaiian cruise on the Ruby on April 8th will not be fitted for the Medallion, nor will our British Isles cruise on the Crown beginning June 30th.  Too bad.  I was looking forward to the experience. Slow implementation.

1 minute ago, CRUZIN SUSAN said:

I had an on-line chat with Princess this morning and I was told that our Hawaiian cruise on the Ruby on April 8th will not be fitted for the Medallion, nor will our British Isles cruise on the Crown beginning June 30th.  Too bad.  I was looking forward to the experience. Slow implementation.

Very slow.  

IMO.......The current system will probably be far surpassed by newer technology long before the fleet is even close to being done.

• Like 1

Just to let you know the lanyard has a section you may clip off. See picture in Lucky TGO post. On our December cruise on the CB, we simply clipped off the small section and attached another clip. My husband was  able to attach to a pant belt loop and I attached mine to the  bag I carry.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 9:05 PM, Lucky TGO said:

I think you can purchase them on the ship. Princess is just mailing the Ocean Medallion on a lanyard right now.

I was told the OM will be mailed to me two weeks before the cruise.

Tony

A333B97D-B20C-4389-84CF-1F6751372F26.jpeg

Wow those lanyards are UGLY!!  This may be a dumb question, but are those 4 colors the colors of our status? In other words elite is black? If that's what the top hook looks like then I'll just use my current lanyard, or isn't that possible?

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Wow those lanyards are UGLY!!  This may be a dumb question, but are those 4 colors the colors of our status? In other words elite is black? If that's what the top hook looks like then I'll just use my current lanyard, or isn't that possible?

Yep, you can take it off the lanyard.

IMG_1672.JPG

Sorry for the huge picture!

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

So is the OM is in a little case the color of your status?  

Can you take it out of that little case?  

Seems if someone wanted to use it for the watchband it would need to be?  :classic_unsure:

Pops right out of the case.

IMG_3133.JPG

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, idahospud said:

IMG_3133.JPG

Thanks!  Rather carry my around without the case in my purse.

DH may consider a watchband which might be easier for him.  

Guess the watchband could be used  for the OM on future cruises???

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, idahospud said:

IMG_3133.JPG

I see the Ocean Medallion was designed in America and assembled in China :classic_mellow:.

Be careful someone may be listening or watching you :classic_ninja:.

Tony

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Use any lanyard you want.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

I see the Ocean Medallion was designed in America and assembled in China :classic_mellow:.

Be careful someone may be listening or watching you :classic_ninja:.

Tony

2 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

look close at the photo that’s what it says designed in America. Who knows for sure??

Tony

Tony ....Do you really care if someone from China is listening or watching you on a cruise ship?

:classic_rolleyes:  LuLu 

• Like 3